Goodbye 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
United Arab Emirates All events and potential meets in UAE

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 18-02-12 Thread Starter
Status: Alfaless
AO Member
 
mossawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 604
Goodbye 156

I finally sold my 2.5 156 after 11 years love affair. Went to the Alfa dealer to get a new 159 Ti but the dealer kept the tradition of being crap by not giving a shoot about my history and refusing to cut me a deal. So went next door and bought a new Passat R36 instead. Sad times.

I am keeping my GTA though.
mossawi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: missing Inverurie
AO Gold Member
 
Pascs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Qatar
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 8,063

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

That is really useless of your dealer and just shows how poor some of them are to their loyal customers. I think my dealer would be ok for giving me a deal but I probably wouldnt be buying another Alfa from them as their service has become so poor that I'd be looking at something else.
Pascs is offline  
(Post Link) post #3 of 13 Old 19-02-12 Thread Starter
Status: Alfaless
AO Member
 
mossawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 604
I got every single bill I spent with the dealer from new until the current 225k km. I actually spent as much as the value of the car new in service and maintenance. So not only they lost a new sale, they also lost a loyal customer for their workshop.

The GTA is too dear to part with for me so I guess I will do my annual 2000km service with them still :-)
mossawi is offline  
kia
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossawi View Post
I got every single bill I spent with the dealer from new until the current 225k km. I actually spent as much as the value of the car new in service and maintenance. So not only they lost a new sale, they also lost a loyal customer for their workshop.

The GTA is too dear to part with for me so I guess I will do my annual 2000km service with them still :-)
Is their attitude this way only towards Alfa Romeo customers or is it a general thing with Gargash?
 
(Post Link) post #5 of 13 Old 20-02-12 Thread Starter
Status: Alfaless
AO Member
 
mossawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia View Post
Is their attitude this way only towards Alfa Romeo customers or is it a general thing with Gargash?
Well to be fair to them. The guys at the workshop are very nice and cooperative. I always get some sort of deal with them. However, as we all know, an Alfa driver is a special breed and that's even more so here in the middle east. There is consideration for that by the sales team and it makes it very hard to justify buying a car for 160+k when the options around are so good.

I got my R36 from VW with 5 years unlimited millage warranty, 3 years service contract, 1 year full insurance all for 150k!!! in this case, German sensibility won over italian passion I'm afraid.
mossawi is offline  
Status: missing Inverurie
AO Gold Member
 
Pascs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Qatar
County: Aberdeenshire
Posts: 8,063

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Unfortunately in Qatar, the 160k Alfa would be worth 100k as soon as you drive it out of the show room as no one here wants to buy them

Good luck with the Passat
Pascs is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 61

Member car:

Chev

The same depreciation would apply in Dubai......Mossawi, most would criticise your choice, but given that the new 'Alfa's' have GM powerplants in them, you are excused... :-)

And you kept the GTA, so all's good in Alfaland!
Moonlightblue is offline  
(Post Link) post #8 of 13 Old 22-02-12 Thread Starter
Status: Alfaless
AO Member
 
mossawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightblue View Post
The same depreciation would apply in Dubai......Mossawi, most would criticise your choice, but given that the new 'Alfa's' have GM powerplants in them, you are excused... :-)

And you kept the GTA, so all's good in Alfaland!
thats what I thought
mossawi is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
almayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: -
Posts: 117
I agree with Mohamed, the service guys are really good lately, unfortunately at the dealer you have a bunch of losers that are busy putting ads on Dubizzle rather than trying to really sell cars.
almayer is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Abu Zaby
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by almayer View Post
I agree with Mohamed, the service guys are really good lately, unfortunately at the dealer you have a bunch of losers that are busy putting ads on Dubizzle rather than trying to really sell cars.
tell me about it!

i wanted to trade in my GTA(!?!) and they gave me the runabout. I would think that they would have a few GTA customers standing by at all times.
krackpot is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 61

Member car:

Chev

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackpot View Post
tell me about it!

i wanted to trade in my GTA(!?!) and they gave me the runabout. I would think that they would have a few GTA customers standing by at all times.
I would think that it would only be enthusiasts that would look for them, and if so, they would want something in mint condition, or close to it.

GTA's are generally thunped, as they are designed that way. Also, they cannot gurantee parts availability as it is long discontinued and parts are scarce locally, even for Alfa.

Market conditions dictate that they should stay away from it, and by doing so would offer you less than it's 'worth'.
Moonlightblue is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 13 Old 26-03-12 Thread Starter
Status: Alfaless
AO Member
 
mossawi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: United Arab Emirates
County: Dubayy
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightblue View Post
I would think that it would only be enthusiasts that would look for them, and if so, they would want something in mint condition, or close to it.

GTA's are generally thunped, as they are designed that way. Also, they cannot gurantee parts availability as it is long discontinued and parts are scarce locally, even for Alfa.

Market conditions dictate that they should stay away from it, and by doing so would offer you less than it's 'worth'.
Yes and no. A GTA is a modern classic already and if kept in good condition it would be worth quite a bit. I had quite a few offers for mine which were much higher than what I bought mine around 5 years ago. They key to selling a car that is a little bit exotic is knowing when to buy and when to sell it
mossawi is offline  
kia
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossawi View Post
Yes and no. A GTA is a modern classic already and if kept in good condition it would be worth quite a bit. I had quite a few offers for mine which were much higher than what I bought mine around 5 years ago. They key to selling a car that is a little bit exotic is knowing when to buy and when to sell it
I've always wondered why some classics have low mileage on their clocks. They probably have it stored and wait for the right time to sell?
Or perhaps they rig the clocks .hahah
 
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > United Arab Emirates

Tags
156 , goodbye

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So how many and where are the GTA's ??? 156GTASW Alfa GTA 608 27-10-11 09:11

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome