Remapping - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 06-02-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Remapping

I posted this in a different feed earlier & was told to pop it up in here, can anyone offer me some advice

Morning all, I know the purists among you will probably scream from the high heavens not to even think about doing something so stupid to a wonderful Alfa, however I would like to put it out there to see if anyone has had it done as I am toying with the idea of getting my 159, 2.4, remapped, I did it to my previous car, a Honda Civic 2.2 & the results were outstanding but seeing as the Alfas can be somewhat temperamental I'm wondering whether it will take properly or my lovely Alfa will go like stink for a few days then hold its hands up & say "nope, don't like it, I'm not playing anymore!" & crawl to a stop to lay limp by the side of the road. So what do we reckon? Any help would be much appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: wales

Member car:

spider

Toying with doing this to my spider too, so would be interested to see the general opinion!
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
I think general consensus would probably be to go for it, that would certainly be my view. There's a fair few firms who do it and I think the search will probably yield some names.

For me, I had my 159 ti 2.0 JTDM remapped by Quantum Tuning a couple of years ago and wished I'd done it much sooner. Car goes so much better and if I go steady, better economy.

I think the gearbox on the 2.4 is the stronger version so I'm guessing you'll be fine. Plenty of 2.4 owners have done there's so much so you'd think it were mandatory!!
AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Get it done with EGR and DPF removal. My wife's 159 2.4 200 (note turbo difference between 200 and 210) is a transformed car. It was mapped at 9,000 miles and still loving it at 54,000 miles. Plenty of high milers also mapped without ill effect.

The 2.4 also has a very strong gearbox so no worries there.

If you want ultimate mental power seek out the thread by JBSmith.
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
Anyone have any experience of remapping GT 3.2's? When I get mine back from its open engine surgery, clutch, quaife, cam belt radiator, lower arms, air hose, wizard manifolds etc I'm going to get mine chipped.

County: -
What are you trying to gain from the remap as if we didn't know that answer BUT remapping is far more advantageous if you have applied a modification/modifications that somehow have altered the engine....... ie a new straight through exhaust would be better with a remap.

DO NOT get a generic remap ie plug n go stuff go to somebody that is reputable that will map your car specifically to your engine.

Generics use a set parameter that are not always healthy for your engine in particular.... Again this is my experience
AO Member

County: Sachsen

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

Just go for it, my 1.9 8v got mapped at 140k and was still pulling stronv at 280k,
My 1.9 twinturbo got mapped (by some forum member) and is still pulling like furious at now 207k..... these engines are realy strong.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanflu View Post
What are you trying to gain from the remap as if we didn't know that answer BUT remapping is far more advantageous if you have applied a modification/modifications that somehow have altered the engine....... ie a new straight through exhaust would be better with a remap.

DO NOT get a generic remap ie plug n go stuff go to somebody that is reputable that will map your car specifically to your engine.

Generics use a set parameter that are not always healthy for your engine in particular.... Again this is my experience
Maximum bhp following top end rebuild with cat less manifolds. Will have new clutch/quaife to help put the power down. No other mods atm as have been advised not easy to get more power out of the 3.2 v6.

Has anyone remapped their v6?
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Sheep View Post
Just go for it, my 1.9 8v got mapped at 140k and was still pulling stronv at 280k,
My 1.9 twinturbo got mapped (by some forum member) and is still pulling like furious at now 207k..... these engines are realy strong.
What figures did you get for your twin turbo blacksheep ?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
remapping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page