Gt v6 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 12 Old 24-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Gt 3.2 v6 05

Gt v6

Have an 05 v6 which i love but really tempted by quaiffe diff and a wizard setup. Anyone bit the bullet and has some advice and opinions on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Yes - I have put in a Q2 (it is 6-of-one vs 1/2-dozen compared to Quaiffe) It is a handling performance upgrade AND insurance policy that the OEM diff does not explode and leave gaping wounds in your gearbox casing (that could end up costing a new gearbox). It is even resell-able if something else breaks.

AS for Wizard Exhaust - They are beautiful in sound, small BHP performance increase and some aesthetics. Truthfully do it when you OEM pipe rusts through...
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

GT 3.2

Yes to both

The quaife LSD is transformative and eliminates a lot of the weak points with the standard car. You can literally floor it around a corner (maybe not tight ones...or in the wet) and the car just gets sucked round. Wheelspin is reduced as well when pulling away, and it'll never explode like the standard one. If you want to spend money this is the best mod for sure.

The Wizard is wonderful... it's loud and raspy and sounds incredible at high rpm. I posted a thread on it a while back with a video. (https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...iew-video.html)
That said I'm thinking of swapping it for something else for a change... so mine might be for sale soon.
(Post Link) post #4 of 12 Old 25-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Gt 3.2 v6 05

Yeah i reckon ive got 6 months left on my back box so if i have to soend the money it may aswell be the wizard so if yours does come up for sale id definitely be up for taking it off your hands. Either of you dealt with autolusso, they seem by far the cheapest for the diff as the guy i use (go italia) said he just honestly cant match their price
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Yup Autolusso the cheapest and best service
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2

Yea they fitted my diff and a replacement gearbox (the diff didn't blow, the box was just knackered haha), and the service and quality of work it top notch. It's worth the trip. They'll loan you a motor as well if you're having anything major done.
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2

Hey danny I can't PM you because of your low post count but if you want to chat about the exhaust feel free to drop me an email on [email protected] o t m a i l.co.uk (with no spaces)
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 3.2GT V6

Got the wizard and need the diff...

Just hope mine holds out until next year.

Wizard is great and really makes the car feel special. Yes it's great when tanking it but it's also really nice on a light throttle just letting the revs rise around town. You can regulate the volume with your right foot and revs unlike most aftermarket exhausts which seem to be loud all the time. I would actually like mine to be a little louder at times a bit more like it is when the engines cold.

Anyway you should either get both or get the diff 1st unlike me!

3.2GT V6 - Gabbiano Blue - Jetfins - M-Tec Shortshifter - Wizard Cat Back - Rest standard
AO Member

Member car:

GT 3.2

It does sound even better when it's cold doesn't it? It's so fruity. Maybe a decat section would open it up a bit more?
(Post Link) post #10 of 12 Old 26-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Gt 3.2 v6 05

Yeah im so tempted by both! I would be doing it sooner had some *******s not stolen all my tools in the week! Ill drop you an email tomorrow about your wizard!!
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
I have quaife, wizard manifolds and wizard cat back. Yes it is an amazing set up.

The quaife is as everyone describes, I didn't own the car long enough to appreciate how much diff (!) it makes but feels better imo.

The wizard cat back sounds lovely, with the manifolds the sound is immense but VERY loud. (Think touring car). Be careful if you are thinking of fitting a wizard cat back with a decat or unsilenced centre- you may find it is too loud for neighbours or passengers. Me, I don't care it sounds bloody brilliant blasting up the gears.

156 2.5 V6- awaiting suspension and brake upgrades!!
GT 3.2 wizard cat back, wizard manifolds, full head rebuild, quaife, KW coilovers, full respray
(Post Link) post #12 of 12 Old 26-05-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Gt 3.2 v6 05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmerydolmeo View Post
I have quaife, wizard manifolds and wizard cat back. Yes it is an amazing set up.

The quaife is as everyone describes, I didn't own the car long enough to appreciate how much diff (!) it makes but feels better imo.

The wizard cat back sounds lovely, with the manifolds the sound is immense but VERY loud. (Think touring car). Be careful if you are thinking of fitting a wizard cat back with a decat or unsilenced centre- you may find it is too loud for neighbours or passengers. Me, I don't care it sounds bloody brilliant blasting up the gears.
Personally i have a screw the neighbours attitude. There is 2 v6 tts and a tuned mini in my close so the neighbours are hating life anyway!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page