Car hire firm problems - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Way Off Topic Topics in here are quite off topic but do stay within the rules...

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 21-05-07 Thread Starter
AO Member

Car hire firm problems

Hired a lease car while waiting for a new car.

Car handling is bad, AA looked at car, car had accident, AA advise steering rack not working correctly.

Rental firm swapped car for a new car with 140 miles on the clock, said first car was sent to Arnold Clark and advised nowt wrong with it.

New car had been rented to somebody else prior to me. When I had it handling was bad again, tyre pressures were around 40, should be 28.

I changed the pressures, and phoned them to advise then of that, and also told them I had problems selecting 4th gear. They told me to get on with the car, so I emailed them as a back-up.

Yesterday evening on a roundabout while accellerating away after stopping - car will not go into gear, and clutch limp. Car now done a thousand miles.

AA cart car away, rental place gives me another car, very apologetic.

Branch manager calls this morning, again very sorry etc.

Branch manager called back at 1pm, area manager insisted that another local branch to my office remove the replacement car they gave me yesterday, all very bizarre. I was left car-less 40 miles from home in the middle of nowhere.

Thankfully Enterprise collect, so they sorted me out with a hired car until I get my new car on Thursday.

My worry is that the guy before me ragged the hired car silly and I am going to get the blame for anything that the garage is driver abuse related.

I happen to be an advanced motorist, and fortunately broke down in the middle of a roundabout on a quiet B road proving I was not in the middle of the motorway ragging it at the point of breakdown.

Not sure if to let it lie, or to contact the regulator, the BVRLA.

The hire firm are operating in a Regus office block office and clearly have no service area facilities like oil, type pressure machines etc on site.
Any views / advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nev

Re: Car hire firm problems

Only hire car that ever failed on me was a Vectra Diesel.
Nasty car.

You should've got them to get you a Brera from Hertz.

wrinx

All very odd, I'd raise some hell with them about this. Copy in your local trading standards, the AA and whoever you think might be interested,...by registered post.

wrinx

AO Platinum Member

County: -

Member car:

RRS TDV8 HSE

What Wrinx Said !!
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

definitely follow this up - best to get a pre-emptive strike in so they know you're not to be messed with in case they fancy trying to blame you for the car's ills

they should take your experience very seriously - they could very well have rented you an unsafe vehicle which i'm sure their insurers would be most interested to hear about

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Way Off Topic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page