Advice please on choosing tuning companies - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 17-11-11 Thread Starter

County: Staffordshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Q-tronic

Advice please on choosing tuning companies

I am looking at Chip tuning and DPF removal on my 159 2.4 Q-tronic. I have read many posts on this subject. Any advice on which is the best company to use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
AHM or AlfaTune ... as far as I'm aware these guys actually developed the MAP to allow the DPF to be removed ... there are other cheaper companies though, personally I'd go for the best
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Garage

Member car:

E82 125i

The non ahm maps aren't as potent as what ahm/alfatune can do but the map they use on the qtronic is more conservative anyway so the cheaper alternatives might be worth investigating
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1405
County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alfa 159 View Post
I am looking at Chip tuning and DPF removal on my 159 2.4 Q-tronic. I have read many posts on this subject. Any advice on which is the best company to use?
As 156Chris said. The Alfatune/AHM F1 remap & dpf removal is regarded as the best available. It may be more expensive but I believe it's worth it...

They have done the remap to a few q-tronic cars from members on this forum with some very good results.

Good luck!
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

E82 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogz View Post
As 156Chris said. The Alfatune/AHM F1 remap & dpf removal is regarded as the best available. It may be more expensive but I believe it's worth it...

They have done the remap to a few q-tronic cars from members on this forum with some very good results.

Good luck!
the F1 map isn't used on the Qtronics though
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1405
County: West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil-gtv6 View Post
the F1 map isn't used on the Qtronics though
As far as I know it's a tailored version for the 200hp engine derived of the original F1 map... but it still has a DPF & EGR delete...and is quite close in terms of smoothness and power...

So if that's what you mean by it not being an F1 map....I guess you're right...

AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

E82 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clogz View Post
As far as I know it's a tailored version for the 200hp engine derived of the original F1 map... but it still has a DPF & EGR delete...and is quite close in terms of smoothness and power...

So if that's what you mean by it not being an F1 map....I guess you're right...

I was thinking about getting a Qtronic so sent Adie a couple of emails about tuning them and he said that when he tried the map he'd use on the manuals on the qtronic, it made the auto box operate strangely, and so he uses a more connservative version on them
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

various Alfas

Let me clarify something on the matter.The auto transmission has its own gearbox ecu which communicates via can with the engine ecu.If the torque from the engine ecu (after a remap)exceeds the settings for the torque set on the gearbox ecu,then the gearbox ecu fumbles the changes,for that reason we have to restrict the torque increase a little more during a remap.
Of course we could remap the gearbox ecu settings,like we do for other car makes,but to be honest I dont think the auto Alfa owner would be prepared to go to that expense.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
AO Silver Member

Garage

Member car:

E82 125i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFA TUNER View Post
Let me clarify something on the matter.The auto transmission has its own gearbox ecu which communicates via can with the engine ecu.If the torque from the engine ecu (after a remap)exceeds the settings for the torque set on the gearbox ecu,then the gearbox ecu fumbles the changes,for that reason we have to restrict the torque increase a little more during a remap.
Of course we could remap the gearbox ecu settings,like we do for other car makes,but to be honest I dont think the auto Alfa owner would be prepared to go to that expense.
so if (theoretically) I have a Qtronic and always used it in manual shift mode, it would work ok with the full monty remap ?
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

various Alfas

Quote:
so if (theoretically) I have a Qtronic and always used it in manual shift mode, it would work ok with the full monty remap ?
No,it would be much better than in auto but it would only work good at full rev manual changesNot really everyday usable(like that,is it)
AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey
Quote:

or if you were ALWAYS going to use it in manual mode you could just of course buy the manual version of the car

unless of course you only have one leg

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
advice , choosing , companies , tuning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page