Anyone fancy? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 25-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Zafira mostly.

Anyone fancy?

Well I am not WM based but spend a lot of time over there with a few friends. I am on a midlands based mixed car club but am the only alfa ( poor me)

Anyone fancy signing up and at least stopping me getting picked on by all the lads with their subarus and Fords.

link is on my signature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

The Subaru and Ford guys are only jealous of the your V6. There probably still too young to realise what class really is .
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 27-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Zafira mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davieb123 View Post
The Subaru and Ford guys are only jealous of the your V6. There probably still too young to realise what class really is .
I am the baby on there to be fair. Very few younger than me. I loved my subaru but I found that I got a lot of aggro of other drivers ( mostly male) It could be a 1.2 corsa and they would rev up at the lights next to me, or try to cut me up. It was also the expensive engine rebuilds if required.

I may go back to one but I dont really think I can bring myself to sell the 156. It can just have some japanese company. Although next year it will get the 145 for company.

Had a track day out with these lot yesterday although due to needing a clutch and it being a sprint track I didn't take the alfa on. But everyone remarked about the 156 being beautiful. Oh and sounding good.

------------------------------------------------------
©™ IF something is worth having, then its worth waiting for.
©™ Who needs the RAC when you have RRS.
©™ Good Girls keep Diaries, Bad Girl's Keep score....

RACEFORLIFE
Unregistered

County: East Sussex
i am into jap cars but despise the whole fastford thing. i would happily join up.
i completely understand the problem with owning a subaru, i will admit that being a corsa owner in my younger years and having very many MALE subaru owners delight in smoking me at the lights, when i was occassionally using my dad's car 3.oltr V6 Nissan i did feel the need to overtake and generally harass subaru owners. fortunately those days are of old as i found MALE subaru owners would try to take it too far by following me and trying to beat me up, the end result was i eventually ran one over who had started on me a couple of times. the police got invovled but seeing as he has a criminal record they understood my situation and took no further action. I know im starting to sound like a chav but im not.
Anyway i sincerely hope you keep your alfa as long as you can and if you want something to keep up with the subaru's on the track get a GTA model, 156/147 either will do.
Just curious, you say your young, but how young? to be owning a 156 V6
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 27-11-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Zafira mostly.

lol just younger than the guys on there and sorry, I cant see even a GTA keeping up with a subaru on track. Yes most subaru owners can not drive, but I do not fall into that catergory, as clawed my way up through my cars. Getting track days when I could and tuition.

My type R scooby was 4.3 to 60 and I believe the GTa is slower and I know does not handle as well. I don't think subaru is best handling car in the world, but a well set up sti type R or sti is a very good car. Yes my friends with evos will say theres are better than my mates with scoobys, but those that have had both say at the same bhp there is nothing in it. Its just most evos come with more power standard. (does that make sense)

I am looking at a supercharged civic type R or something similar for a track toy. Only reason I have put this in the West Mid lounge is that most of their members are over that way. I have to trek for miles in the Alfa for events. lol

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
fancy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page