Alfa 159 ti 2ltr JTDM Tuning - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 11-04-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa 159

Crazed Alfa 159 ti JTDM Tuning

I have a 159 ti,JTDM, after reading various reviews and articles i have bought a tuning box from The Italian Box company.
The reason for the thread is i'm seeing so many conflicting stories about these boxes, some think they are fantastic and will cause no problems, other slate them and say a remap is the only way to go.
The Italian company have been brilliant with their knowledge and advise and every report i see on their site gives 100% positive feedback, yet why am i left so confused.

If anyone has any experience with this box and a modern version not one of the old types that seems to be talked about in 2008/2009 it would be apprciated.

Last edited by Agentgb; 16-05-12 at 21:54. Reason: Private
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentgb View Post
every report i see on their site gives 100% positive feedback
There is a reason for that...

I've never heard of the 'Italian Box' tuning company and I have zero experience of their products but I know I certainly wouldn't touch a £60 box off Ebay on my brand new (or otherwise) car.

In all likelihood, all it will do is attach inline with the fuel delivery system controlling how much fuel is injected into your engine and it will apply a factor of X on top of the factory values.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 07-05-12 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa 159

Having tested the tuning box out I could only say you are completely of the mark, the fuel consumption savings were incredible, moving from late 30's early forties to late forties early fifties. The power delivery was incredibly smooth, 3rd and 4th gear performance was remarkable, suddenly cruising in 6th gear and excallerating to overtake became possible. The car took on a new lease of life not yet untapped.
I've removed the box and due to ever sceptical comments have placed it in the capable hands of a friendly university electrical engineer, here it will be tested and analysed for the so called resistor or digital debate.
There is as ever a strong debate over these boxes and also poor remapping programmes, I'm not out to prove anybody right or wrong but for my own peace of mind establish if the sceptics out there are only using say so rather than knowledge to make endless negative comments.
AO Member

County: Etela-Suomen Laani
it goes to rail pressure sensor, right ? so it just raise the pressure. for fuel economy, check that by counting your self, and dont look at the car computer anymore, because after box it wont tell you the truth anymore. I have had italian box in my mini clubman 1.6d , and after box it went from 0-100kmh in 8,4sec . measured by g-tech RR . and also in my volvo v70 it gave an extra 60nm of torque, measured by dyno. Good for first tuning, but if wanted more, then the real programming is much better way.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
159 , 2ltr , alfa , jtdm , tuning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page