Forum Members Offer - BG Inlet Cleaning Treatment At Northbank Garage Droitwich - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 15-03-12 Thread Starter
A6
AO Silver Member

County: Worcestershire
Forum Members Offer - BG Inlet Cleaning Treatment At Northbank Garage Droitwich

After having my car treated I asked the garage if they would do a deal for other forum members and the owner, Steve was happy to oblige, accordingly the deal is;

Full three stage BG Inlet Cleaning Treatment and Oil change with filter for 225 at Northbank garage in Droitwich, near M5 J6

All you need to do to take advantage of this offer is make reference to being an Alfaowner Forum member at the time of contact.

Northbank Garage
Berryhill Industrial Estate
Droitwich
WR9 9AH

Tel: 01905 795 547
MOT Worcester, Car Service, Garage Droitwich & Bromsgrove

The treatment comprises of an additive to the fuel tank, additive to oil and air intake cleaner added via a pressurised system. The car is then run for around 40mins whilst the additives run their magic, see attached YouTube clip for more information

AUTOiNFORM ONLINE MAGAZINE: Diesel Intake System Cleaning with Frank Massey - YouTube

After the system has been cleaned the oil is then changed to remove the flush and new oil filter fitted. Whole process takes about an hour and a half to complete.

Full price is 250 but 10% discount on this service is available to forum members, for more information I suggest you speak to Steve at Northbank Garage.

Back in the fold !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 16 Old 15-03-12 Thread Starter
A6
AO Silver Member

Following the various threads on here discussing the results of the BG Inlet cleaning process I decided to give this a whirl to see if this would cure my problem with a starting problem, misfire on start up and excessive white smoke on start up. The results were outstanding I wasn't expecting much and certainly wasn't expecting the results to be so dramatic.

The cold start problem was completely cured, performance was noticeably increased with the car feeling more urgent and responsive now, starts first time on the button, and engine just runs more smoothly. Clearly this cleaning process has improved the air flow and decoked the engine.

To clarify I have no financial interest in this garage other than they did a fantastic job on my car and as such I'll go out of my way to recommend them.
AO Silver Member

County: Shropshire

Member car:

GT 3.2V6

Sounds good.... But will have to wait 6 months for me as its going SORN for 6 month's but definitely interesting to see if this would improve my cars mpg....
V6Hughes

Are you havin' a laugh?

225 for an oil change!! A shot of Redex, a can of engine flush and some intake cleaner.

You've been had Chris.

MylesJohn

225 not too bad. Does it make the car feel like new? I have been watching a few videos on you tube trying to find out as much as possible.
Expensive but if the results are the bees knees then I am more than happy to pay it.

(Post Link) post #6 of 16 Old 15-03-12 Thread Starter
A6
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
Are you havin' a laugh?

225 for an oil change!! A shot of Redex, a can of engine flush and some intake cleaner.

You've been had Chris.
Price the parts and see if you still think it's a bad deal?
(Post Link) post #7 of 16 Old 15-03-12 Thread Starter
A6
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesJohn View Post
225 not too bad. Does it make the car feel like new? I have been watching a few videos on you tube trying to find out as much as possible.
Expensive but if the results are the bees knees then I am more than happy to pay it.
Most places charge 300 for this treatment!

My car wasn't running 100% so this treatment really made a difference to mine. It's not a miracle cure and won't fix major problems such as injector faults but it will make the engine run smoother and more responsive. It helps restore lost power so it your cara running ok now you might not gain much benefit from it.

Read the reviews don't just take my word on it
MylesJohn

Mine is sometimes dificult to start and i have cleaned the egr twice in 8 months to try and get rid of the hesitation that sometimes occurs when putting you foot down and nothing happens. Plus with 96k miles on the clock with the dpf and egr it is most probably never been cleaned out in its life.

V6Hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisyounguk View Post
Price the parts and see if you still think it's a bad deal?

Sure

Redex 2.49
Halfords | Redex One Shot Diesel Treatment 50ml

Engine flush 4.99
Halfords | Wynn's Engine Flush 425ml

Air intake cleaner 6.99
Halfords | Wynn's Fuel Injection & Carburettor Cleaner 500ml

Oil filter 10.80
Alfa Romeo 159 Oil Filters

Oil (x2) 40.99
Halfords | Castrol Edge Sport 0W40 Oil 4 Litre

Total

If you're happy with the deal then great. I think it's a crap deal and just because some other garages charge 300 doesn't make it any better.

(Post Link) post #10 of 16 Old 16-03-12 Thread Starter
A6
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
Sure

Redex 2.49
Halfords | Redex One Shot Diesel Treatment 50ml

Engine flush 4.99
Halfords | Wynn's Engine Flush 425ml

Air intake cleaner 6.99
Halfords | Wynn's Fuel Injection & Carburettor Cleaner 500ml

Oil filter 10.80
Alfa Romeo 159 Oil Filters

Oil (x2) 40.99
Halfords | Castrol Edge Sport 0W40 Oil 4 Litre

Total

If you're happy with the deal then great. I think it's a crap deal and just because some other garages charge 300 doesn't make it any better.
I appreciate these are personal views but I would add that you're not comparing like for like though.

Yes sure you can buy the budget products and change your own oil etc cheaper but you won't achieve the same results I know as I've tried.

Not least the air intake cleaner is added under high pressure which requires a dedicated bit of kit to do this.

As I've said elsewhere Frank Massey is recognised as one of the leading experts in diagnostics and if he goes out of his way to recommend this treatment process then that's good enough for me!
(Post Link) post #11 of 16 Old 16-03-12 Thread Starter
A6
AO Silver Member

Whoa this seems to have gone a bit off topic. I certainly didn't want to cause offence just outlining a forum offer to members.

I appreciate in your opinion that this is an expensive option, and that I explained you're not comparing 'apples with apples' on this one. I'm not the only one on this forum praising positive feedback on this treatment
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

alph a ramayo

Oh Dear
AO Member

What Evel said Karl?
(Post Link) post #14 of 16 Old 17-03-12 Thread Starter
A6
AO Silver Member

Where have all the previous posts gone???
AO Gold Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

alph a ramayo

Deleted by PG

Keeping the thread clean Chris
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
anybody know of a garage in the wiltshire, somerset or dorset area that offers this bg service?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
cleaning , droitwich , forum , garage , inlet , members , northbank , offer , treatment

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page