Platts in Stoke.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
West Midlands All events and potential meets in West Midlands

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 16-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Mito Lusso

Platts in Stoke..

Like a muppet.. i've driven off without my oil cap on. bit of a school boy error if you ask me!

Anyway. I've had to take today off work, so i got up phoned halfrauds and fiat in stafford.. well halfords don't do them for 147s and fiat don't support alfa, which i thought was odd as they're the same group so no luck there..

Which next made me think ok.. i'll have to get the train to stoke and walk 4 miles to platts alfa garage.. at least it's a nice day hey! with this in mind i rang platts ahead understandably.. spoke to a helpful guy on parts and tols him all this business so he found me the cap (16.51) which i thought was a little expensive but i'm desperate because i have work tomorrow.. He then asks where i live and say's that he'll drop it off at my house in stafford tonight! how cool is that.. and some people complain about alfa service!

Just thought i'd let people know how helpful they were

Was a 147.. Now a TT and a Mito.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Shropshire
Re: Platts in Stoke..

ive had two cars and brought parts off platts in the past and i have had 1st class service off them everytime
v6hughes

what a nice guy

apa
AO Member

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

GT 3.2 v6

That's great

Been thinking about taking my car there as it's due for a cam belt change. The garage i've been using seemed to be good but they've messed up replacing my radiator - it now squeaks against the bodywork as they've "not lined it up right" (quote) and yesterday it started dripping water from somewhere. I'm fed up of taking it back and having to borrow one of their rubbish courtesy cars - I didn't buy an alfa so i could drive a Rover 45 (which is what's sitting outside my house now)!!!

I'd always been told Platts were very expensive but if you get good service and don't have to keep going back it's worth it.
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 16-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Mito Lusso

Yeah i can't comment on getting any work done, but i was just very pleased with their customer service.. another thing , i know not that significant but, they picked up the phone really quickly and i wasn't on hold for a long time..

But, i'll look to get some work done there should i need to!
AO Member

Member car:

156 SW 1.8 TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apa View Post
That's great

Been thinking about taking my car there as it's due for a cam belt change. The garage i've been using seemed to be good but they've messed up replacing my radiator - it now squeaks against the bodywork as they've "not lined it up right" (quote) and yesterday it started dripping water from somewhere. I'm fed up of taking it back and having to borrow one of their rubbish courtesy cars - I didn't buy an alfa so i could drive a Rover 45 (which is what's sitting outside my house now)!!!

I'd always been told Platts were very expensive but if you get good service and don't have to keep going back it's worth it.
Who did you use?
apa
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood69 View Post
Who did you use?
Thompson Performance Cars in Stone. They had been great - good prices, efficient, pleasant service and always gave the car back cleaner than it was when i took it in.

Maybe I'm just being harsh but they took 5 days to get a radiator, then fitted it so it squeaked, then tried to fix the sqeak and it started leaking. Spoke to them a couple of hours ago and they tried to tell me i'd punctured the radiator. When i said 'no' they changed their mind and said it was faulty. New one should arrive tomorrow - let's hope they fit this right.

Phoned Platts re: cam belts and was told mine didn't need replacing until 5 years or 72k miles - it's only the smaller engines that need replacing every 36k miles. Surprised that a garage would talk themselves out of a job!
(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 16-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Mito Lusso

The Parts Guy from Platts came by at about 6:30 with my new cap.. he also gave me some grease to do my bonnet spring because he said when he checked the car on the database it was something that needed to be done! then he was on his way!

I'm amazed, i never got service like this when i had my audi a3 before..the cap would have probably cost more too from them!

So my car is back on the road for work tomorrow.. all done in a day and all i had to do was walk to halfords for some oil.. awesome!
AO Member

County: Worcestershire

Great to hear about such brilliant customer service from a main dealer

Definite brownie points for Platts - well done guys!
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0 TS Lusso

yeah i'm quite fortunate that platts is only a couple miles from me, they're always pretty helpful even on the end of the phone. they always have a healthy stock of selenia in too!
AO Member

Member car:

156 SW 1.8 TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apa View Post
Thompson Performance Cars in Stone. They had been great - good prices, efficient, pleasant service and always gave the car back cleaner than it was when i took it in.

Maybe I'm just being harsh but they took 5 days to get a radiator, then fitted it so it squeaked, then tried to fix the sqeak and it started leaking. Spoke to them a couple of hours ago and they tried to tell me i'd punctured the radiator. When i said 'no' they changed their mind and said it was faulty. New one should arrive tomorrow - let's hope they fit this right.

Phoned Platts re: cam belts and was told mine didn't need replacing until 5 years or 72k miles - it's only the smaller engines that need replacing every 36k miles. Surprised that a garage would talk themselves out of a job!
Doesn't sound harsh at all. Maybe they can work some way to changing your opinion by doing a proper job this time.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Alfa Romeo Club Events > Alfa Romeo Meets & Events > West Midlands

Tags
platts , stoke

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page