2.0 JTS tuning eBay manifold eBay. anybody tried? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 19 Old 01-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

2.0 JTS tuning manifold eBay. anybody tried?

Hi there.

As my cat failed I am thinking about using the situation to install a tuning header on the 2.0 jts
Anybody tried the ones from eBay for around 150 GBP?
Seem to be all the same ones. no matter which seller.

Thank you .

Last edited by Simichi; 03-02-16 at 08:56.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Put the link here for better reference
(Post Link) post #3 of 19 Old 03-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Okay thanks for the advice. Didn't know that this is allowed.

ALFA ROMEO 156 2.0 JTS 97-06 STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST DECAT DE CAT 4-2-1 MANIFOLD | eBay

Normally I would try it as I could return it in case It won't fit.
But I as I order it to Germany I don't know about the difficulties of the shipment and it would be nice to have to no need to return it.

Thank you
AO Silver Member

Garage
That does look very good ideed. I think it will should work well

You may reference adds on the forum as long as you are asking advice and not pushing a sale
AO Member

County: Copenhagen
Garage
Note: THIS ITEM WILL NOT FIT IF YOU HAVE AIRCON FITTED
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtenberg View Post
Note: THIS ITEM WILL NOT FIT IF YOU HAVE AIRCON FITTED
That is interesting it looks very similar to the early decat 2.0 TS manifold that does allow for the AIRCON...
(Post Link) post #7 of 19 Old 04-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi again

yes I also read the information about the aircon.
But there are several headers on eBay with almost the same look and nearly the same price, so I think they are also the same product. (never saw a hint of the manufacture)
And this shop is the only shop that had the information about the aircon. There is also written ' this item is sold as a direct fit' . But this probably mainly refers to the missing cat and lambda issue.

I have looked into my engine bay and in my opinion there is still much space from the header pipe of cylinder 1 to the aircon. I would be really surprised if the eBay header is so (badly) designed that it does not use this space.

The thing I like most at this header and what I think is the biggest advantage of it compared the supersprint one ( apart from the really nice price) is that this header will keep the original flex pipe. The supersprint header replaces it, which is not and ideal solution for a daily driver.

But I will still wait for someone having installed it eBay says there are already 26 ones sold, so maybe one in this forum.
If I won't notice a gain in torque, power and response I will buy a used original header although this looks quite restrictive.

Tank you
AO Silver Member

Garage
Maybe contact them and ask them why they say it does not work with the Aircon? It does not seem logical from my viewpoint
(Post Link) post #9 of 19 Old 04-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
Maybe contact them and ask them why they say it does not work with the Aircon? It does not seem logical from my viewpoint
I will do so.
as far as I read, you seem to have much knowledge about the ts engines.
Apart from details concerning this specific header, could you tell me if I can expect any (noticeable) gains from an catless header on my Jts (assumed to be very similar to 2.0ts) in general?.
Also regarding the price. Would you recommend having one installed in my situation?
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Where would you mount the 4 lambda sensors that are fitted in the original JTS manifold? This manifold looks like it only has two bosses. What would you do about the ECU errors that running without the cats will cause?
Club Member
Membro Premio

The header is very close to the A/C compressor on the 2.0 JTS. You actually have to remove the A/C compressor to fit a standard replacement manifold. To me this looks like a product for a Twinspark, and maybe only for Twinspark models without A/C.
(Post Link) post #12 of 19 Old 06-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Think the two Lamdaholes are for the 2 first wideband lambdas.I'll buy a 200 Cell car and I will place it instead of the pre silencer. After the I cat I will place one of the originals lambdas with a Y-split of the signal line in the plug of the other Lambda. On the other lambda I will cut the signal line. So the one lambda is emulating the signal for the other. To prevent a fault about the lambda heating I will place the "disconnected" lambda somewhere in the engine bay.
I am already doing that as one of my cats broke and just went of through the exhaust. Only difference the disconnected lambda is still in its original place. works fine for almost 2 years, no error and already passed the Mot, which relies only the the OBD reading Lambda values from cars built after 2006.
(Post Link) post #13 of 19 Old 06-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
The header is very close to the A/C compressor on the 2.0 JTS. You actually have to remove the A/C compressor to fit a standard replacement manifold. To me this looks like a product for a Twinspark, and maybe only for Twinspark models without A/C.
I think t is not made for twinspark engines.
You see it on the position where the manifold ends. It ends just before the flex pipe. On the Jts engines the flex pipe is a short separate part between the manifold and the pre silencer.
On Ts engines the flex pipe is integrated into the 2 to 1 hose ( either with or without cats). They also have a third cat instead of the pre silencer.
The position where the flex ends and connects to silencer/aftercat is always the same. But the flex pipe is only on jTs engines a separate part with a flange before and behind.
Although i must admit I only know Ts engines from the 156 and 147.
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa 166

Think someone fitted one to a TS without too much issue.
It wasn't a direct fit and they had to weld some parts like the flex onto it also the lambda's.

But they got it to work quite nicely.

Personally on a TS I'd opt for the early catless version.
On a JTS well I guess you can be the tester...
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset
Quote:
Where would you mount the 4 lambda sensors that are fitted in the original JTS manifold? This manifold looks like it only has two bosses. What would you do about the ECU errors that running without the cats will cause?
Slightly related; will the wizard manifolds throw up any errors in my GT, being catless?
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyf View Post
Personally on a TS I'd opt for the early catless version.
Is my 199 1.8 TS catless?
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmerydolmeo View Post
Slightly related; will the wizard manifolds throw up any errors in my GT, being catless?
Usually they don't. As you still have the secondary cats installed between the first lambda sensor and the second lambda sensor. However they sometimes do, it really depends how your ECU adjusts to the changes. Worst case you can get the errors switched off when you get it remapped. But more often than not it'll be fine with no errors.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Usually they don't. As you still have the secondary cats installed between the first lambda sensor and the second lambda sensor. However they sometimes do, it really depends how your ECU adjusts to the changes. Worst case you can get the errors switched off when you get it remapped. But more often than not it'll be fine with no errors.
Ah I see. Out of interest where is the best place for me to get a remap? And how much does it cost?
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmerydolmeo View Post
Ah I see. Out of interest where is the best place for me to get a remap? And how much does it cost?
You'll get a good result at Autolusso in Bedfordshire. They have done loads of GTs and GTAs with this setup now.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
ebay , jts , manifold , tuning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page