MiTo - KW V3 anyone? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 19 Old 17-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

MiTo - KW V3 anyone?

Hi!

Im looking for a new upgrade for my MiTo and im about to order KW V3 "Corse" from, Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos

According to the site its a Novitec kit which is KW from scratch re-branded like for most 3rd party parts.

My question is,
According to the shop (emails) the v3 kit is adjustable in height and stiffness.
Has anyone else bought this kit?

Reading on KWs site the V3 series are adjustable in, height, stiffness and rebound.

When it comes to price its,
Re-Branded Novitec V3 = 1319 euro (From Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos)
Genuine KW V3 = £1323.06 (From Performance Car Parts - K&N, Bilstein, BC Racing, Eibach Exhausts and Suspension and more)

So has anyone bought both the novitec V3/Corse kit and the Genuine KW V3 kit?

Other than that it doesnt state if its the standard series or the Inox-line of the KW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Zuid Holland
Well i know 1 thing about the Novitec V3, aparently novitec stopt producing for alfa romeo and are pointing there bussiness towards Ferrari.
Alfisti bought all left over stock from Novitec regarding alfa romeo.
so is KW helping you out in the future when there will be any problems with the Novitec dampers?
if it was me i would go for genuine V3's.....
(Post Link) post #3 of 19 Old 17-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim0172 View Post
Well i know 1 thing about the Novitec V3, aparently novitec stopt producing for alfa romeo and are pointing there bussiness towards Ferrari.
Alfisti bought all left over stock from Novitec regarding alfa romeo.
so is KW helping you out in the future when there will be any problems with the Novitec dampers?
if it was me i would go for genuine V3's.....
Great info, i had no idea about that and it would be really interesting to know.
In this case it would mean that any issues i end up with would result in Alfisti taking the responsibility so, sure it would be safe to order from Alfisti... il consider which path to take...

Im just really surprised why the price difference is so big, comparing the Novitec and genuine KW.....
AO Member

Do you have pics of the novitec v3 vs the kw v3?
I think when i was searching for coilovers i thought that the novitec one's where actualy v2's named v3.....not sure tho,in the end i bought Intrax HDA.
(Post Link) post #5 of 19 Old 18-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well the pictures aren´t that good :/
Novitec has pictures but KW show the dampers for another car,

The pictures are the same from Alfisti,
Novitec Coilover Suspension Kit 'Corse' | Suspension | Alfa MiTo | Alfa Romeo | Novitec | Tuning for Alfa Romeo, Abarth & Fiat

KW pictures,
Coilover suspension - KW Online product finder, direct from the manufacturer.

I didnt like the performa when i got it from Alfisti so i cancelled my order and will probably buy these from DCPerformance, which are genuine KW V3.
KW Variant 3 Coilovers Alfa Romeo Mito

What i dont know is which to buy, i got the 155 TB mito.

The difference between both are axle weights. But according to KW both work for my car..
Its not easy to figure out which to choose from.. unless you guys know?
KW35215012 = Front-900 / Rear -850
KW35215022 = Front 901 - 1000 kg / Rear - 850 kg
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
I really wouldn't bother spending the kind of money KW v3's cost on a mito. It has a solid rear beam afterall...
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeggi View Post
Well the pictures aren´t that good :/
Novitec has pictures but KW show the dampers for another car,

The pictures are the same from Alfisti,
Novitec Coilover Suspension Kit 'Corse' | Suspension | Alfa MiTo | Alfa Romeo | Novitec | Tuning for Alfa Romeo, Abarth & Fiat

KW pictures,
Coilover suspension - KW Online product finder, direct from the manufacturer.

I didnt like the performa when i got it from Alfisti so i cancelled my order and will probably buy these from DCPerformance, which are genuine KW V3.
KW Variant 3 Coilovers Alfa Romeo Mito

What i dont know is which to buy, i got the 155 TB mito.

The difference between both are axle weights. But according to KW both work for my car..
Its not easy to figure out which to choose from.. unless you guys know?
KW35215012 = Front-900 / Rear -850
KW35215022 = Front 901 - 1000 kg / Rear - 850 kg
Their business is to sell suspension, not having the precise picture on the page - just because the picture is different, doesn't mean you are going to get the wrong part - and the converse is also (maybe true) - Just because the picture is right doesn't guarantee you get the right part... So don't let that be your deciding factor. If you get the wrong thing, then send it back.

Anyway - axle weights are to do with witch engine/gearbox you have in - the diesels are heavier than the T-Jet 1.4 and the Multi-Air , so is the TCT.

If you get the 1000kg ones for the 875cc - your nose will be too high or if you get the 900kg ones with a diesel and TCT gearbox your nose will be too low

Last edited by Gertie; 18-02-14 at 13:16.
(Post Link) post #8 of 19 Old 18-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
Their business is to sell suspension, not having the precise picture on the page - just because the picture is different, doesn't mean you are going to get the wrong part - and the converse is also (maybe true) - Just because the picture is right doesn't guarantee you get the right part... So don't let that be your deciding factor. If you get the wrong thing, then send it back.

Anyway - axle weights are to do with witch engine/gearbox you have in - the diesels are heavier than the T-Jet 1.4 and the Multi-Air , so is the TCT.

If you get the 1000kg ones for the 875cc - your nose will be too high or if you get the 900kg ones with a diesel and TCT gearbox your nose will be too low
I was just replying to "tim0172"

im fully aware what you mean regarding pictures, thats not why i cancelled my order.
I ordered "Novitec/KW type 3" but the performa said type 1 and the order number was incorrect, so why risk it

Also my plan was to choose from Novitec or KW. honestly they arent the same.

After reading some about the Novitec suspension and after finding a thread i, my self started a few years ago regarding Novitec v2 for my 156, its wasnt the exact same setup. Im not saying they are different or same for the Mito but still.

Chris155,
My plan from beginning was to choose Bilstein B14, but since they arent made in stainless steel thats no option anymore. Other than that i don't want to buy a setup now and have it changed again, previous owner bought TA-Technix which are really cheap and not even worth the money, i've had springs changed once and they are still crap.

KW V2 was my first option but then again they arent fully adjustable and thats why im choosing KW V3. sure might be a waste of money according to some but the MiTo is my everyday car so, yeah i think its worth it.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Just a question - what is your take on XYZ? they used to be involved with some of the 156 racers as well - They have a "fully adjustable" coil-over setup available. Then there are D2 coil-overs - I have a set of those - the rear spring rate was a bit hard for my SW as a daily, but works a charm on my racer.
(Post Link) post #10 of 19 Old 18-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
Just a question - what is your take on XYZ? they used to be involved with some of the 156 racers as well - They have a "fully adjustable" coil-over setup available. Then there are D2 coil-overs - I have a set of those - the rear spring rate was a bit hard for my SW as a daily, but works a charm on my racer.
Well XYZ seem to have good specs according to the site, monotube, fully adjustable.
Super Sport Coilovers

But I have no idea how well they work.
What i don't like is that they only have 1 year warranty. "One year limited warranty; replacement for defective strut."

I would avoid D2 because of my own experience when it comes to brakes, I have no experience when it comes to the suspension kit they sell other than the info they have on their site, which seems to be good, alot of options.

My own experience tell me that D2 is more of a budget alternative, but that was ages ago...

So sorry not much help from me.
AO Member

I think you cant go wrong with KW,only thing wich made me decide to go for Intrax was the fact you can change the stiffness of the shock from the top instead of at the bottem with the KW.
(Post Link) post #12 of 19 Old 18-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
I think you cant go wrong with KW,only thing wich made me decide to go for Intrax was the fact you can change the stiffness of the shock from the top instead of at the bottem with the KW.
The v3 has stiffness adjustment at top and rebound adjustment at The bottom.
According to The info ive found about The setup for The Mito.
AO Member

Yep thats true only Intrax does it both on the top.
i figured it would be much easier back then.
(Post Link) post #14 of 19 Old 19-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

I ordered the genuine KW V3 from this store,

Alfa Romeo Mito KW Variant 3 Coilovers KW35215022 Only £1278.06
AO Member

Very nice!
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Very nice!
(Post Link) post #17 of 19 Old 18-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Here we go guys, i have had the kit (KW V3) at home for some time but haven't had the time nor place.
Just installed them together with a friend of mine and they are in the following pictures slammed at the bottom just for show and testing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2019.19.00.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2019.19.08.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2019.26.49.jpg

first in mined was a new set of spacers, mine dont work with the wheels im using.
Camber plate for rear and by some reason i cant seem to find any front camber kit (much appreciated if someone knows if there is any for sale)

I raised the front with about 20mm in fron since it was impossible to drive and the fear of hitting the fenders... well im not after any damage here exactly

Firs impression with front set at 20mm and rear all the way down with recommended settings from KW (rebound 9 clicks, stiffness at 6 clicks) the car has really transformed.
At low speed its harsh but not bumpy and at higher speeds its so comfy, im surprised over how well they respond with start settings according to KW.

So comparing the TA Technix with the KW V3... well i wont, simply put the TA Technix where rubbish which is understandable when comparing the price tag.

oh and yes i need to wash my car and the liquid wrap will come off once its sunny outside
AO Member

Have you seen this company?

dnaracingnew

rear camber kit;

dnaracingnew
(Post Link) post #19 of 19 Old 19-04-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Have you seen this company?

dnaracingnew

rear camber kit;

dnaracingnew
Yeah, i ordered the following kit,
"FRONT SUSP. SUB. DOUBLE TIE ROD"

The rear camber kit is available in Sweden so thats no issue, its the front im looking for.
the front dampers can be adjusted but its really difficult since its impossible to match both sides with the same setting, my plan now is to set them to maximum negative camber and buy a set of new spacers. I don't like the idea of not being able to adjust camber at top, but again KW V3 rebound adjustment is also at the bottom so :/ ( yes i knew that)

anyway thanks for the tip

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
mito

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page