Extra Upgrades - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mirlock

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 26-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
Extra Upgrades

Hi All

Since im going the full 9 yards and fitted all i can.
Would it be possible for someone to mention and explain Nos type injection.
Is its water methanol injection or something , or just anything i can add

Ive just bought bigger injectors (330cc at 3bar) and a uprated fuel pump with an adjustable fuel regulator with increases fuel pressure as the turbo spools up (petrol 3.0)

i was looking at a small nitrous injection kit but if there is something else i can do im all ears.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 7 Old 27-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

since i got 78% off a black friday nitrous oxide kit and had to buy it i guess there wont be much else i can do for upgrades
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Both Water/Meth and Nitrous Oxide are sprayed into the airflow just before the intake.

Water/Meth benefits are added charge cooling and detonation suppression. That way you can add more boost and timing advance safely and thus increase power.

Nitrous Oxide benefits are added oxygen that means you can add fuel to increase power. Secondary benefit is it goes from liquid to gaseous state as it sprays and cools down the intake temp dramatically - perfect to combine with turbo for huge

In essence Water/Meth adds safety margin - so that you can add power , Nitrous Oxide adds power, but takes away safety margin.
You've already bought the NoS kit, so now the question how to best use it in a turbo environment - I'd say your biggest bang / buck / safety balance would be a very small shot that the biggest advantage is the air cooling effect of the high pressure spray.

Your ECU must then be setup to make use of a wideband lambda preferably as the nitrous shot alters AFR quickly and dramatically and the ECU must react quickly and dramatically to fuel accordingly
(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 01-12-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
Both Water/Meth and Nitrous Oxide are sprayed into the airflow just before the intake.

Water/Meth benefits are added charge cooling and detonation suppression. That way you can add more boost and timing advance safely and thus increase power.

Nitrous Oxide benefits are added oxygen that means you can add fuel to increase power. Secondary benefit is it goes from liquid to gaseous state as it sprays and cools down the intake temp dramatically - perfect to combine with turbo for huge

In essence Water/Meth adds safety margin - so that you can add power , Nitrous Oxide adds power, but takes away safety margin.
You've already bought the NoS kit, so now the question how to best use it in a turbo environment - I'd say your biggest bang / buck / safety balance would be a very small shot that the biggest advantage is the air cooling effect of the high pressure spray.

Your ECU must then be setup to make use of a wideband lambda preferably as the nitrous shot alters AFR quickly and dramatically and the ECU must react quickly and dramatically to fuel accordingly
Thx for reply Gertie good advice as normal.

There is lots to think about while adding all these mods(although the Nos is only a once in a while use item for straight line runs a few times a year ). this is why i was asking about a after market ecu , As i have friends in the drag and race scene who can dyno remap but cant remap an alfa ecu.
if i save and get one of the guys to remap my stock ecu the week after i could need it done again due to changes that may happen. and if i have a aftermarket ecu i can get it done when ever i need.
Im guessing the cost of a new ecu wont be to far off a good stock ecu remap.

So im thinking i might aswell start all over again , pull the engine strip it and rebuild it using the 2.5 crank

Its cold outside im in no rush so i can think about every step and share with you guys and get some advice as i go.

i'll post a piccy of all my goodies ive ordered on monday when the final part arrives . ( btw the nos kit is a wet system with its own ecu which is all i know untill it arrives as the description wasn't very detailed

one good thing is damn im having a good time doing all this

All spares parts for 156 and 147 being sold that i will not be using (cheap) nothing too small ask what you want , willing to post world wide Phone 07922123242 Ask for Neil and say Mark said to phone .

Download link for Alfa 156's http://www.filedropper.com/alfaelearn
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlock View Post
So im thinking i might aswell start all over again , pull the engine strip it and rebuild it using the 2.5 crank
The 2.5L crank put in the 3.0L make a nice lowered CR 2.8L Proven to being able to handle 1.4 bar boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlock View Post
one good thing is damn im having a good time doing all this
Yeah I hear you - the build is a big part of the fun.
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 02-12-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Well i got it today and by the looks of it im very happy, Its not like a normal kit.

Its ecu connects to every injector , connects to lambdas , connects to the maf and the throttle sensor , and has a visual display with a nitrous activation switch and a set of lights indicating the engine fuel mixture. works from 4 to 8 cylinders so its flexible aswell. and a 10lb bottle and the bonus i didnt know is its made for a returnless fuel system , so it was a lucky pic as none of this was in the description.

its got me exited and ready to rip the car apart again

I think what i'll do is start a new build thread so i can post pics as i go and keep all my questions and how i am getting on in one post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nos1.jpg (113.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg nos2.jpg (132.7 KB, 13 views)
jbsmith1 likes this.

Last edited by mirlock; 02-12-15 at 17:17.
AO Member

County: Copenhagen
Garage
Looks toxic

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
extra , upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page