I just got my 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
United Arab Emirates All events and potential meets in UAE

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 24-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dubayy
I just got my 147

Hey guys,

i just got my 147 2.0 Selespeed, its a joy to drive another alfa yet again, used to own a Classic "Alfasud" .. kinda oldskool

Any way since i just bought this, the car is in almost perfect condition.
I just wanna check up on most of the important stuff .. i did already but maybe i missed somethin ???

Hit me up with a list guys

Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Hey congrats on the new bella,

I used to drive an old sprint as well and never looked back since then. Never owned a 147 but post some pictures dude. Let me know if you need advise or help and we'll keep u in the loop on the next drive.

Cheers
AO Member

County: Vaud
Super stuff. Enjoy.

Followed a lovely 159 3.2V6 in Alfa Red on the SZR yesterday. Driver didnt respond to the Alfa wave and looked pretty upset that his was not the only 3.2 in Alfa red in Dubai!

I live in Mirdif and there was a fellow who lived in Mirdif Hills apartment with a 156 GTA but he has moved as I don't see it. There is a guy with a 3.2 GT in burgundy red which is nice and a lady with a lime green 147 also very close by
AO Member

The red 159 is a Ti that Gargash brought in for the Motorshow. They had it for sale for 225k but they eventually sold it for 195k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 166lover View Post
Super stuff. Enjoy.

Followed a lovely 159 3.2V6 in Alfa Red on the SZR yesterday. Driver didnt respond to the Alfa wave and looked pretty upset that his was not the only 3.2 in Alfa red in Dubai!

I live in Mirdif and there was a fellow who lived in Mirdif Hills apartment with a 156 GTA but he has moved as I don't see it. There is a guy with a 3.2 GT in burgundy red which is nice and a lady with a lime green 147 also very close by
AO Member

County: -
Friday I saw somebody with a black 156 on the road close to Police Academy, going towards Umm Suqeim Rd, I honked but no reaction, car was still on the side of the road, ready to enter in it.
(Post Link) post #6 of 10 Old 30-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hey mossawi, thanks dude,, it would be a pleasure to do a drive anytime, meanwhile a contact for a garage who is professional enough to deal with alfas would be highly appreciated.
AO Member

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk1911 View Post
Hey mossawi, thanks dude,, it would be a pleasure to do a drive anytime, meanwhile a contact for a garage who is professional enough to deal with alfas would be highly appreciated.
Hi Dusk,

In reality you have 2 options here in Dubai. 1- the dealer (gargash) and 2- Al Ahli Garage in Qusais. Hussein who owns it is an ex Alfa mechanic and he can save you $$$. His number is 050 5852304.

Btw, i used to drive an Alfa Sprint 1.7 back in the day. Fantastic car
(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 31-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossawi View Post
Hi Dusk,

In reality you have 2 options here in Dubai. 1- the dealer (gargash) and 2- Al Ahli Garage in Qusais. Hussein who owns it is an ex Alfa mechanic and he can save you $$$. His number is 050 5852304.

Btw, i used to drive an Alfa Sprint 1.7 back in the day. Fantastic car
i wish i did read this before i got bitten by the service today .... anyway does hussein have the spare parts too, or do i have to get them from the stealership ??? BTW mossawi i need ur number bro ..

The sprint is indeed a fantastic car
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk1911 View Post
i wish i did read this before i got bitten by the service today .... anyway does hussein have the spare parts too, or do i have to get them from the stealership ??? BTW mossawi i need ur number bro ..

The sprint is indeed a fantastic car
Hussein has the consumables and lots of breaking spares. Came very handy when i needed a bumper :-)

I'll PM my number to you.

I'm in Cairo now and will be back Thursday
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almayer View Post
Friday I saw somebody with a black 156 on the road close to Police Academy, going towards Umm Suqeim Rd, I honked but no reaction, car was still on the side of the road, ready to enter in it.
Marco, I always flash or wave but usually get nothing back. I think we need a new Alfa wave campaign.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > United Arab Emirates

Tags

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page