156 1.9 gearbox (what power) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 18-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Meath
156 1.9 gearbox (what power)

Hi all,

In the middle of a pretty awesome project at the moment. Right now I'm in the middle of increasing the power of my 1.9 156 ti. With a remap iv got it up to 185hp 385nm torque. I'm toying with the idea of a stage 2 turbo kit for it replacing pretty much everything for race parts. What I wanna know is does anyone know what kind of power and torque the gearbox can handle? Also the drive shafts will need to be able to handle the 300+ hp I will receive from the upgrade. Anyone know of a company who do replacement updated ones? Maybe gearbox parts also?

Aaron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Moravskoslezský
Garage
Any details, how you want to get 300+HP from 1.9JTD?

Differential is the weak point. Get the limited slip differential (Q2/Quaiffe ATB is common choice). Gearbox can withstand occassional ~450Nm then. Another weak point is the dualmass flywheel, which doesn't like the high torque at low revs really.

There are nice very related threads around here.
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 18-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

in currently in the middle of designing a bespoke turbo system including stage 2 and 3 parts. (ballbearing turbo, racing oil cooler, racing front mounted intercooler, hard piping w/ silicone joins, and big remap! also Vortex exhaust plus a load of strenghtening, seam welding, roll cage, stripped interior. gonna have a think about adapting the breaking system from an mitsubishi evo to it. May need to run it on racing fuel dont fully know yet. would like to change engine internals too but think this would cost mega money.
AO Silver Member

County: Moravskoslezský
Garage
i'm not for "racing" components I'm for numbers - airflow, boost, fuel flow, pressure, injector sizing, EGT and then concrete components type - turbo, injectors ...
(Post Link) post #5 of 9 Old 18-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

this is all still in the works at the moment in ways of hard numers but the turbo is rated for 8 bar, I would say the car would be running at a max of 4! its a garret turbo, got a lot more info to work out at the moment, If i can I will keep you up to date as i work things out. Im trying to source parts that will handle the power and provide the engine with enough fuel and air. this seems to be the hardest part.

injector sizing ill get back to u on
AO Member

County: Sachsen

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

first get a decend brake
2nd what do you think would be racing fuel on a Diesel?
3rd no Turbo i am awarevof can handle 8Bar Boost and that engine wont neigther.

(Post Link) post #7 of 9 Old 18-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

obviously brakes first!

2.) check out 60 cetane racing diesel.

3.) garret turbos can take some serious boost!
AO Member

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

a bb Turbo will not take more pressure than a std. one, they spool faster thats it.

and they will not deliver 4 Bar of boost, i am running a gt2560 and know a few people running quite some boost (GT2876 and GT30 Turbos) on the Nissan S-Chassis SR20, CA18, VQ and RB engines... not even mobne is running 4Bar boost in his highly rebuild extreme CA18DET which is producing over 700hp on a 1.8l Engine.

the most common turbocharger for Dieselperformance is gtb2056 or gtb22xx unit mybe one can run 3Bar of boost on it but i highly doubt it would last on the long run... however feel free to share your turbo with us - i am pretty shure there are quite a few people willig to update the turbo to something new.

For me it'll most likely become a gt17 of the 1.9 Ducati Corse.

Selling a Brembo Upgrade for 156's, Project Mu Pads (New) and fitting brake lines (new).

link to the thread
AO Member

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

a bb Turbo will not take more pressure than a std. one, they spool faster thats it.

and they will not deliver 4 Bar of boost, i am running a gt2560 and know a few people running quite some boost (GT2876 and GT30 Turbos) on the Nissan S-Chassis SR20, CA18, VQ and RB engines... not even mobne is running 4Bar boost in his highly rebuild extreme CA18DET which is producing over 700hp on a 1.8l Engine.

the most common turbocharger for Dieselperformance is gtb2056 or gtb22xx unit mybe one can run 3Bar of boost on it but i highly doubt it would last on the long run... however feel free to share your turbo with us - i am pretty shure there are quite a few people willig to update the turbo to something new.

For me it'll most likely become a gt17 of the 1.9 Ducati Corse.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
156 , gearbox , power

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page