Alfa Romeo GT JTS suspension upgrade - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 09-09-14 Thread Starter
rzr
AO Member

County: Tbilisi

Member car:

nothing

Alfa Romeo GT JTS suspension upgrade

Hi All

I'm willing to make update on a suspensions and small mod on braking.

The best buying website for me is Alfisti Shop, because i leave in Georgia and delivery to my country they have the best.

Regarding suspension i'm looking for something better than stock suspenion, but not very sporty - because road in my country are far away from perfect. On paper Koni FSD is best for me, but as i read on this forum it's not good for Alfa Romeo GT.
So i want to choose between Bilsteing B6 with Eibach and Koni Sport with Eibach. The price difference is not so big. So mostly i'm interested which of this setup have a more comform ride?

Second question is regarding brake pipes, i saw a stainless steel brake pipes on autolusso website and on alfisti. Any one have experience which one are better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Koni FSD is quite a bit more expensive than Koni Sport - rater go with Sport - it is adjustable - put it on the soft setting. But still the B6 should be more comfortable than the Sports. Some might suggest the Bilstein will handle your rougher roads better - longevity wise.

Also consider the uprated ARB - it makes corners great - straight road comfort not affected:
Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Sportstabilisator - Eibach Anti-Roll-Kit Eibach Anti-Roll-Kit - Sportstabilisatoren 43728

When it comes to braided hoses and trying to compare them - there will be no measurable difference between Alfisti's and AutoLusso's offerings - both are top class.

To continue on brakes - I agree braided hoses increase the brake feel, it longer lasting, etc, just better. But pads play a even bigger role in brake feel. I would not bother with the ordinary Brembo pads, nor the EBC green stuff - Choose between the EBC Yellow and the Brembo High Performance. I have used the Yellows on track days and I like them - I have read good things about the Brembos, but not tried them yet...

Lastly decent DOT 4 brake fluid is needed if you put a lot of heat into your brakes - if you stop enthusiastically REGULARLY or you have some track time.
Something like: Ferodo Racing Official Website - FORMULA - TRACK DAY BRAKE FLUID

PS. - Unsolicited advice I know Never come to an abrupt stop with HOT brakes - crawl the last few meters that your brake pads do not touch 1 hot spot on the disc and deposit brake material on the disc
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Do you want to lower the car? Or keep the height the same as factory?

Have you thought about Bilstein B4 shocks? These are softer than B6, they would be my choice for bad roads. For good roads I would have B6.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
alfa , jts , romeo , suspension , upgrade

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page