2 Questions for you Uber Tuners - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

2Likes
  • 1 Post By mirlock
  • 1 Post By Gertie

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 24-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
Crazed 2 Questions for you Uber Tuners

Hi all

forget question 1 for the moment

2nd Question if i remember right i think i read that the v6 fuel pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump, if true is there a way to bypass it and fit a aftermarket adjustable regulator.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by mirlock; 24-11-15 at 19:54.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 9 Old 25-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Dont be shy , im sure someone has fitted a fuel regulator or fitted larger injectors so had to have a fiddle about.

it makes thing not so straight forward without having a fuel return and the regulator fitted to the pump.

me needs options as i have bought all the goodies. i have tried eper but i get nothing but error pages

even if someone could help me find a map of the fuel system i will be able to work it all out from that
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 25-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Here is a good read up on returnless systems and tells you the clog spot to clean

Diagnosing Returnless Fuel Injection Systems
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 25-11-15 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Panic over , ive worked out how to add a external adjustable regulator so all should be sweet with bigger injectors etc
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlock View Post
Panic over , ive worked out how to add a external adjustable regulator so all should be sweet with bigger injectors etc
Good job yes external FPR is no rocket surgery - it'll be fine.
AO Silver Member

County: Kent

Member car:

147ts plus bits

Sorry to dredge up an older thread, but that link is great, thanks. Makes sense now.
However, if i were to add, say a walboro 255 pump to my car in light of also adding a small turbocharger on the other end, would that confuse the bejesus out of my lil' alfa?
(147 1.6 ts)
(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 25-01-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egon View Post
Sorry to dredge up an older thread, but that link is great, thanks. Makes sense now.
However, if i were to add, say a walboro 255 pump to my car in light of also adding a small turbocharger on the other end, would that confuse the bejesus out of my lil' alfa?
(147 1.6 ts)
Hiya

It will be fine a little more pressure will make the injectors spit out more fuel which you will need to gain more power.

The way ive done it is .. Using a fuel regulator with a inlet that connects to the Plenum which when the turbo pressurizes the plenum it raises the pressure that the fuel regulator lets through.
Sorry im not very good at explaining but in basic.. Set fuel regulator to the normal 4psi so when driving normally all is the same as standard but when you boot the throttle the pressure will raise the fuel pressure higher up to the amount your fuel pump kicks out.

Mines 4psi and under turbo boost its 5psi

i hope that helps
Egon likes this.

All spares parts for 156 and 147 being sold that i will not be using (cheap) nothing too small ask what you want , willing to post world wide Phone 07922123242 Ask for Neil and say Mark said to phone .

Download link for Alfa 156's http://www.filedropper.com/alfaelearn
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
Hiya

It will be fine a little more pressure will make the injectors spit out more fuel which you will need to gain more power.

The way ive done it is .. Using a fuel regulator with a inlet that connects to the Plenum which when the turbo pressurizes the plenum it raises the pressure that the fuel regulator lets through.
Sorry im not very good at explaining but in basic.. Set fuel regulator to the normal 4psi so when driving normally all is the same as standard but when you boot the throttle the pressure will raise the fuel pressure higher up to the amount your fuel pump kicks out.

i hope that helps
How quickly can the fuel pressure regulator react to changes in the boost pressure?

It would be interesting to see a boost gauge and fuel rail pressure gauge operating side by side while the car is driven.
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Quote:
Hiya

i hope that helps
Wait a second, normal injection fuel rail pressures are in the 3 to 4 bar arena (40 - 50ish PSI) (Direct injection is way higher)
Fuel Pressure Explained - Injector Dynamics
Fuel Pressure regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
How quickly can the fuel pressure regulator react to changes in the boost pressure?
It would be interesting to see a boost gauge and fuel rail pressure gauge operating side by side while the car is driven.
I hope to answer that question later this year - my build is in progress (the older OEM return type system that is now modded for external FPR).
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg GTV_FuelRailMod.jpeg (99.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpeg GTV_FuelPressureReg.jpeg (82.9 KB, 6 views)
Egon likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
questions , tuners , uber

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page