Water/Methanol injection on Giulietta 2.0 JTDm - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 18 Old 22-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: West-Vlaanderen

Member car:

alfa 159

Water/Methanol injection on Giulietta 2.0 JTDm

Hello,
i have a alfa Giulietta 2.0 136bhp remapped to 180. also got EGR removed and DPF with a Ragazzon DPF removal Downpipe and a cone sport airfilter.
i recendly installed the Coolisbetter W/M injection 180cc/m kit with boost pressure switch.
now i want to upgrade to progressive controller and ive been thinking on changing the 180cc injector at intakecollector to a 50cc and insal a 90cc at the intercoorler entrance and another 90cc at the intercooler exit. would this improve the eficiency of the system ?
i wil also upgrade the intercooler soon. i wil upload some pics later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1004
County: Noord Brabant
Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy159 View Post
Hello,
i have a alfa Giulietta 2.0 136bhp remapped to 180. also got EGR removed and DPF with a Ragazzon DPF removal Downpipe and a cone sport airfilter.
i recendly installed the Coolisbetter W/M injection 180cc/m kit with boost pressure switch.
now i want to upgrade to progressive controller and ive been thinking on changing the 180cc injector at intakecollector to a 50cc and insal a 90cc at the intercoorler entrance and another 90cc at the intercooler exit. would this improve the eficiency of the system ?
i wil also upgrade the intercooler soon. i wil upload some pics later.
Why do you want to have injectors just before and after the intercooler?

IMO, you only need one injector placed between intercooler and manifold. But make sure you have a proper one. I have used the super atomizing nozzles from coolingmist and I'm having great results.
AO Platinum Member

County: Mpumalanga
I had AEM kit on my Giulietta QV installe for 1hr and i ddin't like it. I didn't like the noise it made, a slight vibration noise as the pump started working...i didn't tune for it but I could feel the difference just in CAI's and the car pulled strong to the red line.

There are no limits to placin ghte nozzle really, some guys spray directly into their turbo...but you have not got over 300bhp so just spray before manifold and change to progressive setup...it works much nicer.
(Post Link) post #4 of 18 Old 22-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS JTD View Post
Why do you want to have injectors just before and after the intercooler?

IMO, you only need one injector placed between intercooler and manifold. But make sure you have a proper one. I have used the super atomizing nozzles from coolingmist and I'm having great results.
i tought if i spray on 2 or 3 places the W/M mix wil mix beter with the air and get it cooler.
i could be wrong.
(Post Link) post #5 of 18 Old 22-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guili View Post
I had AEM kit on my Giulietta QV installe for 1hr and i ddin't like it. I didn't like the noise it made, a slight vibration noise as the pump started working...i didn't tune for it but I could feel the difference just in CAI's and the car pulled strong to the red line.

There are no limits to placin ghte nozzle really, some guys spray directly into their turbo...but you have not got over 300bhp so just spray before manifold and change to progressive setup...it works much nicer.
Where did u mount the pump ?
I placed mine in the spare tire compartment .
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
canty be sure but i think ive read people advising not to put nozzles just before the intercooler incase it pools / corrodes the ally?
like here
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/en/...jection-nozzle
(Post Link) post #7 of 18 Old 23-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by sussexa View Post
canty be sure but i think ive read people advising not to put nozzles just before the intercooler incase it pools / corrodes the ally?
like here
Where to locate your alcohol-water injection nozzle - DevilsOwn Injection
Thanks for info i read the page . I think il go with th a 120cc injector at intercooler exit and a 60cc at the intakecollector.
And upgrade to the progressive controller. I wil order parts from devilsown today they claim to have bes nozzles spraying 40 micron droplets they say ither brands are up to 70micron. I wonder houmuch the coolingmist one are.

Last edited by quincy159; 23-05-14 at 07:54.
AO Silver Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

BMW M135i

Good work!

I know im not being helpful but i always like to see people having the balls to make mods like this.
rjc_147

Would be a interesting project pictures please

AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
Quote:
i tought if i spray on 2 or 3 places the W/M mix wil mix beter with the air and get it cooler.
i could be wrong.
It's best to spray as soon as possible, so directly after the intercooler. No matter how many points you use for spraying, you can't evaporate more water or methanol than to saturate the air. Spraying early gives the most time for the mixture to evaporate, and the less chance of pooling.

Tip: air saturated with water can still hold Methanol, and air saturated with methanol can still hold ethanol, and air saturated with ethanol and methanol can still hold IsoPropanol.

Adding more alcohol (increasing the total amount sprayed) will reduce the intake temps, but will also increase EGT. Ethanol contains the most energy, so EGT reductions will be less, but you can make more power.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1004
County: Noord Brabant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore_Sportivo_155 View Post
Adding more alcohol (increasing the total amount sprayed) will reduce the intake temps, but will also increase EGT. Ethanol contains the most energy, so EGT reductions will be less, but you can make more power.
It's not that simple.
You have to compare the mixture, and then you will see that you can burn more methanol per X amount of air, so in the end methanol makes more power.

My experience is that increasing the % of methanol will not raise EGT, it stays the same or even decreases a bit. Methanol takes away a lot of heat from the charge, much more effective than water...
AO Silver Member

County: -
Methanol speeds up the burning inside the cylinder...
AO Platinum Member

County: Mpumalanga
Hi,
I mounted it on the tank...it had a race tank with a mounting position for the pump. Which was on the left hand side of the boot against the seat, also close to gound for the body.

Like I said, it was quite simple to install and I placed my jet just before the throttle body and just after the MAF.

The AIT's were very low, I drove the car like a hooligan and I could do this repeatedly and the car just felt better and better at the top even without tuning for it... I would jump out immediately and pop the hood to feel the throttle intake pipe to the throttle and it will be cold to the touch...where as a little bit down where the IC pip exits its cold side it would be HOT to the touch, Ii could not touch it.

Its a worthwile mod but I wasn't happy with the noise the pump made and I just chucked it out 1hr after instalation.

Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon 2.5 V6 - Project Swagon
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV Tuned SOLD
Alfa Rommeo GTV Tuned SOLD
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA Sportwagon SOLD
(Post Link) post #14 of 18 Old 26-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 159

here are some pic's of the W/M instal like it is now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140419_122023.jpg (138.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140419_121911.jpg (108.6 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140419_121852.jpg (174.9 KB, 66 views)
(Post Link) post #15 of 18 Old 26-05-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 159

and this is my Giulietta like it is now dropd to the floor on eibach pro street-s coilover, wiechers stut brace and reinforced droplinks
insane -3 rear wheel camber :P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140521_190657.jpg (180.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140521_190752.jpg (186.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140524_153105.jpg (174.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140515_191313.jpg (105.1 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by quincy159; 26-05-14 at 10:47.
Unregistered

County: -

Member car:

nothing

Very nice car, except for the blackened tail lights and the side sticker on the front bumper.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

GT.Clover 170 Q2

Quote:
and this is my Giulietta like it is now dropd to the floor on eibach pro street-s coilover, wiechers stut brace and reinforced droplinks
insane -3 rear wheel camber :P
What is the ride quality like with the eibach pro kit..Thinking of going this way with my Gt.:-)

Damien.
(Post Link) post #18 of 18 Old 10-06-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

alfa 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFADOIT View Post
What is the ride quality like with the eibach pro kit..Thinking of going this way with my Gt.:-)

Damien.
The ride quality is good a bit stiffer than with my eibach springs but stil way beter than AP Coilovers , even my mom dident noticed i changed the suspention setup

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
giulietta , injection , jtdm , water or methanol

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page