Poor braided brake line product for my Ti. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 20-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Poor braided brake line product for my Ti.

I ordered four braided stainless steel brake hoses from HEL a few months ago for my 2008 159 Ti. They did not have a specific model option for Ti so no surprise really that the front lines supplied were totally wrong. Wrong length and end fittings. Eventually (and I mean eventually) got two new front hoses after the guy from HEL supposedly rang my garage to confirm what length and fitting were required. Second front set delivered......... wrong again! Right length this time but one wrong end fitting. Second complaint to HEL who sent out another set of front hoses which arrived and were 'correct'..... My garage fitted these (finally) with an advisory that they were not prefect!!! They had to remove the thin metal brake pipe from the Ti front callipers so that the new hoses could be fitted direct into the callipers. No problem there surely? Yes, to allow a good fit without a tight radius the new lines should have had a ninety degree end fitting which they didn't.

All in all this whole purchase from HEL was HELL. The worst thing of all is that they never contacted my garage to agree on length and fittings according to the manager from the garage. Not excusable I think, next time I need brake lines I will look elsewhere.

I would love to know if any other Ti owner has fitted HEL brake lines and how they got on.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unregistered

County: -
It's quite simple really, get the proper ones. I had the same experience with HEL, but I bothered to describe the hoses and fittings properly and got a custom set that was perfectly made as requested.
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
I have a contact who supplies lines to other companies who rebrand them as there own.

If you can supply me the details of the lengthes and unions required then I can arrange for them to be made up and available.

I have a set of them on my 156 and they are spot on
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Giulietta 1.4 MA

Or buy from Alfisti.net or Autolusso.

The problem with 330 brembos is that there are two different variants (not sure if linked to facelift or not) with different fittings to calliper.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 28-06-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
I never thought of getting the proper ones.... Silly me!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1723
County: Drenthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_mccain View Post
Or buy from Alfisti.net or Autolusso.

The problem with 330 brembos is that there are two different variants (not sure if linked to facelift or not) with different fittings to calliper.
diffrence is ally uprights or cast uprights.
With cast uprights you have long hoses
with ally you have shorter hoses ,and small rigid pipes.

Ally upright always have a brembo 4pot caliper , 330mm or 305mm , buth hoses are the same , just the rigid pipe is diffrent.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
braided , brake , line , poor , product

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page