Brake Discs and Pads for Mito QV - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 12-04-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Brake Discs and Pads for Mito QV

Hi All...

I am looking to change the discs and pads on the Mito. I like the look of the Tarox Sport Japan Discs mainly because they the only drilled and grooved discs I can find @ 305mm dia, if I'm wrong please let me know!

I am trying to find some pads. Probably Ferrodo DS2500 but would also be happy with BD Predator pads..... can't find either for the Mito QV ? I found some DS2500 at Demon Tweeks but you can only select a 1.4T Mito upto 2013 on their website.... i'm assuming there is no difference to the 2014 model?

Any help finding the right kit at the right price appreciated!

Cheers!
Ray

p.s. Upgrading is essential as IMO the standards can be poor when pushed! Get fade often when on the A/B roads!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Sachsen

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

Hello,

Are those discs 305x28 and 4x98? If so take a look at the f2000 discs (alsow made by tarox) i ordered some for my lancia, it uses 4x98 PDC
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 04-06-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Hello Black Sheep,

I'm assuming they are those dimensions. The website that sell the discs in my original post also sells the F2000.... they also look like good discs. What pads do you use?

Is your delta one of the new ones? how do you find it? being a massive fan of the old delta i'm somewhat bemused by the new ones..... never having driven one though I am loathed to judge..... how are they on the road?

Cheers!
Ray
AO Member

County: Worcestershire
Garage
EBC also make some slotted/ drilled & grooved discs worth a look:

EBC Brake Discs | EBC Turbogroove Discs | EBC Ultimax Discs

They do:
- Ultimax (slotted)
- Turbo (slotted & dimpled)

Think they're slightly cheaper than the Torax when i was looking.
AO Member

County: Sachsen

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAdams View Post
Hello Black Sheep,

I'm assuming they are those dimensions. The website that sell the discs in my original post also sells the F2000.... they also look like good discs. What pads do you use?

Is your delta one of the new ones? how do you find it? being a massive fan of the old delta i'm somewhat bemused by the new ones..... never having driven one though I am loathed to judge..... how are they on the road?

Cheers!
Ray
Hello well i am using the f2000 with ebc redstuff - this works quite good - especially as breake dust can be removed easily.

On the much lighter mito break performance is gonne be crazy.

How is the new delta?
Well first of all it's dead cheap compared to any other car of simi)ar size and options (leather..xenon wich follows the steering angle.. whatever).
The suspension is a bravo 198 nothing worth to speek of - only one thing is realy good on it - the turning circle. On the other hand it has less parts than double wishbone so it's easy and cheap to maintain.
The cabin is huge - way bigger than a 156/giulietta at least on par with 159 - maybe even romierer, at on the rear. Relatively quite for a diesel.

Engine: 1.9 Twimturbo - remapped buy a guy from this forum... realy has potential - the only thing is... fun starts at about 2700rpm - illegal speeds mostly even in germany.... consumption about 6.0l/100 (thats less than a 159 1.9 jtdm needs) if you dont chase v6 tdis.... all out you'll end up on ~8-9 liters (that includes 240+ kph topspeed runs) - if dpf get's rmoved consumption would drop about .5 to .75 liters.

mine has now 190k km on the clock, cabin looks almost like new - engine is strong.
Gearbox sucks (GM F40) maybe change the intercooler some time....

Do i regret it?
Yes and.no i'd wanted a 159 with good aerodynamics and this engine or maybe the more moder 2.0 tt
But there are no 159s with good aero an low consumption

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
brake , discs , mito , pads

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page