Anyone running the Mangos induction kit on a 2.4? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 02-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cheshire
Anyone running the Mangos induction kit on a 2.4?

Hi all,

After a disastrous experience with an Audi TT I will be back in the fold as of next week.

Mangoletsi have done me a storming deal on a 2.4 diesel Spider. Sadly budget wouldn't stretch to the 210bhp, so it is the earlier 200bhp unit, but still seems pretty good to drive with plenty of punch, though lag low down is a little disconcerting!

Was wondering if anyone has fitted the Mangos induction kit to their 2.4? I have read that the kit is allegedly a little small for the car, but not sure how much foundation is in this.

Can anyone tell me about their experiences with the Mangos induction kit? Does it do the trick?

Luck is the residue of opportunity and design...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

I didn't know mangos had an induction kit for the 2.4 thought is just for the petrols.

They do the mod 1 and 2 to get some more BHP but if your spending that much then better to get a proper map and egr/dpf delete.
Unregistered

County: Lancashire
JJ you need to speak to Gus at Alfatuner, I wouldn't touch a Mango's mod with a big stick.

Gus will do you an excellent remap, DPF removal and an ERG regen delete, not had mine done yet as funds are a little tight but as soon as the money is there Gus will be my first choice, as he did an excellent job on my 1.9 GT

https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/members/alfa+tuner.html
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
james, hunter had some kind of mango's induction kit job done on his old 159 2.4, along with the tuning box. sounded mental - like darth vader sucking air through his teeth

if you're considering paying for the tuning box mod, i implore you to go to gus instead... i had the mango's stuff on mine and it was a bit crude tbh, with boost up and down like a yo-yo on full throttle. had it gus'd in february and it's simply in a different league

plus no more dpf & egr valve to inevitably spoil my day at some stage

- Keepin' it moist -
(Post Link) post #5 of 8 Old 11-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

I have run the Mangos box and boost mod on my previous 1.9 GT and 159 Ti.

For the incoming Spider 2.4 however I will definitely be going down the remap/EGR/DPF delete route.

I remember Mikey pulling up in his old Brera 2.4 one day which had an induction kit fitted and it sounded mental in a good way.

Just a bit concerned as if it is located behind the bumper like in the GT I don't like the idea of slurping up water from puddles!
AO Silver Member

Good luck with the Spider James! I'd def have another if I didn't need space for Bambino, as they're beautiful to look at, and I loved mine to drive too!

What colour have you gone for?

Remember JB's Brera is the 200bhp one originally, and look at what he's done with his!

In terms of the air filter I wouldn't worry about where it's mounted as the water issue just isn't there!

I'm not sure the Mango's one is the right size or a decent quality either tbh. I'd still upgrade the filter if you can, but maybe start with a k&n panel filter...

Like other have said above the dpf delete and map are the best way to start...

It's better to burn out than fade away!

My Alfa Addiction so far:

Alfa Red 159ti 1750tbi SW / Stromoli 156 1.9 Sport / Blue 147 1.6 Twinnie / Alfa Red 159ti 1.9 / Carbonio 1.9 GT / Carbonio Spider 2.4 / Carbonio Brera 2.4 / Beige Alfa sud 1.5ti/Alfa Mito Distinctive 1.6jtdm2/Alfa Mito Veloce 1.4ma
(Post Link) post #7 of 8 Old 23-10-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Oi oi Mikey - hope you and the family are well.

Thanks matey.

Mine is black like your old one (but pre 'facelift' - sadly budget would stretch no further).

Yeah naturally remap and DPF chop-out is the biggie, but fancied fitting a filter in the interim to try and improve throttle response whilst I put some dosh by for the remap and the resulting insurance hike.

The lag on 2.4 200 bhp is beyond bad. Cannot believe Alfa let it leave the factory as it is (and explains why they were quick to tweak and release the 210 bhp unit I guess).
AO Silver Member

Yeah all good thanks fella! (apart from living with two demanding women now! )

Be great to see some pic's of your new steed!

What wheels did it come with?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
induction , kit , mangos , running

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page