Japanese Short Shifter Kits - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 30-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Troms
Garage
Japanese Short Shifter Kits

I found some short shifter kits in japan, made in japan, only sold in japan.
once i traced the parts number i found kits for most fiat era cars. i decided to buy some to share to the community just in case they ran out or discontinued the kits. Now is your chance to buy something very few people have seen outside of Japan.

Kits are 40-50% shorter throw and pretty easy instructions even with kanji instruction the picture does justice on what to do.
Pictures what is inside the boxes + instructions: Imgur: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The money goes back into my car, im taking a 2300+ mile euro tour from Norway to the UK stopping by Germany and the Netherlands and perhaps a lot more. Doing a Cam upgrade + belts + big brake upgrade.

1 left: 155 V6 and GTV TB: 200 quid

2 left 156/TS/JTS/V6/GTA: 200 quid

1 left 145TS/155TS/GTV TS and Spider TS: 200 quid

i can send it no problem 30 quid recorded or 10 quid not recorded, all done with the forums classified section if you wish.

Any questions please ask away, i dont have much more info then what has been written here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieNillie View Post
I found some short shifter kits in japan, made in japan, only sold in japan.
once i traced the parts number i found kits for most fiat era cars. i decided to buy some to share to the community just in case they ran out or discontinued the kits. Now is your chance to buy something very few people have seen outside of Japan.

Kits are 40-50% shorter throw and pretty easy instructions even with kanji instruction the picture does justice on what to do.
Pictures what is inside the boxes + instructions: Imgur: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The money goes back into my car, im taking a 2300+ mile euro tour from Norway to the UK stopping by Germany and the Netherlands and perhaps a lot more. Doing a Cam upgrade + belts + big brake upgrade.

1 left: 155 V6 and GTV TB: 200 quid

2 left 156/TS/JTS/V6/GTA: 200 quid

1 left 145TS/155TS/GTV TS and Spider TS: 200 quid

i can send it no problem 30 quid recorded or 10 quid not recorded, all done with the forums classified section if you wish.

Any questions please ask away, i dont have much more info then what has been written here.
I was really interested until I saw the price, 200 quid !??
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 02-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
Your right the value is wrong for each item, but the total value is the same.
The correct value In japan is:
185 for 156: 25 000 yen
160 for 145TS/155TS/GTV TS and Spider TS: 22 000 yen
90 for 155 V6 And GTV TB: 12 000 yen

Then add the shipping and the tax.

240 for 156:
210 for 145TS/155TS/GTV TS and Spider TS:
125 for 155 V6 And GTV TB:

if you want this price, im fine with that. that is the correct price. im just trying to be fair towards every alfa model.
Atleast that was my thinking, perhaps it is not fair towards every alfa model.

Average is 200-205 for each item.

So you tell me how much you would pay for a item that you have never seen which is not sold on this half of the earth and no product today can do 40-50% reduction in throw. cause im not making any money off of this.

For me personally, i have no issue with the amount of money of this item, especially considering the god awful manual transmission we all got in this era of alfas. It may be because japan and norway have similar pricing on things, being very expensive to other countries puts people off quite a bit.

Last edited by WillieNillie; 02-07-16 at 09:35.
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieNillie View Post
Your right the value is wrong for each item, but the total value is the same.
The correct value In japan is:
185 for 156: 25 000 yen
160 for 145TS/155TS/GTV TS and Spider TS: 22 000 yen
90 for 155 V6 And GTV TB: 12 000 yen

Then add the shipping and the tax.

240 for 156:
210 for 145TS/155TS/GTV TS and Spider TS:
125 for 155 V6 And GTV TB:

if you want this price, im fine with that. that is the correct price. im just trying to be fair towards every alfa model.
Atleast that was my thinking, perhaps it is not fair towards every alfa model.

Average is 200-205 for each item.

So you tell me how much you would pay for a item that you have never seen which is not sold on this half of the earth and no product today can do 40-50% reduction in throw. cause im not making any money off of this.

For me personally, i have no issue with the amount of money of this item, especially considering the god awful manual transmission we all got in this era of alfas. It may be because japan and norway have similar pricing on things, being very expensive to other countries puts people off quite a bit.
I wasnt having a go at you, stuff from Japan is usually expensive, the kit looks great. But to me 200 GBP for for a few bolts, a couple of plastic mouldings and a couple of metal brackets is way too much, theres an Mtec short shift kit available (I know it doesnt reduce the shift by as much) for 100 GBP and I think thats way overpriced as well.

Last edited by typos1; 02-07-16 at 10:15.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 02-07-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Garage
No i know, i understand. but those mtec kits are now gone for the TS, they will arrive later this year probably and its only for the V6 at the time.
Japan does not make anything for the V6 so these are the only option outside of those.
The kits are probably 1/3rd of the price to make im sure, but thats the world we live in. and the value of these kits will never fall as you will be one of the very few in the world outside of japan to have one of these. so resale value is high

if i could pay 200 to fix the gear box problems of these cars, i would happily do it for the car of my dreams. thats my mindset

Last edited by WillieNillie; 03-07-16 at 15:24.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
japanese , kits , shifter , short

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page