147 JTDm 8v EGR Blanking plate - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 20-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

ALFA 147 JTDm 8v

147 JTDm 8v EGR Blanking plate

Hi yall , brought a part blanking plate from the bay the ones with a small hole in the middle and fitted it last weekend,I fitted it after the egr valve as apparently it can be fitted before the egr and after just before the intake on the 8v, maybe somebody can comment on this.The intake was mega coked up but after a little clean and digging it all looked good. I did notice a difference in the way the car drove , more smooth and it seemed a little better on pickup ,also the dreaded Motor control system failure light came up after one day of driving then went away after the weekend as it wasn't being driven ..strange... and hasn't come back.Worth the four quid imo.

Last edited by cree; 06-08-13 at 15:49.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Im not sure whats recomended but when i tried on my 16v i put the orifice plate before the valve on the thinking that it is going to increase gas velocity throgh the hole and help keep particles in airflow and help prevent them sticking in the valve itself.
On the other side of the valve id assume it may hold back soot in airflow and make valve blockage worse.
Only theory as i never kept mine in long enough, and always only had approx 1mm of very fine soot build up inside the valve whenever removed for cleaning.
Only experiance can say which side is best.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 20-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

ALFA 147 JTDm 8v

Quote:
Originally Posted by sussexa View Post
Im not sure whats recomended but when i tried on my 16v i put the orifice plate before the valve on the thinking that it is going to increase gas velocity throgh the hole and help keep particles in airflow and help prevent them sticking in the valve itself.
On the other side of the valve id assume it may hold back soot in airflow and make valve blockage worse.
Only theory as i never kept mine in long enough, and always only had approx 1mm of very fine soot build up inside the valve whenever removed for cleaning.
Only experiance can say which side is best.
You have a point
AO Silver Member

County: Cardiff

Member car:

Giulia Veloce

Hi, the 8 valve engines have the same size inlet and outlet to the egr valve so it doesnt matter which you put it on but the 16 valve has an oval intake, the same as yours but a square outlet to the manifold.

The plates with holes allow just enough flow not to trigger the elm but if your egr system is coked up it might be further restricting it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
147 , blanking , egr , jtdm , plate

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page