Rubbish garage wrecked my car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Rubbish garage wrecked my car

Last Wednesday someone opened their car door on mine leaving a great big dent and an angry Alfa owner. The person who hit the door was kind enough to offer to get it repaired and forked out a 200 pound bill to his 'friend'.
This friend works in an MOT station that also does resprays, the car was meant to be done in a day but because I wanted a good job I told him to keep it overnight. It took a lot of threatening and needless arguments to get my car back late. I got the car back with a s*** to say the least job. He managed to get over spray everywhere other than the panel he was meant to be spraying and even on all of the windows. To add to this the paint has reacted with the old paint and the interior is a mess.
So just a quick heads up to anyone considering using Harvey's MOT & Services centre for resprays or any body work. Don't do it, it's really not worth the hassle.

Also what can I do to get my car sorted because at the moment I feel like getting rid of it that's how annoyed I am. I love the car but can't stand to see it in this way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rayq81

Take it back, threaten legal action, if that fails :KILL:

v6hughes

try john at simply alfa's they may be able to put it right

(Post Link) post #4 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

I'm never taking my car back there, she's not allowed to go anywhere close. I was thinking *head bashing* and then legal action personally.
AO Member

County: Conwy
I would strongly recommend you go & see a solicitor and look at taking legal action so you can get compensation. It's not right. People like that shouldn't be allowed to do a child's paint by numbers picture, never mind set themselves up in the car bodywork business.

Hope it works out for you fella.
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Which is exactly why I'd always go through the insurance company ...
(Post Link) post #7 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

I thought I would be nice because the person who hit my door was rather reasonable about it and so I thought I would let him go about it his way. Silly me for trusting his 'friend'.
Bri
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne & Wear

Member car:

Saab zzzzzz....

Speak to the person that did the damage, tell him the repair he paid for is not up to the standard you wanted & take it through your insurance if you still can.
(Post Link) post #9 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

But who do I hold the claim against as he has already paid for the repair once and it seems unfair to make him pay again. I would rather hold it against the garage man who was extremely cheeky and doesn't have a clue about life.
AO Platinum Member

all depends who's name the paperwork is under ... if the guy who paid also signed all the paperwork to get the job done then legally the garage has no contract with you and as such are not obliged to correct anywork for you ... it would have to come from the guy who damaged your car
AO Platinum Member

did you pay for legal protection on my car insurance? if so give them a ring ...
(Post Link) post #12 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

I'm not sure about the legal protection but I have a good relationship with my solicitor and he doesn't charge me so I'll speak to him first thing. Every time I walk outside my house I feel disgusted that such a beautiful car looks like it does now.

Personally I think a bit of a bashing's in order but I'm sure it's not the right way to go about it.
AO Gold Member

County: Brokopondo
Hi, chris, im sorry but! im going to contradict you and say that it is NOT! the fellow who crashed into you rather its the sprayer!?

Firstly, i would advise you Pardeep that altough i understand your frustrations try not to lose your temper! I would say speak to the guy that paid for the job, show him the work and ask him to speak to the sprayer! You are justified in taking it to someone of your choosing, but! i would consider speaking with a solicitor about pursuing the original mechanic( Cowboy!) for payment for his poor job!

I feel for you, but! speak to the person who damaged your car and explain/show them and explain that your relationship with the mechanic is highly strained and ask him to convey that you want the job done elsewhere at his expense!
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
Hi, chris, im sorry but! im going to contradict you and say that it is NOT! the fellow who crashed into you rather its the sprayer!?
True it's the sprayer at fault, but as the sprayer has no contract with Pardeep then they don't have to do rework for him ... they do however have a contract with the guy who crashed into pardeep and it is the crasher that has the legal right to get the work done properly (so Pardeep would have to talk to the crasher to have a word with the garage ...)
AO Gold Member

Agreed!
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EauRouge View Post
Agreed!

(Post Link) post #17 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Is it fair to involve someone who has done their part, again? I would rather bring it up with the cowboy as he is the one who did the work and made a mess of my car and also gave me unnecessary lies and cheek. Something which I don't appreciate when I try to work in a fair way most of the time. I know I shouldn't hold a grudge but I do really like my Alfa and I do plan on keeping it, it's not just a 6month car like my others.
AO Gold Member

Are you going to fall out with him again? (I understand fully why you are very annoyed) this is why i recommend an intermediary as he recommended this fella!

My granny gave me good advice, she told me

"Never fight fire with fire!"
(Post Link) post #19 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

My main plan is to write the garage a letter from my solicitor stating the damage that has been done to my vehicle whilst being repaired by one of their staff members. Possibly write the car needs to be fixed to a satisfactory level, however they cannot carry out the repairs as I am not pleased with there standard of work and also the professionalism of their team etc etc...
AO Gold Member

Will that make you feel better? I reckon it will achieve absolutely nothing!

It will lighten your pocket though and increase your hassle!
(Post Link) post #21 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

But if I say I want my car repaired by someone else and for them to fork the bill. That's the bottom line.
AO Gold Member

I agree with that! I would call him tomorrow and without emotion tell him that you are not happy with the job!
if he reacts with aggression again, then approach your solicitor.

Even if you do win legal settlement, you will have problems getting the money out of him, i would attempt to sort it with him first! if he is a reasonable man and by your description of the job above he will see that that its a mess! If you go in & threaten legal Action, you will end up in a "Mexican Stand Off"
(Post Link) post #23 of 46 Old 30-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

Hhhhhhhhmmmmmm true, but after a few light threats I think negotiations have reached a point where they should stop before someone (he) gets beaten up. :-)

BTW thank you so much for all of your help.
AO Member

County: Conwy
Let us know how you get on fella. Don't get yourself into a punch up though. It ain't worth it. But I can understand how you feel, especially seeing your car everyday as a constant reminder. That's the tough part.
(Post Link) post #25 of 46 Old 31-07-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT

I won't get into a punch up, I'll definitely let you all know how I get on and thank you once again to all of you for your help. It's greatly appreciated.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
car , garage , rubbish , wrecked

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page