Upgrading 156 to 159 Ti look wheels - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

 2Likes
  • 1 Post By richardw1992
  • 1 Post By richardw1992
 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 18-06-15 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Letroizef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Zealand
County: Auckland
Posts: 35
Upgrading 156 to 159 Ti look wheels

Hi All,

I have added to my collection with a 156, V6 sportswagon.
Keen to upgrade the look to have the 159 ti replica wheels, made by WSP....who do them in 18 inch with PCD 5x98 WSPItaly Cerchi in lega

The overall intent is to achieve a look like this...albeit with lightly less ridiculous lowering of the coils https://www.pinterest.com/pin/518688082057657949/

Question is.... before I go ahead and spend a small fortune on a new set.... If there is anyone on the forum who has done this before and wants to sell their wheels because they have moved on, then I am very keen to know.

Or if anyone has a really good deal (so far best I have seen is 640 ish Euros) then also keen to know.

Loooove the look of these wheels.

Ciao!
Letroizef is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
casesensitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Dublin, Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 109
Garage

Member car:

'09 159 2.4 TI

Interesting, I was looking at this crowd with a view to going the other way.

Alfa wheels are not all that commonly traded on the second hand market by the looks; my 159 came with TI spec; great for the interior, but the lowered ride height and enormous wheels end up meaning a quite unforgiving ride in what is otherwise a great GT cruiser.
Posted about this here.
casesensitive is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bulgaria
County: Sofia
Posts: 170
The 159 is 5x100 PCD, you can still make it work..
pyle is offline  
Status: Loving the smell of PETROL again!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyle View Post
The 159 is 5x100 PCD, you can still make it work..
No it's not, it's 5x110....original 159 wheels would not fit a 156 without hub converters
Cuore Sportivo is offline  
Status: Fresh Blood
AO Member
 
richardw1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 113

Member car:

147 GTA

I have just done something very similar to my 147 GTA, as I have always lusted over the look of 159TI wheels on the 147.

I bought a set of copies from here, in original 19" size but correct 5x98 PCD (they also provide copies in 18" 5x98 if you don't want to go quite so big). Equally you could get a set of original 159 wheels in 5x110 but adapters seem like a lot of effort and money. Plus these replicas seem good quality and look spot on! Took 3 days to arrive from Italy, with great communication from the company throughout, answering all my questions and needs.

Here is how she looks now! A bit grubby as I have been splashing about the lanes whilst infinitely fine tuning the suspension. (And sorry no not selling them for a while yet!)

I have 15mm spacers on the front, without them it won't clear the upper wishbones due to the fact I foolishly fitted 235 35 19 tyres which are a tad too large! I recommend 225 35 19 tyres. Coincidentally at the rear I had to remove the 15mm spacers as again due to the larger 8J wheels, and 235 width tyres it was creating severe arch rub due it being lowered on coilovers. With the spacers removed I can drop it down a bit lower now but the wheels look recessed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150611_121422.jpg (188.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg 20150620_185723.jpg (282.6 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 20150620_185733.jpg (227.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 20150620_185728.jpg (275.8 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg 20150620_185755.jpg (209.2 KB, 41 views)
giblets46 likes this.

Last edited by richardw1992; 20-06-15 at 18:37.
richardw1992 is offline  
Status: The Rosso twins are here!
AO Silver Member
 
edraven71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Tyne and Wear
Posts: 3,848
Garage
That looks cracking saw another GTA with them on and think they really suit the car.

On a side note, can I ask where you got the front wind deflectors?, looked at a few and didnt like them but yours look good.
edraven71 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
casesensitive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Dublin, Ireland
County: Dublin
Posts: 109
Garage

Member car:

'09 159 2.4 TI

Nice. I'm going to powder coat mine in dark anthracite when I can afford new rubber.
casesensitive is offline  
Status: Fresh Blood
AO Member
 
richardw1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 113

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by edraven71 View Post
That looks cracking saw another GTA with them on and think they really suit the car.

On a side note, can I ask where you got the front wind deflectors?, looked at a few and didnt like them but yours look good.
They're Team Heko deflectors. The took a few weeks of using the windows to 'settle' into position, initially the windows would catch or pop them out a bit, but now they are solid and windows go up and down fine without needing the metal clips. Do a fantastic job of reducing wind buffeting at high speeds!

I actually bought them from ebay, and this seller in particular as they were the cheapest I could find:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1416830569...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But the same Team Heko kit should be available from loads of places.
edraven71 likes this.
richardw1992 is offline  
Status: The Rosso twins are here!
AO Silver Member
 
edraven71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Tyne and Wear
Posts: 3,848
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardw1992 View Post
They're Team Heko deflectors. The took a few weeks of using the windows to 'settle' into position, initially the windows would catch or pop them out a bit, but now they are solid and windows go up and down fine without needing the metal clips. Do a fantastic job of reducing wind buffeting at high speeds!

