Wide Band Sensors - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 09-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
Wide Band Sensors

Hi All

Fingers crossed if needed (your advice needed there) Wide Band o2 Sensors will be my last big buy. I have never used or know if i will need them but if i do how many sensors would i need (example being cf3 do i need to replace all 4 or just the front 2).
And would the kit below be ok for my needs if any.

1st i will list all engine upgrades
3.0 v6 24v
turbo (8psi) forge wastegate regulator and dump valve
Injectors [email protected] [email protected]
Fuel regulator controlling fuel pressure
fuel pump with adjustable voltage converter (to control pressure)
F430 throttle body
Enlarged Plenum
Single jet Computer controlled nitrous system (connects to injectors and o2 sensors for mixture etc)
Newmans Fast Road Cam profile
cf2 De-cat down pipes into 1 cat then into Raggazon stainless exhaust with center box removed.
Gas flowed
Compression reduced to about 9:1
Large Abarth alloy intercooler with custom larger in and out ports
Ecu hybrid bosch 0261 207 597 Angel remap (will be remapped after all is finished) maybe even an after market ecu

I think thats all the engine side ive done so far

Here is wide band im thinking of with extra sensors what ever is needed

Zeitronix Zt-3 & ZR-1 AFR Gauge (RED) - EFI-Parts.co.uk: Connectors, Sensors, Trigger wheels, Wideband, Adaptronic, Zeitronix, AEM

Thanks in advance for any advice

All spares parts for 156 and 147 being sold that i will not be using (cheap) nothing too small ask what you want , willing to post world wide Phone 07922123242 Ask for Neil and say Mark said to phone .

Download link for Alfa 156's http://www.filedropper.com/alfaelearn

Last edited by mirlock; 09-03-16 at 20:42.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Hi Mirlock, yes I use the Zeitronix in my racer - the guy who tuned my (aftermarket) ECU at 1st used his own AFR, then saw the Zeitronix gave the same readings as his, he carried on with the Zeitronix...

The nice thing about it is it can emulate a narrowband lambda for other ECU's, while it gives you the wideband readout .
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 10-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
Hi Mirlock, yes I use the Zeitronix in my racer - the guy who tuned my (aftermarket) ECU at 1st used his own AFR, then saw the Zeitronix gave the same readings as his, he carried on with the Zeitronix...

The nice thing about it is it can emulate a narrowband lambda for other ECU's, while it gives you the wideband readout .
Nice 1 i shall aim for them then. How many sensors will i need do i need to replace all 4 or the front 2 or just 1 ?

Thx
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlock View Post
Nice 1 i shall aim for them then. How many sensors will i need do i need to replace all 4 or the front 2 or just 1 ?

Thx
Hypothetically you should replace all 4, but that would be seriously costly. The ECU will detect if the heating circuit of the lambda's are not present and then throw errors.

The question is what is your reasoning behind wanting to go wideband lambda if you might keep the standard ECU, then you might as well keep the standard narrowband lambda's.

If you just want a AFR readout in-car - then I'd suggest weld in a new bung where the exhausts are all at 1 - that you get an otherall AFR.
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 10-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Hypothetically you should replace all 4, but that would be seriously costly. The ECU will detect if the heating circuit of the lambda's are not present and then throw errors.

The question is what is your reasoning behind wanting to go wideband lambda if you might keep the standard ECU, then you might as well keep the standard narrowband lambda's.

If you just want a AFR readout in-car - then I'd suggest weld in a new bung where the exhausts are all at 1 - that you get an otherall AFR.
Ah i see what you mean. so its not something i really need at this stage for fuel mixtures its more of a luxury ..

In that case just the 1 sensor kit will do but can wait.

i think im just looking for things to aid the ecu as im worried about how capable it will be with all the upgrades although i think the nitrous ecu will aid with the mixture but untill its all set up im unsure what it will do.

So i guess i best get it all put together put it back in the car and see how it goes, you never know it may run all fine and no need for any thing else beside the remap.

Again thank you for the advice Gertie if i ever come to SA i will owe you a beer
AO Silver Member

Garage
I would add the AFR for the same reason to add an EGT - when you go with the turbo. They will combined give good indication if something goes wrong... If the EGT goes up and the AFR also go up (running lean) you know there is a fueling problem... and then time to back off.... You could do that with EGT alone at full throttle... The AFR will give good indication of something wrong at smaller throttle.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 10-03-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
I would add the AFR for the same reason to add an EGT - when you go with the turbo. They will combined give good indication if something goes wrong... If the EGT goes up and the AFR also go up (running lean) you know there is a fueling problem... and then time to back off.... You could do that with EGT alone at full throttle... The AFR will give good indication of something wrong at smaller throttle.
Thank You Gertie thats all clear now , Having 1 makes sense now at least i will have a an idea on what the engine is doing.

Peace of mind

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
band , sensors , wide

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page