Diagnostic SOS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 10-09-14 Thread Starter
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Diagnostic SOS

Hi guys, an Alfisti in the Staffordshire area desperately needs your help if you happen to have diagnostic software on your laptop and P1 3pin cable? I did say i would put out an SOS for him and his username is andyt and his thread is in the 916 forum and called 'Spider starting issues'. (I would post link but am using my phone.)

Last edited by EauRouge; 10-09-14 at 16:30.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Crazed

Thanks for your efforts EauRouge. No offers to date sadly, but it's quite a big 'ask' I suppose to lend out technical stuff to a total stranger, particularly if the paid for software is needed due to the Phase One 3 pin cables etc.

The latest is that I have sorted the problem by the good old multimeter method. A group of six cables shared a corroded connector behind the centre console, and these were at fault. (See https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...l#post10384289 ).

I'm now contemplating changing the belts, but any comments about common MOT failure issues would be welcome. I don't want to put a lot of time into changing belts if major MOT issues are going to become apparent, but I can't get the car in for MOT without doing at least some of the work beforehand, since the car has been unused for two or three years and some of the rubber bushes on the suspension can be seen to be rather dry and cracked.

Chicken and Egg I think.........

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
diagnostic , sos

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page