I see some are really active with tuning.
My AR is modified in a few places and now I'm looking into WinOLS.
I've tinkered with it for about 4 weeks now and I changed a few things:
- RPM airco off to 930rpm (ori 850)
- RPM airco on to 930 (ori 900)
- EGR Switch from 1 to 0 (DTC off)
- EGR map to fully open
The RPM is because of a SMF with stage 1 clutch, raising the RPM reduces noise a bit when idling, so far it works and I like it!
I've now been busy looking up other maps, SOI, smoke, limiters etc.
It's nice to find all the basic maps and per DAMOS for 147 JTD I can find most maps in my own file. I havn't found a DAMOS of Map Pack for the 156 1.9 JTD 8v.
But I will try to find them myself with some help from the internet (basic map recognision).
It's fun to do and I have basic knowledge, but is someone able to tell me how to properly adjust some maps?
Just raising all value's won't do any good
It's all about when and how to release torque.
Some basic understanding would be nice.
I've read that I should not mess with the injection duration (it's good as it is) and shouldn't push the turbo pressure any further.
Again, I have (yet) still no clue what the smoke map, or several limiters do.
I changed a few things on my AR156:
- SMF + Stage 1 clutch (due to DMF failing and clutch wore out after 300.000km)
- WMI with 180cc nozzle, mixture isn't methanol but ethanol (cheaper) 1:1 mix.
- Downpipe without cat
- Cat replacement
- EGR is mechanicly (and now also in the SW) removed.
- Intake manifold is changed to a straight intake (butterfly valve for shutoff is removed)
- Turbo is revised (not altered).
I don't have the needs to go all the way, 160bhp is too much, I would like to keep it within a saver limit.
The intention is to drive this (rust free!) bella to at least 600.000 km
Any help is welcome and I do think I get the most of WinOLS now.
Maybe someone is willing to share a tuned map with me?
Only to compare and see what changes you made.
I have no interest is selling or tuning for others, just want to do my 156.