I actually bought them from ebay, and this seller in particular as they were the cheapest I could find:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1416830569...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But the same Team Heko kit should be available from loads of places.
Cheers
edraven71 is offline  
(Post Link) post #10 of 15 Old 24-06-15 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Letroizef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Zealand
County: Auckland
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardw1992 View Post
I have just done something very similar to my 147 GTA, as I have always lusted over the look of 159TI wheels on the 147.

I bought a set of copies from here, in original 19" size but correct 5x98 PCD (they also provide copies in 18" 5x98 if you don't want to go quite so big). Equally you could get a set of original 159 wheels in 5x110 but adapters seem like a lot of effort and money. Plus these replicas seem good quality and look spot on! Took 3 days to arrive from Italy, with great communication from the company throughout, answering all my questions and needs.

Here is how she looks now! A bit grubby as I have been splashing about the lanes whilst infinitely fine tuning the suspension. (And sorry no not selling them for a while yet!)

I have 15mm spacers on the front, without them it won't clear the upper wishbones due to the fact I foolishly fitted 235 35 19 tyres which are a tad too large! I recommend 225 35 19 tyres. Coincidentally at the rear I had to remove the 15mm spacers as again due to the larger 8J wheels, and 235 width tyres it was creating severe arch rub due it being lowered on coilovers. With the spacers removed I can drop it down a bit lower now but the wheels look recessed.

richardw1992 - Nice stuff. Where did you buy yours from? For the moment the best quote I have is 680 pounds delivered to New Zealand. Then I pay local VAT on top of that... not bad, but if you know a better deal am keen to find out

Will be going for the 18 inch just to play it safer in terms of clearances, etc. I don't want to play around with spacers, etc...and I have the 2.5 V6 with normal brake calipers rather than the larger brembos so hopefully should all fit just fine
Letroizef is offline  
Status: Fresh Blood
AO Member
 
richardw1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 113

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letroizef View Post
richardw1992 - Nice stuff. Where did you buy yours from? For the moment the best quote I have is 680 pounds delivered to New Zealand. Then I pay local VAT on top of that... not bad, but if you know a better deal am keen to find out

Will be going for the 18 inch just to play it safer in terms of clearances, etc. I don't want to play around with spacers, etc...and I have the 2.5 V6 with normal brake calipers rather than the larger brembos so hopefully should all fit just fine
I completely forgot to link to the original website didnt I?

Here you go:

AL669 19*80

And plenty more designs to fit various Alfa's available here: You will be look for 5x98 fitment for a 147 156 or GT!

Alfa Romeo
richardw1992 is offline  
(Post Link) post #12 of 15 Old 25-06-15 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Letroizef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Zealand
County: Auckland
Posts: 35
Great stuff thanks ... That's weird...the al669 seem to be different to the w251 although I can't tell from the small images really what the difference is...?
Letroizef is offline  
Status: Fresh Blood
AO Member
 
richardw1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 113

Member car:

147 GTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letroizef View Post
Great stuff thanks ... That's weird...the al669 seem to be different to the w251 although I can't tell from the small images really what the difference is...?
They are both exactly the same design, 159 TI clones. However the manufacturer is different, hence the differing price.

The "W251 Cannes" are manufactured by "WSP Italy" who also make replicas for many other Alfa wheel styles.

The al669 (which I bought) must be manufactured by another company, hence why they are cheaper.

If it is 18" wheels you are after, they can also be bought through Veloces if you prefer a UK seller, however you do pay the premium for this privilege. Furthermore the shipping costs from the website I linked you to were very reasonable for me. About 20 I believe.

Alfa Romeo Part Shop | Alfa 147 Parts | ALLOY WHEEL for 147 ALL MODELS from Veloces of London
richardw1992 is offline  
(Post Link) post #14 of 15 Old 29-06-15 Thread Starter
Status: -
AO Member
 
Letroizef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New Zealand
County: Auckland
Posts: 35
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardw1992 View Post
I completely forgot to link to the original website didnt I?

Here you go:

AL669 19*80

And plenty more designs to fit various Alfa's available here: You will be look for 5x98 fitment for a 147 156 or GT!

Alfa Romeo

Thanks for all this info. i spoke with the store owner and very nearly went for his 19 inch wheels

AL669 19*80

At 140 Euro they are a BARGAIN...and the last set he has in the shop. Unfortunately while reviewing my car today I concluded I would need to limit myself to the 18 inch... which I got from another supplier.

For anyone out there looking for an awesome set of 19 inch ti look wheels... the above website is perfect.
The shop owner is keen to sell...hence the great discount.

Ciao for now... will touch base when my wheels arrive!
Letroizef is offline  
Status: -
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
County: -
Posts: 5
Hi people. I'm also searching for wsp w251 wheels for my alfa 147 in 18"....does anybody know where i can find it in UK or somewhere else?

Thanks!
jurica is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
156 , 159 , upgrading , wheels

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome