Alfa 156 JTS Exhaust & Cat options - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 03-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Shropshire

Member car:

Alfa 147 & 156

Alfa 156 JTS Exhaust & Cat options

Evening all, just become a recent Alfa owner, my daily driver is now an Alfa 156 2.0 JTS on an 05 plate.
Ever since I have had it the exhaust has been rattling like a goodun and I suspect the cat / cats are baked. Thinking of options and have run across this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3605876658...ht_1024wt_1328

So my questions are:
1. Can anyone tell me exactly how many Cats / Pre cats on this vehicle, haven't had a chance to crawl under it yet.

2. If, as I suspect, it has the 2 precats in the manifold then a main cat will replacing the manifold with the precats with the item linked to above result in doom death and destruction an a permanent engine warning light?

3. If the answer to 2 is no then has anyone had any luck fitting an aftermarket main cat? I have heard mixed reviews and really don't want to pay Alfa main dealer prices for one :-(

4. any recommendations for aftermarket exhausts including the main cat?

Cheers all
Mac
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Staffordshire
There are 2 main cats (NB not pre-cats) in the manifold both fitted with pre-cat and post-cat lambda sensors. There are just the 2 cats.

jts_10.jpg

Gus of AlfaTune, ALFA TUNER on this forum, is the person to talk to. He has done and can do the modification you are considering. He re-mapped my car and I have his cat-back large bore stainless exhaust fitted. Like just about everyone I can recommend Gus. He is based at St Helens, not too far away from you.

And the good news is that you have got a late model JTS, the earlier ones had severe coking up problems.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 07-10-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Shropshire

Member car:

Alfa 147 & 156

Cheers for clearing that up, got the car on the ramp over the weekend and it actually looks like the cats are ok but the downpipe is a bit fubared so not so bad. On the coking up issue I actually had the car Terracleaned on Friday in Milton Keynes on the way back from London and to my surprise noticed an immediate difference, crisper throttle response and she seems a bit more eager to rev. Just have to get the temperature gauge issue fixed then I will be putting her in for a full service.
AO Member

County: Bristol

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

This is really useful. Thanks guys

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
156 , alfa , cat , exhaust , jts , options

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page