2nd hand dealer query - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 14 Old 28-07-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 95

Member car:

08 147 Monza

2nd hand dealer query

Hi lads,

Quick question from a 2008 147 owner in Ireland.

Did a search on this here but no info found, so here goes...

I'm looking at changing my car soon and I really want a 159 or GT

There is a much better selection of both in the second hand market in the UK than over here in Ireland.

Anyway, I seen a few 159's (diesel TI's) and GT's (again, diesel) at this place. While they are an indy dealer, they seem to do a good line of Alfa's.

Has anyone ever used this place before or have any info on how reputable they are?

Also, with regards to 2nd hand motors, is there much leeway to haggle on price. I know in Ireland you can expect a better price than whats listed if you are paying cash (ie no trade in). Is that the same in the UK?
glumsden is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
V6Hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Never used them but looking at their site they seem expensive to me.

The 3.0 GTV they have advertised, there are a few mistakes in the ad. The master key is brown, not red and the car is insurance group 19 not 17. Minor details, But its always in the details.

Haggle like fcuk! Be cheeky, really cheeky. you'll get can always up your bid but you can't go lower.
 
sergioq
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
Never used them but looking at their site they seem expensive to me.

The 3.0 GTV they have advertised, there are a few mistakes in the ad. The master key is brown, not red and the car is insurance group 19 not 17. Minor details, But its always in the details.

Haggle like fcuk! Be cheeky, really cheeky. you'll get can always up your bid but you can't go lower.
Hughesy the ad states that the master key is brown and that its group 19. Something is amiss here if that ad has corrected itself since you posted 2 hours ago?
 
V6Hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 24V 2 Door Coupe
Stirling silver metallic, electric windows, 17" 5-hole alloy wheels, blue momo sports leather seats with white stiching, air conditioning, anti-lock brakes (ABS), twin stainless steel exhaust, leather steering wheel & gear knob, alfa code immobiliser, boot spoiler, remote central locking including 2 keys (+ 1 master red key), radio/cd player, twin front airbags with passenger deactivation, front fog lights, electric/heated door mirrors, front centre armrest/storage box, Full service history, (last service 71k, cambelt replaced 52k) 78,000 miles, 4 owners, 2000 W, 3295 (Road tax band PLG - 215.00 p. a. Insurance group 17, mpg urban cycle) Outstanding example.



And who the fcuk calls teledials "five hole alloys"?
 
Status: gone
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Midlands
Posts: 2,925

Member car:

GTA + GTV

seems expensive mate tbh have a look on classified's some nice gt's in there as hughesy has pointed out they should know what teledials are and the colour of the keys, might be a honest mistake haggle like crazy
smiffy117 is offline  
westyman
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post


And who the fcuk calls teledials "five hole alloys"?
Language young man

You hit your thumb with a hammer or nailgun your arm to a bit of MDF today Karl?

Actually my Alfa has 5 hole alloys according to Alfa's very own on-line configurator, so the chap isn't necessarily wrong in his description, is he?
 
V6Hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by westyman View Post
Language young man

You hit your thumb with a hammer or nailgun your arm to a bit of MDF today Karl?

Actually my Alfa has 5 hole alloys according to Alfa's very own on-line configurator, so the chap isn't necessarily wrong in his description, is he?

I don't do things like that You learn from the first time


Errr. Yes because everyone and their dog knows that they are teledials

Yours are the 8C style ones aren't they? I can't remember it's been so long since you turned up to a meet in your Alfa

 
sergioq
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
I don't do things like that You learn from the first time


Errr. Yes because everyone and their dog knows that they are teledials

Yours are the 8C style ones aren't they? I can't remember it's been so long since you turned up to a meet in your Alfa

+1
 
westyman
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
I don't do things like that You learn from the first time


Errr. Yes because everyone and their dog knows that they are teledials

Yours are the 8C style ones aren't they? I can't remember it's been so long since you turned up to a meet in your Alfa

Sorry, been a bit busy conducting an exhaustive poll, well I checked with my Mother-in-Law's dog and he didn't know they were teledials.
I then checked with my cat Oliver, now he is pretty sharp and he agrees with your theory about EVERYONE knowing they are Teledials

As for my own trusty steed, I believe they may well be 8c wheels, horseshoe wheels, or no doubt somehting else, I was merely stating that Alfa themselves call them 5 hole wheels, probably because there are 5 big dirty holes which greatly assist in getting your hand through to clean the back of them

Consider me told off for bringing the "wrong" car to meetings, it just so happens the days the meetings are on the real owner Isn't at home and I see using it as a perk for feeding his goldfish.

