Is a 147 up to the job in UAE? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
United Arab Emirates All events and potential meets in UAE

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 17-07-11 Thread Starter

County: Queensland

Member car:

1970 GTV 1750

Is a 147 up to the job in UAE?

Hello All,

It is looking very likely I will be returning to Dubai after having lived there for three years in the late 90's. I currently travel to the UAE a lot for work having just returned a few days back. I have owned a few alfas during my time - including 79 GTV, Alfa 33 and currently a fully restored 70 GTV 1750 - and am thinking that I would like to buy a used 147 for my wife in Dubai.

I have been reading the threads on your forum which have been very helpful. I have a couple of specific 147 questions which I would be most grateful for feedback:

1) Airconditioning:

As I learnt on my first stay in Dubai (and you will all know), the strength of the airconditioning is very important for the summer months. Is the airconditioning system on the 147 strong enough for the UAE. I should add that my wife is not an Alfisti; she thinks they are a nice car but wouldn't be prepared to swelter for 15 minutes in her business clothes waiting for the cabin to cool down, just because it is an alfa. I would be looking at buying an early to mid 2000's model as we are trying to keep expenditure down.

I made the mistake of buying a car with a/c that wasn't up to the grade on my first stay, and had to sell it after less than a month into summer.

2) General Running Costs:

is the 147 otherwise a good model to own over in Dubai? ie parts availability and general running costs.

Thanks in advance for any comments/guidance. MIC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Abu Zaby
1. A/c on the Alfa (I speak for the 156) is decent. It does its job. If you live in the city where there is a lot of stop-go traffic, keep in mind that it will be a lot less effective. I have been in a lot of different cars, and only noticed a slight better performance in Japanese models.

The dual zone climate control in my car is a blessing....i dont have to keep fiddling with the a/c controls.

2. In Dubai you should have no problems with a 147. It is quite a common model, and there are a few garages you can take it to. Cheaper than a bimmer, merc, and wayyy cheaper than the Audi. Even the stealership is getting its prices down.
AO Member

County: Dubayy
i do own one, and gotta say the AC is quite up to the job, it starts cooling down fast enought.

i have mine on sale if you are interested, pretty well maintained and taken care of. i am on the looks for a spider
AO Member

County: Abu Zaby
i have one too..
and for me 147 is quite good.
i bought it few months back and i guess its all worthy to ride on Alfa.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > United Arab Emirates

Tags
147 , job , uae

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page