The Idiot Family go to the shops - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Way Off Topic Topics in here are quite off topic but do stay within the rules...

(Post Link) post #1 of 24 Old 04-08-06 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Not Happy The Idiot Family go to the shops

So, where do you think The Idiot Family decided would be a good place to have a detailed debate about the logistics of how to get back home from the shops? That's right, motionless, and sprawled across some small but busy steps in Windsor, preventing any one from passing by as they argue over whether Dizzy should go back with them, or back with her friend.

Meanwhile, another Idiot Family have let their off spring out for the day. Excited by the prospect of some harmless shoplifting, the Idiot Offspring ponder what to eat with their gormless mates - a McCra5 or a Burger Cra5? And where did they decide to have their important and complex debate about the relative merits of each company's chips in the context of the special meal deal tokens they've collected? That's right! Motionless, right at the entrance/threshold of WHSmith!

The Idiot family have a dilemma! They are now standing by the newspapers and simply cannot decide between the Daily Star or The Mirror. And what do they do as they squabble over one of the more important consumer decisions they're faced with? That's right! They prevent anyone else from grabbing a paper.

Is it just me, or a people just getting more gormless? "Hmmm, here's a really busy spot. Let's block it."

g
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Re: The Idiot Family go to the shops

Idiots indeed!

People are becoming less and less considerate and I'm not sure I know why.
I always ensure that before stopping or turning round in a shop for example, I check whether my actons will hinder anyones progress. It's not a conscious action, I just do it and it takes no less than 2 seconds.

I blame the parents.
happy man

Are they related to the meat / veg inspectors you see in supermarkets you know the ones that have to inspect every single peice of meat in the fridge before deciding which one to buy

AO Silver Member

Member car:

156 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy man
Are they related to the meat / veg inspectors you see in supermarkets you know the ones that have to inspect every single peice of meat in the fridge before deciding which one to buy
I would check if I were you, I've spotted meat thats only just started to turn (before end of date) in supermarkets before.
Nev

Count yourself lucky.

Here in France they drive the same way
they shop around a supermarket.

i.e. stopping where ever they feel like
and go wondering off...,
stopping to chat 3 abreast,
banging into things,
etc
etc
etc.

Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

What about the one's you've been standing behind in a queue for 10 minutes. It gets to their turn, their one purchase is rung up and they THEN decide to find their purse/wallet

........"now where did I put it? .......I KNOW I've got it here somewhere".

What the f*** did they think was going to happen when their turn came? - that the person behind the till would say...

"You've got a nice face, tell you what, don't get your money out - have this one on me".

Grrr.

Paul.

Last edited by PaulR; 04-08-06 at 13:41. Reason: spelling
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR
What about the one's you've been standing behind in a queue for 10 minutes.

Or popping back to pick-up that must have item they forgot.

Or going back to weigh the produce they forgot to weigh.

Or pushing all your items up the belt, smashing eggs etc
because they haven't worked out that the strange
device advances automatically.....

List goes on.....
[FUME]

AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Member car:

Not an Alfa

It's a bad case of "I'm all right Jack" (with sincere apologies to anyone named Jack). It's endemic, not just shopping, but driving, talking on mobiles, watching a film at the cinema...

There's no sense of consideration or even plain old politeness any more!
mikebrown

brand em i say...brand all fecking meatheads on the forehead with the word ****..that should sort it...

AO Silver Member

are they related to the idiot family who walk through a doorway infront of you then stop either in it or just after it and have a debate as to whether they want to turn left or right, causing you to nearly walk into them

or maybe they are related the idiots who order a drink at a bar in a pub and then stand at the bar once served blocking it so nobody else can get served, this bugs the hell out of me, once you have your drinks ***** OFF OUT THE WAY so the rest of us can get a drink

or maybe they are related to the dickheads who insist on taking their brats pushchairs onto a plane taking up all the locker space, exactly where are they planning to use the pushchair on the plane
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky
or maybe they are related to the dickheads who insist on taking their brats pushchairs onto a plane taking up all the locker space, exactly where are they planning to use the pushchair on the plane

God! Don't get me started!

People who get business class tickets for themselves
and expect everyone else on the flight to look after their
badly behaved spawn whilst they relax in comfort!!

And another thing, for the record. "Two pieces of handluggage"
does not mean: a suitcase, a make-up bag, a laptop, a handbag,
a coat and 3 carrier bags of duty free!!

happy man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald
It's a bad case of "I'm all right Jack" (with sincere apologies to anyone named Jack). It's endemic, not just shopping, but driving, talking on mobiles, watching a film at the cinema...

There's no sense of consideration or even plain old politeness any more!
You said it.
Parking is another one of mine the neighbour has 4 cars all crap
His, the son, the daughter, the wife
can I park outside my house at times can I ****** both my lads had cars when they lived at home and both were told your last on the list for parking spaces. He's a gob Sh1te any way

AO Silver Member

County: -

In another (non-car) forum I post on, they have a thread "The Goddamned Idiots" where people post their experiences with The Idiots, or, sometimes, idiotic behaviour of their own.

May I modestly c&p my offering from today?

Good afternoon. My name is Mr. Idiot...

