159 1750 TBi Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 13-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

159 TBi TI SW

159 1750 TBi Quaife ATB Helical LSD differential

Hi all.
Just before Christmas Autolusso upgraded my car with Quaife LSD differential and it turned out to be a dream Xmas present
So far it has proven to be a fantastic little thing, makes cornering faster, you can apply the power earlier than you would expect and the car goes exactly where you want it to go.
The electronic Q2 relies on brakes and its performance is nowhere near Quaife, Alfa shouldn't waste time and effort to develop it, 300 bhp FWD Focus RS is factory equipped with Quaife and it works.
Changing the diff doesn't take long as M32 gearbox stays in the car. With Powerflex bushes and custom remap (240 bhp, 413 Nm) Quaife is absolutely fantastic upgrade to my car.
Precious!

Thanks again Autolusso!
Your game is strong
So happy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10917878_925409270804815_3209274900786768503_n.jpg (87.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg 10402566_925409247471484_7712513794870464600_n.jpg (79.4 KB, 68 views)

159 TI SW 1750 Carbonio Black/Tan Leather
Powerflex bushes
Autolusso remap
Quaife ATB
ex: 156 1.8TS 166 3.0 Sportronic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -
Im really considering a LSD on My Mito (155) by Autolusso Bournemouth, my car has the same M32 gearbox so should be relatively easy to fit.

As a new driver though, Im just not convinced it'll make that much of a noticeable difference/improvement?
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohican TI View Post
The electronic Q2 relies on brakes and its performance is nowhere near Quaife, Alfa shouldn't waste time and effort to develop it, 300 bhp FWD Focus RS is factory equipped with Quaife and it works.
Good write up Mohican The thing with the eQ2 - is it is free - only software into the ABS. And yes with an uprated TBi (or top-of-the line Focus) this next question and answer is pertinent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattkidd View Post
Im really considering a LSD on My Mito (155) by Autolusso Bournemouth, my car has the same M32 gearbox so should be relatively easy to fit.
As a new driver though, Im just not convinced it'll make that much of a noticeable difference/improvement?
If you tend to drive VERY enthusiastically (you tend to spin up tires at pull-away or round-abouts / hard corners or like to power hard through corners) then yes you will feel the difference, more so in a high-power situation (optimized 1750) rather than in a 1.4 - The more power your car produces, the more you need a proper diff
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Mohican - thanks for this posting..

I have the 1750TBi Brera and was thinking about getting the Quaife or Q2 LSD, but it seems like the Quaife is the way to go... Can I be cheeky and ask what was the ball park cost for the LSD? Thanks.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 15-01-15 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire

Member car:

159 TBi TI SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalewis View Post
Mohican - thanks for this posting..

I have the 1750TBi Brera and was thinking about getting the Quaife or Q2 LSD, but it seems like the Quaife is the way to go... Can I be cheeky and ask what was the ball park cost for the LSD? Thanks.
Hi, all prices of performance mods are now on new Autolusso's website, Mito 155 has m32 gearbox so I can imagine price will be the same for your Brera
Autolusso - Quaife Differentials

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
159 , 1750 , atb , differential , helical , lsd , quaife , tbi

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page