v6 fuel injectors upgrade - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-14 Thread Starter
Status: Link ecu fully working and running
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Malawi
County: Balaka
Posts: 137

Member car:

!56

Drunk v6 fuel injectors upgrade

I am looking to upgrade my 2.5 fuel injectors for something more bigger and like to now what can i fit i now that the gta ones will fit but they to small for a super/turbo further upgrade right now i am looking at this set http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRE-60LB-F...item4ac0cb6b70

any help what to or not to use
danielmk323 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-03-14
Status: playing kill by numbers
AO Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Belgium
County: Down in the Park
Posts: 8,786
if you go too big, you won't be able to get a stable idle. calculate how much fuel you think you'll need and go from there. the ones in the ebay link are over 3 times as big as your current injectors (186cc/min IIRC), and the current ones are good for about 240 bhp...

I've found Custom OEM Fuel Injectors from FiveOMotorsport excellent to deal with...
Cuore_Sportivo_155 is offline  
Old 10-03-14 Thread Starter
Status: Link ecu fully working and running
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Malawi
County: Balaka
Posts: 137

Member car:

!56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore_Sportivo_155 View Post
if you go too big, you won't be able to get a stable idle. calculate how much fuel you think you'll need and go from there. the ones in the ebay link are over 3 times as big as your current injectors (186cc/min IIRC), and the current ones are good for about 240 bhp...

I've found Custom OEM Fuel Injectors from FiveOMotorsport excellent to deal with...
240 is @ 3 bar and do you now the dead times of the stock 2.5 yellow ones
danielmk323 is offline  
Old 10-03-14
Status: playing kill by numbers
AO Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Belgium
County: Down in the Park
Posts: 8,786
the dead times are not significantly different between injectors. around 1 millisec (there's a dead time before opening aswell as closing) will get you in the ball park.

240 bhp at 3 bar for 6 injectors. I had 165 bhp out of 4 in my 2.0 8v TS
Cuore_Sportivo_155 is offline  
Old 10-03-14 Thread Starter
Status: Link ecu fully working and running
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Malawi
County: Balaka
Posts: 137

Member car:

!56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore_Sportivo_155 View Post
the dead times are not significantly different between injectors. around 1 millisec (there's a dead time before opening aswell as closing) will get you in the ball park.

240 bhp at 3 bar for 6 injectors. I had 165 bhp out of 4 in my 2.0 8v TS
can i ask at what duty cycle ? pls
danielmk323 is offline  
Old 10-03-14
Status: no pain, no gain
AO Silver Member
 
yan.ko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech Republic
County: Moravskoslezský
Posts: 1,951
Garage
What max boost and revs do you plan?

586cc/m injectors are just fine for 1.5 bar boost at 7000rpm (assuming 95%VE, AFR of 11:1, 80% max duty cycle)

You can use my rough and dirty injector sizing calculator - injector.xls (
- set desired pressure level as stroke multiplier,
- values in main table represent needed injector opening times (in crankshaft degrees)
- it also integrate flow calculator - insert injector known flowrate at given pressure to cells rate1 and pressure1, set new fuel pressure to pressure2 cell and see the new flow at flow2)

Last edited by yan.ko; 10-03-14 at 20:49.
yan.ko is offline  
Old 10-03-14 Thread Starter
Status: Link ecu fully working and running
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Malawi
County: Balaka
Posts: 137

Member car:

!56

Quote:
Originally Posted by yan.ko View Post
What max boost and revs do you plan?

586cc/m injectors are just fine for 1.5 bar boost at 7000rpm (assuming 95%VE, AFR of 11:1, 80% max duty cycle)