Checking what films were on today earlier, then I thought, what about the rugby, it's a nice day? So a quick look at (London) Harlequins fixtures, and... result! They're playing Bradford Bulls!

What's the time? Around 1pm. Kick-off at 3. Can I make it? Just, if I leave straightaway. So lube chain, jump on bike and roar off.

After a high-speed trip down the A303 and M3, arrive at The Stoop just in time. In fact, in plenty of time.

The match is next Saturday.

It's a 200 mile round trip.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 155 Q4

We had someone come into work the other day and ask if we fit car covers. He was told we could, but it would make his journey home somewhat tricky. This only served to confuse mt idiot even more. How do these people even make it past their front door every morning?
AO Silver Member

As a species we keep our idiots alive, unlike any other species where it is their own "responsibility" to get grub and shelter. So to bring back evolution to humans and stop the feckers breeding we need to convince the "powers" that removing warning labels from items such as bleach bottles and dry cleaning fluid etc is the way forward. They will naturally seek refreshment and bye bye dump ass

Last edited by mikeruss; 06-08-06 at 22:23.
Ant
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 92

Member car:

2014 Honda CR-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruss
As a species we keep our idiots alive, unlike any other species where it is their own "responsibility" to get grub and shelter. So to bring back evolution to humans and stop the feckers breeding we need to convince the "powers" that removing warning labels from items such as bleach bottles and dry cleaning fluid etc. They will naturally seek refreshment and bye bye dump ass
Cruel, but true...
AO Gold Member

Member car:

1973 Spider 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeruss
As a species we keep our idiots alive, unlike any other species where it is their own "responsibility" to get grub and shelter. So to bring back evolution to humans and stop the feckers breeding we need to convince the "powers" that removing warning labels from items such as bleach bottles and dry cleaning fluid etc is the way forward. They will naturally seek refreshment and bye bye dump ass
Don't forget the mothballs. Apparently the kiddies have started inhaling mothball fumes and sucking on the mothballs themselves in order to get high. I don't know where they even come up with these ideas. Sorry I know this is slightly off topic, but when I heard about this it made my head spin.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/nati...all-sniff.html

As for the general state of idiots, it all comes down to the lack of any social responsibilty and the importance of "me" and "I." Very few people think about how their actions will effect the people around them. Instead everybody is too concerned about their own personal rights to do whatever they please whenever they want, and sadly I don't see these attitudes changing any time soon.
--Toronto
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Spider
Don't forget the mothballs. Apparently the kiddies have started inhaling mothball fumes and sucking on the mothballs themselves in order to get high. I don't know where they even come up with these ideas. Sorry I know this is slightly off topic, but when I heard about this it made my head spin.
http://www.cbc.ca/story/science/nati...all-sniff.html
Seems like a lot of effort to me - how long does it take to catch all those moths and cut their balls off?

Paul.
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto Spider
Don't forget the mothballs. Apparently the kiddies have started inhaling mothball fumes and sucking on the mothballs themselves in order to get high.

Uhh Mothballs are made of Naphthalene which is toxic, right?

And if you wanna get high, gramme for gramme, drugs
are getting cheaper every year.
Why don't these numbs just go and find the local dealer
instead!? (Not that I'm condoning that kind of behaviour.)

AO Member

Member car:

GT JTD

The one I love is the people who totally fail to see me in shops, on the pavement walking through a glass door as they are coming through the other side. They then walk slap bang into me if I don't get out of their way, I've been known in Smiths to have to do Piorettes that would not look out of place in a production of swan lake to avoid some woman walking into me. Its fun though when I don't step out the way at 6'3" and about 20stone its very rare that I'm the one who comes off worse in any collision.
AO Gold Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

2007 Ford Focus!

They must have relatives who when confronted with the ticket barrier on the Underground,never have their ticket to hand.
Nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrud
The one I love is the people who totally fail to see me in shops, on the pavement walking through a glass door as they are coming through the other side. T

Again I think this is just upbringing.

If the parents don't teach them respect
(look were you're going, hold the door open,
etc.)
Then they're not going to pick it up, later in life.
[sigh]

AO Member

We've been out shopping before on a Saturday (Idiots day out it seems!) and Were happily wandering round the shops pushing the little lad in his trolley when Mr Iddiot and his mates walk into the trolley! Now that annoys me. Its like when you walking along on a busy street and the person in front of you stops for no reason!
We've now come up with a new method of shopping the Mrs pushes the trolley and I act as a snow plow clearing the pavement of idiots ahead! Being 6'4" and 20+ stone must idiots see the Ar$e and get out of our way now! We're not walking on the road anymore so Mr + Mrs Idiot can have a discussion about if the Sun or Star has the most pictures in it for them!
GRRRRR

Dennis
166 2.0TS Turismo
156 1.6TS Veloce
AO Platinum Member

Little kids who run about everywhere without any control from their mum and her Chav boyfriend (not necessarily the father)..

I used to leap out of the way, to avoid them running into me (either they'll hurt themselves or they'dheadbutt me in the 'nads) but I've learnt that turning sideways-on makes them run full-pelt into your hip bone (which presumably hurts).

It makes me feel a bit bad.. but life's lessons are rarely painless.

Ralf S.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Way Off Topic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page