As it possibly offends, I'll ask him to get rid of it and get something with Teledials on it or possibly an 8c
 
Status: I have the cape yet still can't fly
AO Silver Member
 
TurismoTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South West Birmingham
Posts: 2,095

Member car:

GT

Oi you lot back to original post

My next door neighbour (old bill) (not his name either ) has used these people before as has my brother in law (brought an X type estate from them last year) and both said they gave very good service.

I'll pass no comment on the prices or the obvious f*** up with the Teledials
TurismoTodd is offline  
V6Hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by westyman View Post
Sorry, been a bit busy conducting an exhaustive poll, well I checked with my Mother-in-Law's dog and he didn't know they were teledials.
I then checked with my cat Oliver, now he is pretty sharp and he agrees with your theory about EVERYONE knowing they are Teledials




Quote:
Originally Posted by westyman View Post
As for my own trusty steed, I believe they may well be 8c wheels, horseshoe wheels, or no doubt somehting else, I was merely stating that Alfa themselves call them 5 hole wheels, probably because there are 5 big dirty holes which greatly assist in getting your hand through to clean the back of them

Consider me told off for bringing the "wrong" car to meetings, it just so happens the days the meetings are on the real owner Isn't at home and I see using it as a perk for feeding his goldfish.

As it possibly offends, I'll ask him to get rid of it and get something with Teledials on it or possibly an 8c
Your on form tonight

Now nobody said your "other" car offends and I suspect many are pleased to see such a rare and beautiful beast, myself included

Yours aren't horseshoes, they're were fitted to 946 spiders breras and 159s

The new 4C comes with tele's
 
westyman
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurismoTodd View Post
Oi you lot back to original post
Sorry Todd, I'm learning something tonight so please forgive me for taking it off topic. Anyhow missing you at our supermarket meets, get your act together

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
Your on form tonight
I had fish for lunch and dinner (starter) , it's brain food you know!

I've undone all the good work by washing it down with 3 pints in the hotel

It's going to get worse as well because I have a weekend up in Scotland with my whisky swilling haggis munching brethren

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
Now nobody said your "other" car offends and I suspect many are pleased to see such a rare and beautiful beast, myself included
Well thank you, I do enjoy using the "other" car even it it hasn't got Teledials either

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Hughes View Post
Yours aren't horseshoes, they're were fitted to 946 spiders breras and 159s
The new 4C comes with tele's
Jeez, i'm not doing well on the Alfa wheel quiz am I

I've got 4 round things on my Alfa, each has 5 big holes that are horseshoe shaped, they were an option from standard and the wife has smacked them off a kerb as well

I've been well and truly put in my place when it comes to Alfa wheels

Tell you what best you get yourself over to Alfa's marketing dept and give them what for You are wasted whacking nails into wood, ah that reminds me, I need a hammer, what do you recommend, its for the Alfa

Last edited by westyman; 28-07-11 at 23:25.
 
Status: 6 cylinders. Big smile.
AO Silver Member
 
wynne71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,064
And back to the point of the original post, Second City Motors are run my Andrew and Tobin, both Alfa enthusiasts that do look at the forum!

I have had both of my Alfas from them and would more than happily have a third from them.

They pick pretty decent stock, being picky with what they buy in.
All cars are well prepared and in a good condition.

I have always been able to barter with them and get a decent deal. The part ex they gave me for the 159 was way better than the market price, and made me snap the GT up!

Give them a ring, have a chat and see what you think.
Even my wife agreed that they are a decent outfit, and she hates second hand car dealers!

Moved over to the dark side

And loving it
wynne71 is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 14 Old 03-08-11 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 95

Member car:

08 147 Monza

Quote:
Originally Posted by wynne71 View Post
And back to the point of the original post, Second City Motors are run my Andrew and Tobin, both Alfa enthusiasts that do look at the forum!

I have had both of my Alfas from them and would more than happily have a third from them.

They pick pretty decent stock, being picky with what they buy in.
All cars are well prepared and in a good condition.

I have always been able to barter with them and get a decent deal. The part ex they gave me for the 159 was way better than the market price, and made me snap the GT up!

Give them a ring, have a chat and see what you think.
Even my wife agreed that they are a decent outfit, and she hates second hand car dealers!
Thanks for that
glumsden is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
2nd , dealer , hand , query

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome