Q2 Differentials, Other Tuning Information - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
United Arab Emirates All events and potential meets in UAE

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 16-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: -
Wave Q2 Differentials, Other Tuning Information

Hi fellow Alfisti,

Judging by the PM's and phonecalls i have been receiving, it is apparent that there is substantial interest in Q2 diffs and tuning information, so here goes...

Q2......

Q2 Differentials can be installed at the Abdulla Ahli Garage in Al Qusais, for more details speak to Hussein on 04 267 8586.

Q2 can also be installed by Gargash, the dealers, so please give Gavin the Service Manager a call on 04 340 3333

The parts are available on order from EB Spares, a few of us now have got them installed...

Tuning....

For chipping the cars, the best guy in town in Qasem at MOCA Performance, they are the dealers for Unichip and Unichip Q+ which IMHO are brilliant products...

Qasem tuned my wifes 166 and it has run 50,000km since the job was done with no issues at all... he has a dastek 4WD dyno at the shop....Call Qasem on 050 728 7522

There are other tuners, but i can only speak for those i have tried and tested myself and would be happy to recommend to other Alfisti...

Stephen Manjai
BMW E36 M3 3.0 (1996), Subaru Outback 3.0R (2009), Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV (1968)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Member car:

Maserati GT

Re: Q2 Differentials, Other Tuning Information

Good to hear that Stephen,

It was nice speaking with you this morning also. I will pass by Qassem tomorrow if I get the time.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 16-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turi View Post
Good to hear that Stephen,

It was nice speaking with you this morning also. I will pass by Qassem tomorrow if I get the time.
Yeah Rashid, was really nice chatting to you. Anyway i can help you man, it will be an absolute pleasure..

p.s. Speak to Abdooli also. From our discussions he sent his ECU to Autodelta, who did some work on it, increased the rev limits to 7600RPM, then Qasem did the fine tuning on this side on the dyno, and Abdooli had the older unichip Q cos he did this ages ago before the mQ+ unit was released onto the market... I think Qasem still has the dyno figures on his computer, but if i remember right the car had about 25HP more...Abdooli also had the Autodelta Carbon Intake..

..and i drove his GTA... it was no joke...... first and second were just ridiculous...faster than mine anyday...
AO Member

County: Dubayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Manjai View Post
For chipping the cars, the best guy in town in Qasem at MOCA Performance, they are the dealers for Unichip and Unichip Q+ which IMHO are brilliant products...

Qasem tuned my wifes 166 and it has run 50,000km since the job was done with no issues at all... he has a dastek 4WD dyno at the shop....Call Qasem on 050 728 7522

There are other tuners, but i can only speak for those i have tried and tested myself and would be happy to recommend to other Alfisti...
hey Stevo,

I've been meaning to ask you about the Dyno tuning. Do you guys want to do a group tune up day at this place? I need to get my cambelts done before that though
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 17-03-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossawi View Post
hey Stevo,

I've been meaning to ask you about the Dyno tuning. Do you guys want to do a group tune up day at this place? I need to get my cambelts done before that though
Cool idea Mo...

I would also like to chip my GTA, but i need to service the injectors first and sort out the intake manifold... i was looking at the ASSO pipe like the one Kamran has in his 2.5... it's a nice bit of kit, otherwise the autodelta one... like Abdooli had in his GTA..

What would be cool is a dyno day, where guys can come in and have their cars dynoed all in a day's work... this is quick...

tying down the car will take like + the run should take 10 mins max.., then at the end of the day we can post all rankings/results on AO...

What do you think...

In the meantime, i will call Qasem and ask him how much he would be willing to charge per car for the day... i know the usual fee is AED 500, per run... but sure we can work something out...

County: Abu Zaby

Member car:

lexus GS 430

how much would it cost to chip a car? and how much power would you expect to get out of the 3.2 V6 engine in a brera if chipped?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > International Lounges > World Alfa Clubs, Communities & Events > United Arab Emirates

Tags
differentials , information , tuning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page