Join Date: Nov 2013
Turbo Upgrade | Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6
Sorry for the new tread but I decided to go for a single turbo upgrade on my 2.5 v6 engine and I am trying to get together all data and information. In return I will post pics and document the full upgrade for the future.
- TD04 charger from the Subaru Forester or Impreza (they are supposed to run at around 7psi with the stock wastegate)
- Some intercooler that fits onto the frame <-- not yet measured
- Stock ECU with a remap and GTA injectors
- Turbo: 150EUR
- Intercooler: 50EUR
- Remap: 500EUR
- GTA injectors: 100EUR
- Plumping: DIY so just material
Since I will be running a single turbo low boost setup, the back exhaust manifold will have to get led to the front where it meets the front exhaust manifold. From my understanding there will have to be a manifold connector melted on to take the turbo plus of course the oil pipes to and from the turbo. So far so good...
- I am still not getting the intake system completely. There is the intercooler which takes the compressed, hot air, cools it down and sends it towards the throttle. What I am struggling with is understanding how the whole intake system should look like when the turbo is mounted. There is still the original air intake with the MAF sensor plus the air coming from the intercooler. My guess is that the pipe from the intercooler and the pipe coming from the airfilter have to join each other after the MAF but before the throttle.
Can anyone help me visualize how the intake setup looks like with a turbo mounted?