The Grand Tour - Official Thread - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Way Off Topic Topics in here are quite off topic but do stay within the rules...

66Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Herefordshire
Oh good!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Gaz
Regional Support North
Is there a meet near you?

County: Lancashire
It’s a belter, and even a little bit teary
David P likes this.

County: Cork
Garage
I enjoyed the Ford documentry & the 17 year highlight roll, so many memorable moments

End of an era

But roll on season 4 of The Grand Tour with more specials
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

159ti 2.4JTDm

I nearly cried myself during those highlights, that just has to be the best job ever!
AO Platinum Member

County: Phnom Penh

Member car:

CRV/Jaaag

I thought the Mongolia trip was absolutely brilliant. Reminiscent of previous big outings like the ones to New Orleans and Bolivia where they gave them the bare bones and let them get on with it.

The last one left me a bit misty eyed. Ford's mid-size saloons are woven into the fabric of society.

When I was 18 my mates all had 950cc Fiestas, I had a MKV Cortina. I was gutted when some ******* nicked it. I proposed to my wife in another MKV Cortina and the first time we went on holiday was in it.

I remember going on holiday to Ireland with wife and kids in my Sierra GLSi and racking up about 1200 miles in a week. The first time my kids came with me on a car buying mission by train was to pick up another Sierra GLSi. I made more money in mileage claims in that one than I paid for it.

We went camping in our Mondeo loads of times. The last, to the lakes where it ****ed down, I had the worst hangover of my life, and at the end of it, I threw my tent in the bin.

TG is similarly intertwined. Elder child and I watched it religiously. Younger child joined us later. The number of times we have laughed out loud are too numerous to count. It has been funny, informative, ambitious and spectacular. It possibly lost its way a bit towards the end of the BBC days but no matter. It has helped foster a love of cars in my kids that will keep the skint for years to come.
Al Faromeo and alfabeat like this.

Auto Express - six issues for a quid. Offer must end soon (and then immediately start up again).

Free poor quality torch/T-cut/I luv my VW Polo sew-on badge
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Office Chair.

As I have been busy holidaying, working and missing important WCOC voting I have only watched the first few minutes, in fact just the Lotus Cortina bit, of which I would love a drive/driven of/in one.

My best pal told me as above, that it's a bit tearful. My first car was a MK3 Cortina (though I wanted a Crapi) because my dad and older brother had them. He'd had his from 1975 so I was five years in with them and already knew them inside out.
He (dad) had a Mk1 estate 1500 Deluxe before it that. I drew that Ford logo all over my school books and had pictures of Capris and Mustangs on my wall. No supercar **** and probably born a bit early for the kit car Countach angular monstrosity.

Looking forward to it. I stopped watching it because I remembered I had not connected my Italian, electricity leaking old ****box in the garage up to the mains. The service guy has cut my end off though so I couldn't. By the time I worked out was was required it was bedtime.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just going.
Statements above are all my own opinion and not fact.
AO Gold Member

County: Kent

Member car:

1993 Alfa 155 Q4

Just caught up on the Mongolia special and the Ford episode. Both brilliant in their own way. I thought the entire series was outstanding. I'll miss the studio style episodes but more specials won't be a bad thing - it is what they do best..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > Way Off Topic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page