remapping jtdm 1.9 16v - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

1Likes
  • 1 Post By BobanR

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 29-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Kildare
Chilling remapping jtdm 1.9 16v

Hi guys! so there is a thread,my jtdm 16v GT remapped to around 190bhp with K&N filter and second cat replaced with free flow,back box replaced with custom pipe but without silencer,sound like an animal on higher revs,also will deflap intake manifold,so the question is
Do i have to remap engine again after all that?
What happens if i will replace first cat with freeflow downpipe?So its will be no backpressure for gases or i will need a resonator instead second cat( now its free flow pipe)

Last edited by Dmitrijs; 09-09-17 at 09:32.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa Romeo155 V6

Deflap intake manifold= check engine light up, safe mode
Downpipe= You ll get overboost
AO Silver Member

Deflap will not cause safe mode. As long as servo motor stays connected to the engine wiring loom.

Downpipe remove will need some adjustment of VNT, to reduce overboost.
(Post Link) post #4 of 15 Old 30-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribesMan View Post
Deflap will not cause safe mode. As long as servo motor stays connected to the engine wiring loom.

Downpipe remove will need some adjustment of VNT, to reduce overboost.
what is mean vnm?
(Post Link) post #5 of 15 Old 30-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitrijs View Post
what is mean vnm?
vnt?
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
Variable Nozzle turbocharger, the pressure regulation in the turbo if it's not wastegated.
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

1.9CDTI 16v

With a standard turbo you may see higher overboost spikes because of the turbo spinning up quicker but mapping can sort that. If the remap you have does not demand more than standard boost then it should not be a big issue but if they cranked up the boost then it could go very high.

As stated above, the swirl valve actuator is a stepper motor with internal positional feed back, so as long as it is connected electrically and free to move it will give acceptable feedback to the ecu. There is no need for the actuator to be attacked in anyway other than the electrical plug, mine is ty-wrapped at the back of the engine bay for easy access if it fails. There is no monitoring of gas flow by the ecu with reference to the swirl valves, only the egr because the egr and swirl valves are the same system.
(Post Link) post #8 of 15 Old 31-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutron View Post
With a standard turbo you may see higher overboost spikes because of the turbo spinning up quicker but mapping can sort that. If the remap you have does not demand more than standard boost then it should not be a big issue but if they cranked up the boost then it could go very high.

As stated above, the swirl valve actuator is a stepper motor with internal positional feed back, so as long as it is connected electrically and free to move it will give acceptable feedback to the ecu. There is no need for the actuator to be attacked in anyway other than the electrical plug, mine is ty-wrapped at the back of the engine bay for easy access if it fails. There is no monitoring of gas flow by the ecu with reference to the swirl valves, only the egr because the egr and swirl valves are the same system.
egr and swirls same system? so if my egr disabled from ecu and swirls now not operating as well?so just blank them is the best way?
(Post Link) post #9 of 15 Old 31-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

thanks guys for a help! so i will try to fit downpipe after deflapping intake manifold,if it will overboost,i will do another remap after all mods will be installed,so deflap,then downpipe,then FMIC and remap!
AO COTY Winner 2017
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2393

Member car:

Brera 2.4 8C Red

I have tried few 1.9 cars that have had swirl flaps removed, and all of those felt inert in low revs. On the other hand, all of those were with stock components and without re-map.
Also, may i suggest opening one modding thread for your car, instead of starting new one for every question you may have? If I'm not mistaken, you do plan quite few modifications on your GT, and keeping it in one thread will benefit everyone.
Dmitrijs likes this.
(Post Link) post #11 of 15 Old 31-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobanR View Post
I have tried few 1.9 cars that have had swirl flaps removed, and all of those felt inert in low revs. On the other hand, all of those were with stock components and without re-map.
Also, may i suggest opening one modding thread for your car, instead of starting new one for every question you may have? If I'm not mistaken, you do plan quite few modifications on your GT, and keeping it in one thread will benefit everyone.
yes few mods will be done in next few weeks mate,so recently engine was safely remapped to around 190bhp and egr was off and blanked same time,second cat replaced with free flow,k&n filter and no back box silencer! i know first precat is a main restrictor for a flow gases from the turbo,so if i will replace precat with downpipe will it cause turbo overboost or not?! i know every jtdm has a custom map after the ecu reading,so my so far work strong and no any issues at all.
AO Member

Member car:

1.9CDTI 16v

The swirl actuator has a seperate control table, it will not be disabled by EGR disabling. The systems are designed to work together, without the EGR you would not have swirl valves. There are papers out there from car manufacturers describing the purpose of the swirl valves.
(Post Link) post #13 of 15 Old 04-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
The swirl actuator has a seperate control table, it will not be disabled by EGR disabling. The systems are designed to work together, without the EGR you would not have swirl valves. There are papers out there from car manufacturers describing the purpose of the swirl valves.
maybe its a better solution to buy deflapped manifold? i think because of EGR- my one will be very dirty???
AO Member

Member car:

1.9CDTI 16v

I agree
(Post Link) post #15 of 15 Old 05-02-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I agree
any trusted webshops where i can get deflapped mani?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
16v , jtdm , remapping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page