RACECHIP for 2.4 JTD 200HP - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 11-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Trnavsky
RACECHIP for 2.4 JTD 200HP

Hi guys,
I have bought this racechip from the Chiptuning von RaceChip - die Powerbox fr sicheres Motor Tuning – RaceChip Chiptuning for my Brera. Was very cheap, payed 129,- for it and they promised power increase to 250hp so I gave it a try. When it came, installing took me a minute as they told me. So I went for test drive and immediately I felt the real increase. Also the consumption got better about an liter decrease in average. Was very happy with it....but....but after two weeks,about 1k km car started to smoke a lot and got a message have engine check, I was pretty sure it was DPF because the car went to emergency mode and started filter regen. So I hoped was normal but from than, the car was smoking all the time and i got the filter regen every 500km. Was very bad, my car is white, so the whole back was covered by black smoke particles. We tried to solve this with the racechip tech.guy, but everything worked just for a week or two.
Have anyone of you tried this so far???

Also before this physical chip, I got custom remap with DPF removal and EGR closing, also worked great but after around 500km car started to smoke like crazy everytime when i touched the throttle, performance was amazing, but I couldnt accept that smoke. So the guy tried other remap configuration but nothing changed it, and he was very experienced and remaps I have to say, doing the latest V8 or even V12 diesel engines and also having one 159 with 2.4 done up to 260hp just with remap without any extra smoke. So after this he did not understand how it was possible. So we put everything to the original state as before, and immediatelly on first start and followed drive no smoke at all.

Please post something here to share
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1KdDdd1335433482.jpg (56.2 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Moravskoslezský
Garage
Get rid of the racechip dildo and visit some good tuner. Good tuner should be able to analyze the combustion parameters. The reason for the smoky combustion is too much of fuel (or lack of the air). I would bet for the worn injectors in your case.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1723
County: Drenthe
I've had a 210hp 159 in the shop that had wrecked its engine using the "racechip pro"
I'm not sure what happened , but both valves and turbo where melted!
AO Silver Member

County: Moravskoslezský
Garage
probably due to the high combustion temperature (rail pressure faked too much, or worn and leaking injector)

County: -

Member car:

MiTo 1.3 JTD

New to tuning!

Hey guys!

Firstly I hope I'm asking in the right place; it seems that this thread is closest to what I'm looking for. Im looking for advice from some more knowledgeable like-minded people.

Basically I've had my 1.3 JTD MiTo for a few months now and I've recently considered performance tuning.

I work between the UK and South Africa and have been recently referred to a local company near my place in Cape Town by a friend.

I'd want a proper job doing and would hate to waste money getting it done only to find that it was the wrong choice, or worse, the wrong company.

They offer diesel chip tuning which was the one "buzzword/phrase" I've been advised to investigate.

I'm not particularly savvy with all the lingo on the website though, so I was hoping to get some confirmation from the experts that they seem like a reputable enough company in terms of the services they offer.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

Kind regards

Liam
AO Platinum Member

County: Mpumalanga
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfed View Post
Hey guys!

Firstly I hope I'm asking in the right place; it seems that this thread is closest to what I'm looking for. Im looking for advice from some more knowledgeable like-minded people.

Basically I've had my 1.3 JTD MiTo for a few months now and I've recently considered performance tuning.

I work between the UK and South Africa and have been recently referred to a local company near my place in Cape Town by a friend.

I'd want a proper job doing and would hate to waste money getting it done only to find that it was the wrong choice, or worse, the wrong company.

They offer diesel chip tuning which was the one "buzzword/phrase" I've been advised to investigate.

I'm not particularly savvy with all the lingo on the website though, so I was hoping to get some confirmation from the experts that they seem like a reputable enough company in terms of the services they offer.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

Kind regards

Liam
Cape Town - STO/Evolution - contact Amien...search them on Google

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
200hp , jtd , racechip

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page