had to kick myself fro posting tuning stuff in the 159/Brera thread instead of here.
Got my '07 Brera 2 months ago. It's a 2.4 JTDM, got it with 82K on the clock and it looks as it was well taken care of from the previous owners (I am the 5th in line).
I knew when I got it that I was going to invest in it, so I took my time, did my research and now it's at the garage being taken care of.
Things on the to do list:
1. Full service with timing belt and pump. Better safe than sorry.
2. EGR blank using Fixitsans dongle.
3. Inlet manifold cleaning and swirl valve removal
4. Bilstein B14 coilovers with new topmounts (During removal we also found out the rear left spring was cracked, so it needed a change anyway
5. Eibach Antirollbars kit with HD droplinks.
6. Novitec quick shifter (got in the want list on the last minute).
7. Braided brake lines.
8. New stainless steel straight through cat back exhaust system (Thinking of going with 3" pipes). DPF will be removed as Fixitsans dongle handles that as well.
On the engine tune side, the car came with a fuel rail module and I had it dyno'd with some good results. I am attaching my dyno runs for comments. Apparently the dyno operated did some snafu on the gear runs though. The low number is without the module, the high with and on the top DIP switch position. The numbers seem pretty good to me, especially without EGR/DPF removal as that will boost power even more. I don't see the point in investing in a custom program unless I change the turbo, intercooler etc (got the 200Bhp engine with the KKK Turbo).
The procedure is not without it's downsides, as I've found some corrossion on the subrame (minimal) and the rear arms which have been sent for sandblasting and coating.
Local Alfa stealer (only one in this country) had no service items so any parts missing cost time in shipping, probably not in money as they really are stealers
The exhaust manifold had broken bolts (probably for some time) so they have to be drilled out).
Most of the stuff I'm doing has already been done before, this forum has a ton of info. I am afraid of the exhaust system. I would like to add some "noise" to the car but not turn it to a boy racer, I'd much prefer a Q car approach. I have no previous experience with Diesel tuning so muffler sound is a known unknown.
I would appreciate any feedback on the mods I am doing and on the dyno run.