Wheel Alignment - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 23-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

'03 GTV V6

Wheel Alignment

Hi All

I'm finally having my GTV power flexed, and once this is done I am considering getting the geometry done as well. Whilst I trust my indi to do me right on most things, I think that this is slightly out of their area of expertise to do anything other than what the book says. I am running Koni Sports on standard springs.

I am of the opinion that the standard alfa setup can be improved upon, particularly where the steering response, deadness around center and tramlining, is concerned. I am looking to you guys if you know of anywhere in the Leicester area that can be trusted to sort the car out, and if anyone has seen any benefits from this?

Many thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Try Carnetix in melton, they do saab sand Subaru but do alignment too they know there stuff if you can get suggested settings, glen will show you how to drive a car, when he takes you out in it. There is another chap I cannot remember his name, who did the set up for the prodrive Brera who does it over Warwick way.
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R159 View Post
glen will show you how to drive a car, when he takes you out in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoot View Post
I am of the opinion that the standard alfa setup can be improved upon, particularly where the steering response, deadness around center and tramlining
Those two will have strong correlation - if steering feels dead close to zero - the wheels will follow the road.

A tad of toe out from normal (negative is normal - so bring it VERY close to 0) at front will help to turn in quicker and a tad of toe out at the rear will help your change direction once the car weight shifted to the outer wheel (But then the GTV spec is already + toe for the rear - and the GTV has a bit of 'rear wheel steer' effect), so play with 0 front toe front 1st
AO Member

County: Stara Zagora
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
A tad of toe out from normal (negative is normal - so bring it VERY close to 0) at front will help to turn in quicker and a tad of toe out at the rear will help your change direction once the car weight shifted to the outer wheel (But then the GTV spec is already + toe for the rear - and the GTV has a bit of 'rear wheel steer' effect), so play with 0 front toe front 1st
Well, it's rare to see better explanation and wise advice.....i drive my daily car with similar setup and it's perfect.....
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 30-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

'03 GTV V6

Hi all, thanks for the replies.

I had a quick look back through my AROC UK magazines and found details of the place that you mention R159. It is Protyre, in Warwick who use Peter Cambridge for the setup, and yes he did work for Prodrive on the Brera S.

Looking at the work he did on JG's GT he was working on about 8 minutes total of toe in. on the front and 28 total toe out for the rear so that sounds similar to what you say Gertie. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Magazine Articles - PCA Dynamics

I'll update once I have had it sorted!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
alignment , wheel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page