Feedback on Alfastumper - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

1Likes
  • 1 Post By edraven71

(Post Link) post #1 of 16 Old 20-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cascais

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

Exclamation Feedback on Alfastumper

Hi guys,

I don't really know where to put this, but I thought the tuning forum would be the best place to start.

I would like to have some feedback from anyone that has recently purchased anything from Alfastumper.

The reason beeing that I placed an order last September, got a link to pay - paid immediately, some days later got another link to pay for the transport - paid immediately, some days later got an e-mail from them (Peter Kolding) saying that the package had been delivered to GLS and shipped my way (even gave me a tracking number).
About a week later, I checked the GLS website to try and see where my package was and the site wouldn't give me any results. I contacted GLS Portugal and they told me no package with that reference had been registered on their system. Contacted GLS.dk and they gave me same answer.
Wrote Alfastumper a few e-mails since then but have received no reply at all.
Tried calling him (Peter) on the phone several times, but he won't answer my calls (he used to answer and was always very nice).

So, before I go for an official complaint through my credit card, I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with these guys lately and if (by any remote chance) there is anybody here that lives near him (Denmark) and that would help solve my problem.

Thanks for your input guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Stockholm
Unfortunately you're not alone. There's been many cases like this on the swedish Alfaforums and they all end in the same matter nowadays - no delivery and no response!
And if that wasn't enough - apparently if you complain on ze internetz you're blacklisted by the company and so are people with your family name. Not an OK way of doing business when you're a grown man running an otherwise very (seemingly) good company.

I'd say get your money back and take your money elsewhere, where they'll actually value you as a customer.
AO Member

County: -
Also a few danes having trouble with this seller now and recently.
rxe
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire
I order two undertrays from them last year, and they both turned up quickly. Delivered to UK, if that makes any difference.
AO Silver Member

County: North Sealand-
Lots have had the same complaint on the Danish AR club web. The latest tread started on the 20. July this year.
Conclusion the business gone under. Find another supplier.
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Loye View Post
.... Find another supplier.
f.i. alfisti.net

http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styli...ard::2910.html
(Post Link) post #7 of 16 Old 22-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

wow!
I had no idea it was that bad!

Anyway, allow me to update the info.
So I finally managed to talk to him on the phone. When I told him what was going on he sounded extremely surprised. He apologized so many times, that I have to believe he meant it... He asked me for 24 hours, so he could find out what the problem was.
The next day I got an e-mail from him explaining that apparently the transport van had broken down and they moved the cargo to another van/truck and they got the parcels mixed up, so my parcel never made it to the GLS warehouse and was in fact sitting in a ladies purses/bags warehouse. GLS apologized and the parcel was finally scanned at their warehouse and is on its way to Portugal.
So it looks like all's gonna be ok (but I'll wait for the package to arrive before closing this subject).

Anyway, one of the problems I had was communicating with him, and I told him that. He explained that he gets "hundreds of spam e-mails" and he has a hard time managing his inbox. At a certain time, he told me he was alone in the company and had way too much work, so it was sort of difficult for him to do everything at the same time. Always saying sorry for the delays and stuff.

I really don't know what to make of all this. He sounds like a really nice guy on the phone and seamed very upset with all this hassle. He even said something that makes a lot of sense to me, which is that he has nothing to gain in giving a bad service/support, that his reputation was on the line. But I think he really has to get organized if he wants to keep the shop open.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll let you know how it ends in a few days (hopefully).

AO Silver Member

Lets hope that is right. But the probs have been going on for far too long.
If you use translategoogle.com you can read this tread I mentioned earlier
Alfa Romeo Klub Danmark - Forum
(Post Link) post #9 of 16 Old 23-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

Hey Erik,

I'd love to read what you wrote, but the message I get is "You do not have access to this forum!" lol

Perhaps you could copy-paste the text...

AO Silver Member

Sorry, I forgot that you meed to be a member. The tread started July 20th and 21 entries all about missing replies and parts. Apparently the owner is or have been ill. He could have informed about that on his web.
My impression is that he gets most of his parts from alfisti.net and others.
AO Silver Member

County: Dublin
Garage
I hope you get sorted bernas,
I had dealings with Alfastumper before. The frist two orders came through with no problems (and items were of a high quality) the third time, I had to get my credit card company involved as the owner just would not accept any discussion or compromise. Said Danish tradestandards did not apply in the matter. The credit card company disagreed with him however and I was able to get my money back.

I know he has items that are not available elsewhere (like super stiff anti-roll bars) but unless I hear from others he has cleaned up his act, he will not get my business again.

2003 156 GTA Selespeed - Alfa Rosso + black multispokes, Eibach anti rollbars, Quaife ATB diff, 330mm brakes, Bilstein B12, De-cat wrapped manifolds + EQ downpipes + Ragazzon silencer, CDA intake, (carefully) removed interior & Sparco bucket seats + 6 point harness
2002/6 156 JTS Selespeed - Full Ti interior, late model camshafts, Supersprint manifolds, Ragazzon silencer
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
It's a pity, I didn't always see eye to eye with him on here but have bought various bits off him in the past because they were the only place to get what I wanted at the time.

Hope he can turn it around.
AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Ordered some stuff off Alfastumper last year, not for the first time, but as has been said above I had lots of delays and promises of the items being delivered which never happened, and I also had the excuse of someone being ill and not keeping up with the orders.

I did eventually get the items I bought after about 8 weeks and a lot of chasing from my end and the kit I bought (Z8's and undertray) where really good products, which would make it a shame if this company went under, but if you p*ss people off that is what is going to happen.
(Post Link) post #14 of 16 Old 30-10-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

Ok, so a little update here: the lost package finally arrived!!!

So after all the initial fuss, lost package, lack of communication and after a few phone calls (a bit expensive as you might imagine) the stuff I bought finally arrived!
Quality seems pretty good, so I guess it just might have been worth it...

Anyway, I hope he really gets his act together, otherwise I don't think he'll have much of a future and like said above, it would be a real shame because the quality is beyond any complaints as far as I can see.

AO Silver Member

County: Tyne and Wear
Garage
Good news, glad you got your stuff.

Would be a shame to lose one of the few companies catering for Alfa's, would be good to see it turned around.
bernas68 likes this.
AO Member

County: Copenhagen
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAssarsson View Post
Unfortunately you're not alone. There's been many cases like this on the swedish Alfaforums and they all end in the same matter nowadays - no delivery and no response!
And if that wasn't enough - apparently if you complain on ze internetz you're blacklisted by the company and so are people with your family name. Not an OK way of doing business when you're a grown man running an otherwise very (seemingly) good company.

I'd say get your money back and take your money elsewhere, where they'll actually value you as a customer.

Yep Peter is really a strange bloke!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
alfastumper , feedback

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page