You can use my rough and dirty injector sizing calculator - Attachment 293946 (
- set desired pressure level as stroke multiplier,
- values in main table represent needed injector opening times (in crankshaft degrees)
- it also integrate flow calculator - insert injector known flowrate at given pressure to cells rate1 and pressure1, set new fuel pressure to pressure2 cell and see the new flow at flow2)
not more then 8psi
danielmk323 is offline  
Old 10-03-14
Status: no pain, no gain
AO Silver Member
 
yan.ko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech Republic
County: Moravskoslezský
Posts: 1,951
Garage
then 360cc/m injector is all you need (at the same conditions as above, VE, AFR, max RPM, ...)
yan.ko is offline  
Old 10-03-14
Status: no pain, no gain
AO Silver Member
 
yan.ko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech Republic
County: Moravskoslezský
Posts: 1,951
Garage
and if we cap the max rpm at 6500, increase the AFR to 12.5:1 minimum and worse the aircooler efficiency to Tair of 60degrees of Celsius, you'll be fine with 280cc/m injectors. So it's about the GTA ones with just fuel pressure increased to ~4bar.
yan.ko is offline  
Old 11-03-14
Status: Race cars in progress
AO Silver Member
 
Gertie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: South Africa
County: Gauteng
Posts: 5,993
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan.ko View Post
and if we cap the max rpm at 6500, increase the AFR to 12.5:1 minimum and worse the aircooler efficiency to Tair of 60degrees of Celsius, you'll be fine with 280cc/m injectors. So it's about the GTA ones with just fuel pressure increased to ~4bar.
This is good advice Get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator - the OEM falls a bit flat at high flow rates. Going slightly bigger injectors and slightly higher pressure will get you a long way... It will atomize the fuel ever so slightly more too...
Gertie is offline  
Old 11-03-14
Status: no pain, no gain
AO Silver Member
 
yan.ko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech Republic
County: Moravskoslezský
Posts: 1,951
Garage
Actually 3.0V6 ones (those first ones are bigger than 3.2V6, comparing them at the same fuel pressure (240 vs. 220 cc/m or so. I can post the exact details later when at home).
yan.ko is offline  
Old 11-03-14 Thread Starter
Status: Link ecu fully working and running
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Malawi
County: Balaka
Posts: 137

Member car:

!56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
This is good advice Get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator - the OEM falls a bit flat at high flow rates. Going slightly bigger injectors and slightly higher pressure will get you a long way... It will atomize the fuel ever so slightly more too...
yep next step is to fit my Aeromotive fpr Aeromotive¬*|¬*13101 - A1000 Injected Bypass Regulator and gta inlet pipes and plates remove cat and fit the link g4 ecu and give it a good map on the rolling rode and see what can we get from it
danielmk323 is offline  
Old 11-03-14
Status: -
AO Member
 
GavinH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ireland
County: Sligo
Posts: 509

Member car:

156 V6, GTV V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
This is good advice Get an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator - the OEM falls a bit flat at high flow rates. Going slightly bigger injectors and slightly higher pressure will get you a long way... It will atomize the fuel ever so slightly more too...
Might be going a bit off topic - as I think the OP is talking about turbocharging - but out of interest would this mod work also for normally aspirated cars?
GavinH is offline  
Old 11-03-14
Status: Rh - C8H18
AO Member
 
Speedmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bulgaria
County: Stara Zagora
Posts: 377
Garage
Have Fiat Coupe20VT with bigger turbo, 1.4bar hold, around 300bhp+, and it runs fine with stock 320cc injectors.....i doubt that you will need bigger no matter 1 extra pot on V6.....and only 0.8psi....
Speedmaster is offline  
Old 12-03-14
Status: Spinning like a cat
AO Member
 
redtop_68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sweden
County: Stockholm
Posts: 515

Member car:

GTV 2.0TS

This UK company has excellent info on injectors including datasheets:
Fuel Injectors

This is a good overview of the Weber/Marelli Pico injectors:
http://www.mmcompsys.com/uploads/med...%20data_02.pdf
redtop_68 is offline  
Old 12-03-14 Thread Starter
Status: Link ecu fully working and running
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Malawi
County: Balaka
Posts: 137

Member car:

!56

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtop_68 View Post
This UK company has excellent info on injectors including datasheets:
Fuel Injectors

This is a good overview of the Weber/Marelli Pico injectors:
http://www.mmcompsys.com/uploads/med...%20data_02.pdf
thanks
danielmk323 is offline  
 

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
fuel , injectors , upgrade
Thread Tools



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome