19"x8.5" inch Wheels 166-99 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 18-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Stockholm

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 166

19"x8.5" inch Wheels 166-99

Hello. I have just bought new Rims (Zito CSL) 19"x8.5" with 235/35 tyres. The rims have ET40 but but what is the recommendation? someone said ET30. Do I need to buy Spacers 10mm? or should I test them out before I buy spacers? How can I check how much I need to space out?

maybe dumb to think about this now but do you think the wheels will hit the shock absorbers?

Greatful for any tip.

Alfa romeo 166 2.0ts 1999
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Mpumalanga
Measure and measure again. The fact that you already bought the wheel is not such a big issue. Fit the wheel and then measure.

The 166 2.0ts does not have Brembos does it? Fi so it will most probably foul the Brembos

8.5 is quite wide but the offset is generally the issue, from the face of the hub backwards...

You will only see once you fit the wheel and then measure how far from the shock it is. The moment you start fitting a spacer you will now have to measure how much space their is from the face of the outside of the wheel to the arch lining...

I'm running 8.0" with 15mm spacers and it fits snugly on my GQV.

check this website.

Alfa Romeo guide for correct alloy wheel fitment, PCD, and offset of your car | Alloy Wheel Fitment

And then my favorite:

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

good luck.

Alfa Romeo 156 Sportwagon 2.5 V6 - Project Swagon
Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV Tuned SOLD
Alfa Rommeo GTV Tuned SOLD
Alfa Romeo 156 GTA Sportwagon SOLD
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 19-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Stockholm

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guili View Post
Measure and measure again. The fact that you already bought the wheel is not such a big issue. Fit the wheel and then measure.

The 166 2.0ts does not have Brembos does it? Fi so it will most probably foul the Brembos

8.5 is quite wide but the offset is generally the issue, from the face of the hub backwards...

You will only see once you fit the wheel and then measure how far from the shock it is. The moment you start fitting a spacer you will now have to measure how much space their is from the face of the outside of the wheel to the arch lining...

I'm running 8.0" with 15mm spacers and it fits snugly on my GQV.

check this website.

Alfa Romeo guide for correct alloy wheel fitment, PCD, and offset of your car | Alloy Wheel Fitment

And then my favorite:

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

good luck.
Hello and thanks for replying!

No Bremos on my car. Yes 8.5 is quite wide but It MUST work haha. if I do not have spacers it might hit the shock absorbers. If I have spacers the wheel can go to far out and hit the fender instead. Damn I need to find the perfect measure for the spacers to make it work.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
19x85 , inch , wheels

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page