Suspension 147/156/GT is the same? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

Old 04-02-13 Thread Starter

County: Vejle

Member car:

156 JTD 16V

Suspension 147/156/GT is the same?

as the title says.

The Eibach pro-street S on my 156 suddenly collapsed and getting new parts is absolutly ridiculous so i have to fit a standard suspension.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-13
AO Platinum Member

Exactly the same fitments, but a few slightly different spring rates, but nothing that would stop you getting mobile again.
Old 16-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

156, 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
Exactly the same fitments, but a few slightly different spring rates, but nothing that would stop you getting mobile again.
David, which of the models has the higher spring rates and would shock absorbers be notably different ?
Old 16-02-13
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
the heavier cars have higher spring rates... think V6 and 2.4... the 147 and GT are lighter in the rear than the 156 so would have lower rates at the back. schock absorbers should follow spring rates, but would depend on the brand if they bothered or not...
Old 17-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

156, 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore_Sportivo_155 View Post
the heavier cars have higher spring rates... think V6 and 2.4... the 147 and GT are lighter in the rear than the 156 so would have lower rates at the back. schock absorbers should follow spring rates, but would depend on the brand if they bothered or not...
So would ordering V6 spec shocks and springs for a TS give improved performance on the track and would the V6 ARB fit the TS ?
Old 18-02-13
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino164 View Post
So would ordering V6 spec shocks and springs for a TS give improved performance on the track and would the V6 ARB fit the TS ?
Yes it will fit and improve, but simultaneously it will lift your cars nose (due to the 70kg lighter engine & gearbox), thus detracting from he benefit again - so get lowering springs up front if you are going to uprate the spring rates. You can use ordinary racing coil-over springs up front over the standard shock - I'll measure it up tonight
Old 19-02-13
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertie View Post
You can use ordinary racing coil-over springs up front over the standard shock - I'll measure it up tonight
These are 7kg/mm 62.5mm inside diameter, 220mm long. They where in my TS racer with OEM shocks - I uprated now to 12kg/mm and high damp-rate coil-overs. I am thinking of going to race spec 20kg/mm and short travel shocks, but we'll see how the 12's go

Last edited by Gertie; 02-08-17 at 04:57.
Old 19-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

156, 147

Quote:
These are 7kg/mm 62.5mm inside diameter, 220mm long. They where in my TS racer with OEM shocks - I uprated now to 12kg/mm and high damp-rate coil-overs. I am thinking of going to race spec 20kg/mm and short travel shocks, but we'll see how the 12's go
Thanks. Who is the manufacturer ?
Old 20-02-13
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Thanks. Who is the manufacturer ?
These are MaxSpeed's but look here is a better selection: Springs | BC Racing Coilovers
Old 20-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

156, 147

Quote:
These are MaxSpeed's but look here is a better selection: Springs | BC Racing Coilovers
They look good value but are way beyond my budget
Old 25-02-13
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
They look good value but are way beyond my budget
I've put in D2 coil-over system that was in my opinion well priced if you consider it is shocks and springs. Ride height and shock firmness adjustable:
http://www.d2racing.co.uk/new/products.php?prod=3
Old 25-02-13
AO Member

Member car:

156, 147

Good price but still a bit more than I could possibly afford. How do you find them and what can you compare them with ?

Quote:
I've put in D2 coil-over system that was in my opinion well priced if you consider it is shocks and springs. Ride height and shock firmness adjustable:
http://www.d2racing.co.uk/new/products.php?prod=3
Old 26-02-13
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Good price but still a bit more than I could possibly afford. How do you find them and what can you compare them with ?
I asked, searched and researched about options (eibach+koni combo, Full bilsteins, Full XYZ). They are comparable to eibach+koni sport (the adjustable ones) The benefits over that combo is that the damp-rate adjust-ability is greater, the ride height is adjustable and you can play with pre-load (that is the very last place one would start playing with), but yes it is a bit more expensive.

There are other options with 30mm lowering: Alfa Romeo Shop - Tuning, Styling, Fanartikel und Modellautos - Alfa 156 Tieferlegungsfedern Federnsatz H&R Federnsatz 41454/41455

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
or gt , suspension