So, as Demien said, i send an email to GAZ in order to provide me a price list for the following models suspensions:
GAZ DA Adjustable Coilovers
GAZ GP Coilover Adjustable Dampers
GAZ GOLD PRO Adjustable Coilovers
GAZ GT Adjustable Dampers
Also i asked them, if they are able to supply only dampers with damping and rebound control for Alfa Romeo 145. Let's wait until they provide me with feedback regarding my request.
Meanwhile I searched the market for other possible options for suspension kits for 145 platform (typo 930). I found several available coilover kits with prices between £600-£900: List below is from cheapest to highest price:
1. Apex RDX Coilovers
- don't know anything about this brand. As i understand, this model is only height adjustable with full suspension travel. But there was no information if this kit have damper adjustable. Price: £497.00 (inc. VAT)
2. Koni Sport Suspension Kits
- 4 levels of damper adjustment, but no height adjustment. Will lower your car approx 35-40mm predefined. It is not coilover. High quality of dampers and springs. The interesting here is the Lifetime warranty
, which the company offers to its customers. I am not sure how good this suspension kit is, but definitely Koni yellows are great dampers. Price: £631.00 (inc. VAT)
3. FK Konigsport Coilovers
- not many information about this, the only thing i heard, that this is the best coilover kit from FK manufacturer, because they use Koni Sport (yellows) dampers as a base for this package. This mean, that you will have 4 stage damper control and good quality from Koni! Price: £664.00 (inc. VAT)
4. H&R Monotube Coilovers
- Height adjustment from 25mm-60mm and 30% up-rated sport dampers. I was informed by H&R, that the dampers are Koni, so here we have high quallity build too. No damper adjustment available for this package. Also in their website, i found only for Alfa 155, there was no option for 145, but as we all know, it will fit perfectly to Alfa 145 model. I do not know why they did not listed the Alfa 145 as option too. Price: £791.00 (inc. VAT)
5. KW Variant 1 Coilovers
- i only know that they are expensive!! KW is high quality brand, but no idea about Variant1 handling potential. Price : £819.00 (inc. VAT)
So, i will have to decide, which one will suit the best for my project. I definitely do not prefer to pay more than £600 for suspension kit, so i have to check other options like 4 dampers + 4 springs. For example 4 Koni's or Bilstein B6 + 4 springs. Maybe it will cost less.
I have ordered full polybushes kit for Alfa Rome 145 from a local manufacturer.
Also i bought FIAT 20VT 4 pot Brembo calipers.
I will have to start searching for bigger wheels now, 16" or 17". I am not sure, which size is more suitable. Here the main dilemma is, which race tyre size is cheaper: the 16" or 17"? And which is easier to find on the market.
After coffee conversation with one friend from motorsport, I am now thinking, if i should stick with Alfa Romeo 2000cc 16V TS
engine, or should i swap it with FIAT 2000cc 16V
engine from Coupe, Delta HPE etc. The main question is, which engine is more suitable for motorsport, reliability and mainly the build cost? Now i am checking this and will post when i have results. You can help me here, too.
So for now i am still on collecting information level. Meanwhile i bought several things, but the build is not yet started. I drove the car to the garage where I will start building it, with the help from guys from local workshops.