2.4 10V JTD Remap questions - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 11-03-12 Thread Starter

County: -

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD

2.4 10V JTD Remap questions

Hello guys! Fisrt, I want you to excuse me for awful English, cause I don't use these language at all ... I speak Russian every day, but I'll try to explain my questions correctly) Thx.

So, I have 10V 2.4 JTD engine. And I want to remap it this summer in Lithuania, but I have some fear about gearbox and other drivetrain parts. For example, after remaping my engine will have 180HP and 360Nm. Is there any conditions to damage gearbox with this remapping results? What is optimal remap results for 10V engine, which will have no serious load for gearbox, clutch and other drivetrain parts? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Wiltshire
Gearbox and drive shafts should be fine. If you are not gentle with the clutch it will only last 40,000 - 50,000 miles.

My 156 10V was remapped to 200bhp and that wore out clutches every 40,000 miles but we were hard on the car. The rest, gearbox and driveshafts will be OK.

Once remapped you should get an LSD (Q2 or quaife are recommended here) as it will spin the inside tyre and be quite unruly with that much power.
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 11-03-12 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandlbarrett View Post
Gearbox and drive shafts should be fine. If you are not gentle with the clutch it will only last 40,000 - 50,000 miles.

My 156 10V was remapped to 200bhp and that wore out clutches every 40,000 miles but we were hard on the car. The rest, gearbox and driveshafts will be OK.

Once remapped you should get an LSD (Q2 or quaife are recommended here) as it will spin the inside tyre and be quite unruly with that much power.
Thank you very much for such quick reply. What is your's Alfa's 0-60 time with such remapping result? And what mods does she have?
AO Silver Member

No other mods on mine but from experience I do know an LSD would have made a big difference as it would frequently loose traction coming out of sharp low speed corners. On a wet road and sharp bends would spin the inside tyre easily in second and sometimes even in third.

No idea about 0-60 but if your map is anything like mine was you will be astonished by the difference - it is jaw dropping.

I am not sure if you need to but once remapped it might be worth going through the ECU reset procedure.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 14-03-12 Thread Starter

Member car:

156 2.4 JTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandlbarrett View Post
No other mods on mine but from experience I do know an LSD would have made a big difference as it would frequently loose traction coming out of sharp low speed corners. On a wet road and sharp bends would spin the inside tyre easily in second and sometimes even in third.

No idea about 0-60 but if your map is anything like mine was you will be astonished by the difference - it is jaw dropping.

I am not sure if you need to but once remapped it might be worth going through the ECU reset procedure.
Thank you bro What do you think about powerboxes? But it's difficult to get them in our country, and there is a lot of doubtful manufacturers... What shall I prefer - powerbox or accurate remapping with dyno-tests?

Your advices are great!) And they make my fears go away) This summer I will try to make my baby more powerfull) Sorry about my "noob-questions") Can I get some more advices from you, when I will make something with my AR?)
AO Silver Member

I don't know enough to tell you which is best but those that do will insist a remap is superior and would not use a powerbox.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
10v , jtd , questions , remap

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page