Let the fun begin!!! ;) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 13-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West Midlands

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT Q2

Let the fun begin!!! ;)

[url]http://rs188.pbsrc.com/albums/z111/dan662/Mobile%20Uploads/20141013_201422.jpg~320x480[url]

Got all of this to look forward to, starring this Wednesday
Jobs consist of;
- radiator change
- Egr valve change, restrictor plate put in place, MAP sensor change, clean of the intake system ie: inlet manifold.
- along with new silicone turbo hoses and cleaned out (vacuum tested) intercooler.
- GTA/Blackline headlight conversion, Morimoto D2S bi-xenon headlight retro fit and upgrade on fog and side lights to match.

Will keep you updated with pics and posts
if anyone has any comments, support and guidance then it is greatly appreciated as well as any questions, I will be happy to answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 11 Old 13-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT Q2

Oh and if someone could help fix my Url link that would be great haha
(Post Link) post #3 of 11 Old 13-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT Q2

AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Looks like you're fitting an electric cooking ring too, is it going in the boot :P
(Post Link) post #5 of 11 Old 18-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT Q2

Ok so after working on my car from Wednesday evening till Friday evening...I managed to get all the jobs done that I wanted :-D ...
EGR change with restrictor plate
gearbox oil change
intake clean
intercooler change with silicone hoses
new intake pipe after finding old one had a massive split in it (pipe between MAF sensor and turbo)
radiator change and bleed of system
MAP sensor change
blackline headlight upgrade
morimoto d2s bi xenon upgrade
air filter change to k&n panel filter

Check out the pics in my photobucket page....more pics to upload on outcome of headlights.

Mobile Uploads Photos by dan662 | Photobucket

I can't begin to explain the difference all of the changes have made to the drive of my car.

gearbox changes seem so much smoother

there are literally no flat spots now through calmer acceleration where their used to be a jump in boost around 2200rpm and 2700rpm before

The silicone hoses have greatly reduced lag due to being stronger and not expanding as much under boost

Air filter I feel aids in all of the above and obviously not having a split intake pipe means what the maf sensor reads is actually going into the engine now...massive reduction in black smoke under hard acceleration

The front end look of the gt is greatly improved through spray painting the headlights and the bi zenons not only look great, they fit really well after modification and the light output is amazing. ..so much better than standard and on full beam....just WOW! very easy to re wire guys...Please don't be put off from this mod!

Please...I would love to here your feedback and ideas on where I go next. I'm currently looking for alfa mito brembo calipers to directly bolt on

Then I'm looking at a Remap to finish her off.

Be nice to hear off some members here as I am new to this site.

Oh and to the previous member to comment. ..haha that is the butyl sealant for the headlights...great stuff.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Hi Dan

Loving your enthusiasm mate..

I have a Gt clover 170 q2 so will be following your build.

Will you be modifying her chassis? I have eibach pro S coilovers with eibach ARB kit. Its transformed the car. Visually and more importantly dynamically without loosing ride quality.

Personally i will be going GTA calipers with GT v6 uprights. Are you sure the Mito calipers bolt straight to the GT hub? Great stuff if they do.

Have you thought about exhaust upgrades, and doing away with the front smaller cat near the turbo, aids turbo spool up. Have a word with Dan at wizard exhausts.

Any pictures of your Q2?

Damien.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"Who thought diesels could be this bloody fun"

KW V3 coilovers. Eibach ARB kit. Autolusso remap. JTD performance high flow downpipe. WMI. Bespoke spec Turbo Dynamics hybrid.JTD performance FMIC kit.JTD performance high flow downpipe. Autolusso de swirl flap mod.Autolusso Mocal oil cooler kit. Autolusso smf GTA clutch kit. GTA 330mm big brake kit.JTD perf inlet pipe.Wizard exhaust system. 19x8 OZ superleggera's.
"big thanks to Ned and the lads at Autolusso"
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Clearly not afraid to get your hands dirty!

Recognise the HID kit, as i've just put some in myself, great upgrade, but I see you have fancy bulbs lol

The gearbox oil entry point ....am I right in thinking its inaccessible without removing the battery, at very least?
(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 21-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT Q2

Hi Damien,
sorry for the late reply been at work.
oh that's great to know...That's my worry about losing the ride quality by putting on after market suspension.

Yeah I've read up about the mito brembos and they bolt straight onto the original carriers/uprights so should be an equally cheap/alternative to changing the uprights and possibly wheel bearing, plus off the mito the calipers will be alot newer.

I've read up on removing the cat and so yes I agree I will be looking at getting some quotes on this and getting a down pipe in its replacement.

Are you local to the west midlands?
I will post up some pics of the q2 for you.
I've now uploaded some pics of the headlights in use to show how much better the projector xenons are.

Hi t3yls,
no definitely not scared about getting my hands dirty :-) I love the feeling you get when working on your own car and starting the engine back up!
In all honesty it is easier to remove the battery and then you can easily get to the reverse switch to remove and fill up via this way, last thing you want is to chuck away expensive gear box oil....its not a hard job.

Anyway check the headlight pics out on my photo box and let me know who you think :-)

Dan

Mobile Uploads Photos by dan662 | Photobucket
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

yep lights look great. Being able to see potholes in advance is useful!

Are you saying you can suck the oil out through the reverse switch as well as fill up?
Still need to measure against the dipstick, right?
(Post Link) post #10 of 11 Old 21-10-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo GT Q2

Oh no...dropping old oil out is dead easy and if I remember correctly you may not even have to remove the underfloor engine cover. You can easily identify the sump plug off gearbox and if you have the q2 diff then you can use this sump to empty gear box...diff plug was an 8 mm Alan key. I think gearbox is a 13 mm bolt.

Filling up is easier in my opinion through the reverse switch hole compared to doing it in the dip stick hole as some advise. Don't forget to have both dip stick out and switch off when dumping old oil as this will aid in getting it all out as air will pass in.

Hope this helps.
If you look at my photobucket page you can see the gearbox oil pics and I will happily further explain and help with this.

Dan
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

cheers mate

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
begin , fun

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page