Goodbye 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
United Arab Emirates All events and potential meets in UAE

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 18-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dubayy
Goodbye 156

I finally sold my 2.5 156 after 11 years love affair. Went to the Alfa dealer to get a new 159 Ti but the dealer kept the tradition of being crap by not giving a shoot about my history and refusing to cut me a deal. So went next door and bought a new Passat R36 instead. Sad times.

I am keeping my GTA though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

That is really useless of your dealer and just shows how poor some of them are to their loyal customers. I think my dealer would be ok for giving me a deal but I probably wouldnt be buying another Alfa from them as their service has become so poor that I'd be looking at something else.
(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 19-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

I got every single bill I spent with the dealer from new until the current 225k km. I actually spent as much as the value of the car new in service and maintenance. So not only they lost a new sale, they also lost a loyal customer for their workshop.

The GTA is too dear to part with for me so I guess I will do my annual 2000km service with them still :-)
kia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossawi View Post
I got every single bill I spent with the dealer from new until the current 225k km. I actually spent as much as the value of the car new in service and maintenance. So not only they lost a new sale, they also lost a loyal customer for their workshop.

The GTA is too dear to part with for me so I guess I will do my annual 2000km service with them still :-)
Is their attitude this way only towards Alfa Romeo customers or is it a general thing with Gargash?

(Post Link) post #5 of 13 Old 20-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kia View Post
Is their attitude this way only towards Alfa Romeo customers or is it a general thing with Gargash?
Well to be fair to them. The guys at the workshop are very nice and cooperative. I always get some sort of deal with them. However, as we all know, an Alfa driver is a special breed and that's even more so here in the middle east. There is consideration for that by the sales team and it makes it very hard to justify buying a car for 160+k when the options around are so good.

I got my R36 from VW with 5 years unlimited millage warranty, 3 years service contract, 1 year full insurance all for 150k!!! in this case, German sensibility won over italian passion I'm afraid.
AO Gold Member

County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Unfortunately in Qatar, the 160k Alfa would be worth 100k as soon as you drive it out of the show room as no one here wants to buy them

Good luck with the Passat
AO Member

Member car:

Chev

The same depreciation would apply in Dubai......Mossawi, most would criticise your choice, but given that the new 'Alfa's' have GM powerplants in them, you are excused... :-)

And you kept the GTA, so all's good in Alfaland!
(Post Link) post #8 of 13 Old 22-02-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightblue View Post
The same depreciation would apply in Dubai......Mossawi, most would criticise your choice, but given that the new 'Alfa's' have GM powerplants in them, you are excused... :-)

And you kept the GTA, so all's good in Alfaland!
thats what I thought
AO Member

County: -
I agree with Mohamed, the service guys are really good lately, unfortunately at the dealer you have a bunch of losers that are busy putting ads on Dubizzle rather than trying to really sell cars.
AO Member

County: Abu Zaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by almayer View Post
I agree with Mohamed, the service guys are really good lately, unfortunately at the dealer you have a bunch of losers that are busy putting ads on Dubizzle rather than trying to really sell cars.
tell me about it!

i wanted to trade in my GTA(!?!) and they gave me the runabout. I would think that they would have a few GTA customers standing by at all times.
AO Member

Member car:

Chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackpot View Post
tell me about it!

i wanted to trade in my GTA(!?!) and they gave me the runabout. I would think that they would have a few GTA customers standing by at all times.
I would think that it would only be enthusiasts that would look for them, and if so, they would want something in mint condition, or close to it.

GTA's are generally thunped, as they are designed that way. Also, they cannot gurantee parts availability as it is long discontinued and parts are scarce locally, even for Alfa.

Market conditions dictate that they should stay away from it, and by doing so would offer you less than it's 'worth'.
(Post Link) post #12 of 13 Old 26-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightblue View Post
I would think that it would only be enthusiasts that would look for them, and if so, they would want something in mint condition, or close to it.

GTA's are generally thunped, as they are designed that way. Also, they cannot gurantee parts availability as it is long discontinued and parts are scarce locally, even for Alfa.

Market conditions dictate that they should stay away from it, and by doing so would offer you less than it's 'worth'.
Yes and no. A GTA is a modern classic already and if kept in good condition it would be worth quite a bit. I had quite a few offers for mine which were much higher than what I bought mine around 5 years ago. They key to selling a car that is a little bit exotic is knowing when to buy and when to sell it
kia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossawi View Post
Yes and no. A GTA is a modern classic already and if kept in good condition it would be worth quite a bit. I had quite a few offers for mine which were much higher than what I bought mine around 5 years ago. They key to selling a car that is a little bit exotic is knowing when to buy and when to sell it
I've always wondered why some classics have low mileage on their clocks. They probably have it stored and wait for the right time to sell?
Or perhaps they rig the clocks .hahah

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > United Arab Emirates

Tags
156 , goodbye

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page