Accidentally bought a 916 Spider. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
United Arab Emirates All events and potential meets in UAE

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 10-03-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 2
Accidentally bought a 916 Spider.

So I just bought a 916 Spider a couple of months ago. It had 95,000 kms on the odo, and was in pretty good shape and ran fine, except for a little trouble with selecting the reverse gear.

When I bought this car, I had no idea what I was getting into. It is a beautiful machine, inside out. The looks, the drive, the sound, everything is wonderful. I'm looking forward to bringing this car up to near-mint condition as best as I can. The car has already taught me a lot about automotive engineering and history. This is my first brush with this marque (or anything Italian), and I can safely say I'm nothing short of delighted with the car.

Glad to find there is an active owners club, no matter how small. Would be interesting to meet other people with Alfas, and get advice and help with issues i'm having. Does the club meet regularly? When's the next meeting due? I'm probably gonna be the youngest member (26 years old).
apirzada is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 57,288
I've had two 916 Gtv's loved both of them

You have found the best Forum, enjoy
Happy Man is offline  
kia
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by apirzada View Post
So I just bought a 916 Spider a couple of months ago. It had 95,000 kms on the odo, and was in pretty good shape and ran fine, except for a little trouble with selecting the reverse gear.

When I bought this car, I had no idea what I was getting into. It is a beautiful machine, inside out. The looks, the drive, the sound, everything is wonderful. I'm looking forward to bringing this car up to near-mint condition as best as I can. The car has already taught me a lot about automotive engineering and history. This is my first brush with this marque (or anything Italian), and I can safely say I'm nothing short of delighted with the car.

Glad to find there is an active owners club, no matter how small. Would be interesting to meet other people with Alfas, and get advice and help with issues i'm having. Does the club meet regularly? When's the next meeting due? I'm probably gonna be the youngest member (26 years old).
Hey

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new to Alfas myself and from what I can see there's not been an Alfa meet-up of late. But I'm hoping the organisers will come up with something before the summery months that lie ahead.

I'm pleased with the handling on my 156 2.0 TS but I can't say the same thing about the "sound" it makes I'm thinking of doing something about the stock air filter to see if perhaps that could make a difference.

 
Status: Alfaless
AO Member
 
mossawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 604
We keep saying we all should meet but it doesn't seem to materialise. Who is volunteering to organise a meet?
mossawi is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Pavlos Pavlides's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Cyprus
County: Nicosia
Posts: 893
Welcome to the Alfa adict's club

Well yu are always Welcome to join Cyprus club activities....

First for 2012 is tomorrow....
Pavlos Pavlides is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
almayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: -
Posts: 117
Congratulations! Which kind of Spider? Where do you live? I'm in JBR and have a 2.0 TS Spider Lusso, almost 200k buy amazing car/engine. Let's meet up!
almayer is offline  
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 11-03-12 Thread Starter
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia View Post
Hey

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new to Alfas myself and from what I can see there's not been an Alfa meet-up of late. But I'm hoping the organisers will come up with something before the summery months that lie ahead.

I'm pleased with the handling on my 156 2.0 TS but I can't say the same thing about the "sound" it makes I'm thinking of doing something about the stock air filter to see if perhaps that could make a difference.

Hey, the 156 is a great car. I'd love to own the 156 GTA some day. We should organize a meetup, would love to before the summer starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossawi View Post
We keep saying we all should meet but it doesn't seem to materialise. Who is volunteering to organise a meet?
Let's do one. I'm up for it while the weather's good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almayer View Post
Congratulations! Which kind of Spider? Where do you live? I'm in JBR and have a 2.0 TS Spider Lusso, almost 200k buy amazing car/engine. Let's meet up!
It's a 3.0 V6. Not sure if it's the 24V. It's manufactured in 2001, and has the Lusso package. It had 95k km on the odo when I bought it, done 8,000 kilometers since. I plan on putting the car away for the summer.

I live in Sharjah, and would love to meet up! I work near MoE, so it shouldn't be too difficult meeting up in Jumeirah or something.
apirzada is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > United Arab Emirates

Tags
916 , accidentally , bought , spider

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome