147 GTA exhaust - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

H90EM

147 GTA exhaust

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum & the world of Alfa ownership so excuse me if this question has been raised before.

I've just acquired my 147 GTA and out of my budget I'm left with roughly £400 to spend on a nice performance exhaust upgrade. If you want the truth I'm not looking for significant power gains I wait something to unleash the sound of that V6. I've inspected the exhaust system currently fitted and it's in great condition so I've thought about going down the back box only route.

I can get a back box only by Ragazzon for £350 or I can get a cat back Scorpion for £400.

Which would you guys recommend for both sound and quality? I know the Ragazzon comes highly regarded but what about the back box only option?

I've used scorpion exhausts back in the day during my youth on both my Rs Turbo & Clio Williams and it was a great system however on an Italian V6 I'm unsure?

Advise and opinions greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Moravskoslezský
Garage
Hi, spent on catless exhaust manifolds and centre silencer replacement pipe. Both unleash some power and real V6 sound.

Last edited by yan.ko; 10-06-14 at 15:51.
AO Silver Member

County: West Midlands
Personally if you just got the car and there's nothing wrong with the original I would leave it for a while to enjoy the standard noise of the car which is mainly that lovely busso up front, then when you must change due to rust etc get a nice full cat back system, not a fan of the scorpion do some searches on you tube for supersprint , raggazon , and the biggest smile 'wizard'
Very personal thing so take your time.
H90EM

Thanks for the reply guys.

I wasn't over sure about the scorpion TBH and now you've confirmed it so I'll erase that one. As for the wizard I haven't heard of this so I'll do some research.

AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by H90EM View Post

I wasn't over sure about the scorpion TBH and now you've confirmed it so I'll erase that one. As for the wizard I haven't heard of this so I'll do some research.
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tunin...-v6-alfas.html
AO Silver Member

County: East Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by H90EM View Post

I ran a scorpion for a few years and it was fine. With standard manifolds not particularly boomy etc. you get what you lay for really it isn't up to the standard of the more premium alternatives but is priced accordingly.

As said above though I agree stick with stock for now. Give yourself time to decide whether you actually want it to be louder and the type of sound you want. Search silvervalver on YouTube I put a few scorpion videos up. Most are from my current setup which is a wizard exhaust.
H90EM

Thanks for all the reply,links and advise guys. I think I'm going to go down the Ragazzon cat back route.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
147 , exhaust , gta

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page