west mids - pride of AO - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

Reply
 
Thread Tools
v6hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
west mids - pride of AO

after a passing conversation with les at the bc i thought it might make an interesting conversation for a thread

I think here in the WM we have some of the best examples of the marque on AO maybe in the country possibly the world

so here's what i think

gotogt - the best sud
tomfromtelford - the best non gta 147
mrshusky - the best gt (i know its brand new but can you think of a better wheel / colour / spec combo)
shusky - the best mito
roger - the best 166 (reg nq00pn) sorry mate i don't know your username

what do you lot reckon, who would you nominate for what ????
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Disillusioned and Disgruntled
AO Silver Member
 
MrShusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,381
So so many you've forgot to mention:-

Drivers71 - Best Brera S V6
Green Berlina - Best Berlina 2000
Aubrey - Best 147 GTA
Evel - Shineist 159 Sportswagon
Sinplyalfas - Best Alfa Courtesty Car

I'm sure I've missed lots of others as well so come on WM

Last edited by MrShusky; 21-06-10 at 20:27.
MrShusky is offline  
sergioq
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6hughes View Post
after a passing conversation with les at the bc i thought it might make an interesting conversation for a thread

I think here in the WM we have some of the best examples of the marque on AO maybe in the country possibly the world

so here's what i think

gotogt - the best sud
tomfromtelford - the best non gta 147
mrshusky - the best gt (i know its brand new but can you think of a better wheel / colour / spec combo)
shusky - the best mito
roger - the best 166 (reg nq00pn) sorry mate i don't know your username

what do you lot reckon, who would you nominate for what ????
I'd have to nominate my 156 2.0 Ts Veloce in Rosso Red for best 156 although Matty B may argue!!!
May I also put forward the Doctor from the SWARM for best Spider 3.2 V6
 
v6hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShusky View Post
So so many you've forgot to mention:-
if i listed everyone the thread wouldnt get any replies

well apart from the angry people who think they should've been nominated for something
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
GTV Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 953

Member car:

GTV V6

Makes me proud to be a West Midlander!

Dave Parks's GTV always looks nice and immaculate to me, it's how I wish mine looked

I think Rods old Spider tops it though, absolutley beautiful car, great condition, and he drives and uses it just the way it should be
GTV Rob is offline  
sergioq
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTV Rob View Post
Makes me proud to be a West Midlander!

Dave Parks's GTV always looks nice and immaculate to me, it's how I wish mine looked

I think Rods old Spider tops it though, absolutley beautiful car, great condition, and he drives and uses it just the way it should be
With you both of those statements
 
Status: Saving for engine.
AO Silver Member
 
tomfromtelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Shropshire
Posts: 4,241
Cheers for the kind comments

Hughsey should get balls of steel - world wide

PS I'm selling by babe - looking for a White GTA
tomfromtelford is offline  
Status: Powered by coal and steam
AO Gold Member
 
EVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: England
County: West Midlands
Posts: 9,807

Member car:

alph a ramayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShusky View Post
So so many you've forgot to mention:-

Drivers71 - Best Brera S V6
Green Berlina - Best Berlina 2000
Aubrey - Best 147 GTA
Evel - Shineist 159 Sportswagon
Sinplyalfas - Best Alfa Courtesty Car

I'm sure I've missed lots of others as well so come on WM

Its a 156 Sportwagon

But Thanks Les











I going to 2nd Les' GT cos its mighty
Tideees GTA Sportwagon
Aubreys' GTA 147
RedGazs' GTA 156





Simplyalfas sooty van cos ive had it as a courtesy car
EVEL is offline  
v6hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfromtelford View Post
Cheers for the kind comments

Hughsey should get balls of steel - world wide

PS I'm selling by babe - looking for a White GTA
cheers

why would you want to sell her :crazy:
anyway you and yours and all that jazz

i do believe someone on here was considering selling their mint white gta not long ago, have you been in touch with them?
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
GTV Rob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 953

Member car:

GTV V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfromtelford View Post
Cheers for the kind comments

Hughsey should get balls of steel - world wide

PS I'm selling by babe - looking for a White GTA
Yours is probably not far off the pace of a GTA, and you get better consumption!
GTV Rob is offline  
Status: Saving for engine.
AO Silver Member
 
tomfromtelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Shropshire
Posts: 4,241
The pull of a 3.2 is strong - mileage will be going down so could afford it.
tomfromtelford is offline  
Status: Disillusioned and Disgruntled
AO Silver Member
 
MrShusky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVEL View Post
Its a 156 Sportwagon
The promotion was a 'tiping errer', sorry. but it's still shiney.
MrShusky is offline  
Status: Alfas gone, replaced with a Scooby import
AO Silver Member
 
davieb156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 1,642
do i get an award for the best Nuvola blue 156 with a cracked bumper? lol
davieb156 is offline  
Status: I have the cape yet still can't fly
AO Silver Member
 
TurismoTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South West Birmingham
Posts: 2,095

Member car:

GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieb156 View Post
do i get an award for the best Nuvola blue 156 with a cracked bumper? lol

Course you do Dave
TurismoTodd is offline  
happy man
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
How come my shiney blue stealth tractor didn't get a mention
 
Status: I have the cape yet still can't fly
AO Silver Member
 
TurismoTodd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South West Birmingham
Posts: 2,095

Member car:

GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy man View Post
How come my shiney blue stealth tractor didn't get a mention


Plenty of time Tony this thread is going to run for some time me thinks
TurismoTodd is offline  
happy man
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
You lot said Les had the best looking GT
 
Status: Saving for engine.
AO Silver Member
 
tomfromtelford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
County: Shropshire
Posts: 4,241
Tony I think it's a technicality of you being a NW AOer.
tomfromtelford is offline  
v6hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy man View Post
How come my shiney blue stealth tractor didn't get a mention
cos les has trumped it with his shiny white tractor

 
happy man
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomfromtelford View Post
Tony I think it's a technicality of you being a NW AOer.
:think: I spend 4 nights a week in the mids and 3 in the NW so :raz:

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6hughes View Post
cos les has trumped it with his shiny white tractor

White is a poofs colour
 
Status: Powered by coal and steam
AO Gold Member
 
EVEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: England
County: West Midlands
Posts: 9,807

Member car:

alph a ramayo

If you come to the meet tomorrow night we'll get 'em parked up side by side and take a vote on it
EVEL is offline  
happy man
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Can't she's all durty
 
v6hughes
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
anyway this thread isnt really - all west midlanders have the nicest cars, we already know that

but i think collectively we have more show stoppers than any other region, examples that make you go examples with the x factor ()
 
Status: Alfas gone, replaced with a Scooby import
AO Silver Member
 
davieb156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 1,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy man View Post
How come my shiney blue stealth tractor didn't get a mention
Cos your a scouser not a true midlander ;-)
davieb156 is offline  
Status: Alfas gone, replaced with a Scooby import
AO Silver Member
 
davieb156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: -
Posts: 1,642
Not only do we have the ncest cars, but were also the nicest people too lol. There I've said it :-)

Waits for the rest of the UK to rip me apart now.
davieb156 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
mids , pride , west

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome