JTD Remapping - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 22-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Midlands
JTD Remapping

A 'done to death' topic I know but as a good mod for a JTD engine I am looking at which company to use to handle a remap for my 1.9l to free up some extra italian stallions in the 147.

I have looked around and one company that seems to have some very good reviews are angel tuning who I have already spoken to and got a quote for. Does any one have any recent experience with them as most threads I have found are from 07-08 and allot can change in the time. And are there any other good companies for 147 remaps in the midlands area that other members can recommend?

My main concern with angel tuning is the fact that they do not use a rolling road/dyno, now I know this isn't always the best test of things however I cannot see how a good map can be created and applied to a car without this? Are the maps just flashed ecu style maps already pre-created generically for the 147?

Alfa Romeo Diesel Tuning

Any advice, experiences or comments welcome

- Trep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

Angel Tuning remapped my 156 2.4JTD 10v (150hp version) some years ago, and I can tell you it felt as though a different engine with much more pulling power had just been fitted. Not sure now what map used, I think it was Nigel who came out, but could be wrong here.
The Mad Map! was mentioned as it could lead to gearbox failure with the increased torque!

At the time my car had done 99K, and some clutch slip was noticed after the re-map (no surprise there with 99k milage on the same clutch). So I learnt to avoid accelerating away using high gears with low revs and promised myself I would get the clutch replaced. And after buying a GQV things kind of slipped getting this done.

Also my MPG went up, that I did not expect.
Perhaps due to, being able with care to keep in higher gears without so many changes!
Thats also why I prefer the 5 speed gearbox in my version.

So after doing nearly 80K since the remap on the original clutch (still), now with 177K miles the peddle travel is quite high now, replacement sometime this year due to normal wear, not my lead foot!

Without any doubt for the diesel remap was the best I have ever spent on increasing an engines performance, and Angel Tuning have lots of Alfa JTD experience too.

CannonBall UK
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
Gus at alfatune or Adie at AHM seem to be the go to guys for remapping and Alfa Romeo these days.
(Post Link) post #4 of 10 Old 23-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Cheers for the advice and experience guys
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Is yours an 8v or 16v model?
(Post Link) post #6 of 10 Old 02-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Mine is the 8v version (115). I am a little disappointed Gus at alfatune has not bothered to return my email, answer the phone or return my call after I left a message. I know that he may be busy but a few minutes of time could mean a customer, the website does not offer any pricing information at all. Such good reviews from people here and often see them online but cannot be bothered to give me a quote?
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

various Alfas

I reply to every email we get within a couple of days at most,have you send to the right address? As for message we do not have and never had an answerphone so I can not possibly imagine which or whose number you left the message to.
(Post Link) post #8 of 10 Old 03-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA TUNER View Post
I reply to every email we get within a couple of days at most,have you send to the right address? As for message we do not have and never had an answerphone so I can not possibly imagine which or whose number you left the message to.
I did think it was strange as you have an outstanding reputation on these forums.

I sent an email to [email protected] on the 22nd Jan 2014 at 21:11 with the subject line "147 1.9 JTD (115) Remapping". I thought I called the telephone number on your website but realise now I must have called someone else as your number on your website seems to be one number short? I tried to call and it failed and tried again and must have added a number somewhere. Is 01744 25499 right?

-Trep
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

various Alfas

Both correct but no email from you(just checked again),give me a call tomorrow
(Post Link) post #10 of 10 Old 03-02-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA TUNER View Post
Both correct but no email from you(just checked again),give me a call tomorrow
Not sure whats happened there then can see it in my sent folder? I'll call you tomorrow and have a chat. Thanks for replying

- Trep

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
jtd , remapping

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page